PDA

View Full Version : Poll: How do you feel about posting in other sections - EVERYONE please!

Syr_SwitchyGQ
11-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Just wanted to get a feel for what people thought about this given our recent discussion.

ZenFrost
11-10-2007, 03:53 PM
No brainer. :winkp:

SherriePall
11-10-2007, 03:54 PM
We shouldn't unless we are specifically asked as we were on this thread. Although, I have been guilty of jumping in because I have seen the thread title, but not the section. Mea Culpa.

Wendy me
11-10-2007, 03:54 PM
i am not going to vote in the poll .... what i will say is every "MEMBER" here should be able to post in any public forum open to every one ....

now we have more than our share of people posting in threads were only one group was asked a question .... that were not the group asked ....as well as polls for one group people did the same thing .....,.

this has upset quite a few people and rightfully so it's respect that simple ... all "MEMBERS" deserve respect ..... no matter who they are as no one group is better than the next .....

steps have been made to slow or stop (hopefully) this posting were you don't belong problem by the staff here ....is it a quick fix??? who knows but we do want to give every "MEMBER" the respect they deserve .........

i say go visit all the sections and be mindful of what was asked and more so of who it was asked,.......

Anthony Jake
11-10-2007, 04:02 PM
ok as far as i recall i have posted twice in the MtF section :

once bc they were speaking about Japan and seeing as i have been there 5 times and my parents lived there i thought i may have some valid info..

twice bc they had been saying the GG thing so i went i put 4 smileys in (not so much the smiley ones..)

other than that, i really dont feel the need to look there.. :2c:

Shelly Preston
11-10-2007, 04:13 PM
I think we should be respectful when posting

but should be able to post anywhere

EXCEPT WHEN THE TITLE REQUESTS ONE GROUP ONLY

Syr_SwitchyGQ
11-10-2007, 04:21 PM
No brainer. :winkp:

That's actually kind of why I posted this. I honestly think that most everyone wants to get along and be respected (and thus be respectful of others!), and that those who don't are in the minority. I wanted to show that to try and calm things down. My intent was to show common ground :happy:, not to rile anybody up, so hopefully no one took it that way.

Wendy me
11-10-2007, 04:24 PM
ok as far as i recall i have posted twice in the MtF section :

once bc they were speaking about Japan and seeing as i have been there 5 times and my parents lived there i thought i may have some valid info..

twice bc they had been saying the GG thing so i went i put 4 smileys in (not so much the smiley ones..)

other than that, i really dont feel the need to look there.. :2c:

i might be confused a bit .... i thought the question ..... How do you feel about posting in other sections? was abought all the "OTHER" sections of the forum ......

Syr_SwitchyGQ
11-10-2007, 04:41 PM
i might be confused a bit .... i thought the question ..... How do you feel about posting in other sections? was abought all the "OTHER" sections of the forum ......

Whoops. I should clarify: How do you feel about posting in sections that are not specifically geared to your own personal identity. I.e. - FtMs posting the Loved Ones section, or MtFs posting in the Transmasculine section. You get the idea.

AllieSF
11-10-2007, 04:46 PM

I agree 100%.

Lisa Golightly
11-10-2007, 04:47 PM
I don't mind hanging with the boys... I like boys. If they decided to tell me to clear off I would. I'm not keen on boxes... Everyone wanted to put me in this box that was labelled male and it took years to destroy that one... The more walls I see the less gender fluid I see the structure.

Anthony Jake
11-10-2007, 04:48 PM

well ok, to simplify it, i dont see the need to post somewhere where i dont feel it is specifically relevant to me.. a) because it isnt my place really and b) because really i dont want to get involved in a discussion which someone is going to feel i shouldn't have and c) because i really can't be bothered with the odd person who is going to take offence to my opinion.

Wendy me
11-10-2007, 05:08 PM
Whoops. I should clarify: How do you feel about posting in sections that are not specifically geared to your own personal identity. I.e. - FtMs posting the Loved Ones section, or MtFs posting in the Transmasculine section. You get the idea.

