PDA

View Full Version : Shopping with the wife

Halo
04-04-2005, 03:03 AM
Finally did some - it didn't go quite to plan though. :rolleyes:

I told my wife about being a CD after we had been dating for about 4 months. That was about 10 years ago. In all that time she's never seen me dressed or bought me anything or gone shopping with me. After I told her she seemed to take it well, but there was something that made me feel uncomfortable, and I kinda just let it slide and nothing much was said for a few years.

Last year we had been out to a party and she had worn some fabulous pantyhose, which I just had to try out. That was a kinda turning point and quite often I've worn pantyhose to bed and she accepted that OK.

So anyway, earlier last week, after getting a delivery of 6 inch heels, and fed up being depressed all the time, I tackled the subject again, and things seemed to go really well. I had shaved my legs (badly) and suggested she get me some Veet to try instead- which she did. I said we should go shopping for clothes together and she seemed up for that.

However, over the next few days the impetus seemed to have been lost. The shopping trip was carefully avoided, I was being moody and snappy with her, she was annoyed at my moods, etc. Things were going bad quickly. I was getting the same misgivings I got 10 years ago.

However, I decided I wasn't backing down! I need clothes. I need her to shop with me! I need her to be a part of this.

So I forced the issue, made her talk about what she was worried about.
1st, she thought I meant for us to both get fetish outfits when I said about shopping together. Oops - that was the 6 inch heels did that I guess. Obviously I meant just regular female clothes for us both (maybe a tad ****ty for me ;))
2nd, she isn't as comfortable as she had tried to appear, and wasn't keen on going shopping with me.
3rd, she doesn't want me to go grab my heels every time I think I'm getting lucky.
Fair enough, now I now where I stand and what I have to work with.

Anyway we went shopping for some drab for me and outfits for her - we're off away for a couple of days. We're in the women's clothes shop. She asked if I liked a skirt - is she asking if I want it, or whether she should get it? So I was non-commital (it was not to my taste for me;)) and decided to be pro-active. I ran round the store suggesting things that I liked for her. That threw her cos then she didn't know if I meant I liked them for me or for her. Doh. Usually I'm so depressed shopping with her for clothes that I am not really very helpful at all, so this was a big change.

She got some outfits for her (nothing for me, sob), and then went to M&S for knickers. For her or for me? I was confused about then.

As we go in she says, so do you think she's a 16? Woohoo, knickers for me :D
It was a bit crowded and I was more self-conscious than I needed to be, but now I got 3 pairs of nice knickers.

I still don't have anything to wear to dress for her, but hopefully we can build on this and that will follow shortly.

I have to say that this forum helped me a lot to have the confidence to do this.

Sharon
04-04-2005, 04:03 AM
It's a positive first step Halo, that is just talking to your wife about these things. Take it a step at a time and she will probably come to accept and understand this strange fascination you have with women's clothing. Just be sure to keep communicating.
One word of warning though: your pocketbook is in danger of perpetual emptiness once the shopping bug takes root. :)

Teddie
04-04-2005, 06:23 AM
One small step at a time. Leads to longer strides. Just go with her feelings. And, treat her like avery special lady. Then the panties, will lead to bras, to hose, to blouses, to skirts. And, they may even be a little ****ty :rolleyes:

My wife even suggest ****ty from time to time :D

Richelle
04-04-2005, 10:44 AM
Halo,

This is great news. Just remember to go at her speed. If you push to hard, she may react very different from what she did today.

Richelle

DonnaT
04-04-2005, 11:48 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_11_2.gif

When my wife and I go shopping, she'll often say "for you or me" when I suggest something to her. She's enjoying the shopping more, now that I am going with her more often. I don't do a lot of buying for myself during these trips, but I still try to have some fun with it. I helps in the long run too.