OK well that is interesting ...lol what you asked and what you intended to ask are very different ... so what TheInnerMan replayed was a answer to the question you did not ask (but meant to???)....... i read all the forums (except the prevent ones) it's my job here ....

now the question is leading ... with a message in it as well???? OK i don't post over in loved ones or you guy's places often ....but i do check you guys out a lot... (did that sound right?).... my believe is simple we all want the same understanding and respecte....and the best way i can see of understanding other groups is to check them out read their posts .... and hopefully if you post show respect for who is asked questions and who a poll might be for ....

Anthony Jake
11-10-2007, 05:14 PM
OK well that is interesting ...lol what you asked and what you intended to ask are very different ... so what TheInnerMan replayed was a answer to the question you did not ask (but meant to???)....... i read all the forums (except the prevent ones) it's my job here ....

now the question is leading ... with a message in it as well???? OK i don't post over in loved ones or you guy's places often ....but i do check you guys out a lot... (did that sound right?).... my believe is simple we all want the same understanding and respecte....and the best way i can see of understanding other groups is to check them out read their posts .... and hopefully if you post show respect for who is asked questions and who a poll might be for ....

ok.. yes we do want the same respect.. precisely.. so why then do we have people who almost purposely come in and disrespect us and refer to us as 'girls'?

Im not pointing at you, but some people.. and i think when people post like that its just down right rude. I wouldnt criticise anyone.. but i do feel the need to say excuse me when someone says i am a girl. see my point?

Joy Carter
11-10-2007, 05:18 PM
I know I have posted by mistake, because I didn't see or read the whole thread tittle. For this I am truly sorry. :spank:

Wendy me
11-10-2007, 05:34 PM
ok.. yes we do want the same respect.. precisely.. so why then do we have people who almost purposely come in and disrespect us and refer to us as 'girls'?

Im not pointing at you, but some people.. and i think when people post like that its just down right rude. I wouldnt criticise anyone.. but i do feel the need to say excuse me when someone says i am a girl. see my point?

i do see your point ... i truly do see it ...for the most part we all have gender issues in one way or a another ... that said and i believe we can agree with that .... all the more reason to try to open our selfs to be more understanding not only of who we are but also to those other "MEMBERS" here ....

the girls MTF'S understand that we can be thought of as girls .... so too should we also be mindful that the guy's FTM's also be addressed with the same thought ....what a wonderful world it would be if every one in the got it .... i know it upsets you guy's as it dose us girls when some one dose not think before they type .... it's a respect thingy..... some get it and some never will...............

Kate Simmons
11-10-2007, 05:47 PM
It depends on the subject matter and context mostly. My aim is always to be respectful and encouraging whenever I can. Sometimes when we have "parties", especially here, it can be a lot of fun to join in. Bottom line is, you show respect, you get it.:happy:

Marla S
11-10-2007, 05:55 PM

Well, I think most such posts are not intentionally disrespecting or rude.
I see them usually as naive or self-absorbed. Someone who struggles a lot with the own issues loses a bit sight for the needs of others. It needs a bit of experience to find the right form of address in the trans-world. (I am not free of faults myself, it's not easy)
That's not an excuse, but could be a bit of an explanation.

I think it is a good way if you intervene in the respective threads, like you already do. Those that don't get it are the minority and shouldn't damage the important and inspiring exchange of views of all members of the gender spectrum in any section.

Kieron Andrew
11-10-2007, 09:45 PM
im quite happy to post all across the board because i truly believe we can learn from each other if we put in the effort, but if a thread was to say GG only for example i would respect it and stay away

Kris
11-11-2007, 01:34 AM

I often am not respectful .. only because they say some of the dumbest things...........
I can't believe some of what they say sometimes.
OR
I am in a totally goofy mood and am being funny, even if I am the only one who thinks it's funny.

LMAO

Kris

Kieron,

I am guilty of posting in one of the F2M threads but thought it was okay because I didn't participate in the poll..... and Tamara whipped my butt for it. I will never ever ever do that again.

Felix
11-11-2007, 06:03 AM
Yeah I like to think ya can post in other areas but respect is always important when doing so xx Felix :hugs:

Nicki B
11-11-2007, 08:18 AM
Personally I think it's a shame we have to have all these divisions - we are all people?

Dividing ourselves seem to give others power over us, rather than empowering ourselves as a trans community? What are they, but more closets???

But calling an FTM a 'girl' is not only hugely disrespectful, it's just offensive - and should be jumped on by everybody, not just F2Ms?

It does seem strange to me (as a relative newcomer) that so many threads seem to shut people out - who may have very valid and useful points of view.. :strugglin

But mutual respect has to be a given. And if it's not, that's what we need mods for??

SirTrey
11-11-2007, 08:19 AM
It really IS all about respect....and as for polls, no one should vote in a poll that asks for specific groups...and, it shouldn't be any person or group on THIS board against another....It should be all of us against a world that does not accept or understand us....and doesn't want to. I think it's just that simple. **Trey**

Nicki B
11-11-2007, 08:45 AM
It really IS all about respect....

Yes - but not of 'what' as the question implies, but of 'who'? Let's just see each other as individuals, not groups?

Good to see you around Hun - be well... :hmmm:

Di
11-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Excepting when the title ask for input from just a certain group......everyone should feel free to post anywhere as long as respectfully.But that is the way it should be in every section anyways What worries me it seems like alot seem to just stay in " their section" I hate to see division. It is all about support and respect of all.:hugs:

Lora Olivia
11-11-2007, 12:58 PM
I feel free to post in any open forum that does not ask me not to do so. Sometimes I do desire to post in a thread that excludes me but don't do it because it would be disrepectful. Also want to thank you guys for letting this girl post and read in your forum because I believe I find insight into the world of all transgender peeps.

Now I hope you don't mind Capt. But I think a rum is in order:drink:

Scotty
11-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Nope, one person complained that I posted in this section even AFTER I apolagized for doing so, so I don't even READ in it anymore...sorry!

This one happened to be on top.

Tamara Croft
11-11-2007, 04:20 PM
I personally post in all sections, unless a post states for specific members only, I stay out of those, because I think it is rude to ruin a thread or a poll just for the sake of not taking the time to read things properly :) But everyone is allowed to post anywhere on the forum, it isn't limited, just threads that state this.

Daintre
11-11-2007, 04:41 PM
I like to respond to posts in all areas that I feel I can add something to or if it is something that I feel strongly about. I am however very careful NOT to respond where I am asked not to....a very simple concept. The Forum is set up so we can access most areas.

Cai
11-11-2007, 10:22 PM
Excepting when the title ask for input from just a certain group......everyone should feel free to post anywhere as long as respectfully.But that is the way it should be in every section anyways What worries me it seems like alot seem to just stay in " their section" I hate to see division. It is all about support and respect of all.:hugs:

I try to go over and read the threads in the MtF and Loved Ones forums, because I feel it's important that I understand all the viewpoints. But rarely do those questions/statements apply to me, so I don't post. I think that's true for many of us on all sides of this.

I'm very glad that some of the girls take the time to read and respond here - this board would be much less fun without them. And I wish that we could intermingle more, but we seem to be constantly dealing with respect issues.

I'm half-afraid to post things over in the MtF forums because I don't want to say anything offensive, and coming from a very different perspective, I could be offensive easily without meaning to. I think that happens a lot to us in here, more because we're outnumbered than because the girls are intentionally being rude or disrespectful.

(I'm not meaning to discuss you girls like you aren't here, but it's easier on the grammar if I write like that.)

Sandra
11-12-2007, 04:58 AM
If a thread appeals to me and I feel that my input may help then I will post in it, but if it states that replies are only wanted from a certain group eg MtF,FtM then I will not post.