PDA

View Full Version : Are you a "girlie man?"

KateSpade83
11-10-2007, 09:23 PM
Arnold Schwarzeneggar's "girlie man" term sound real funny, but do you think you're a "girlie man?" How girlie are you and what do you do?

Me, in male mode I'm all male and not the slightest female. Only thing I ever did was wear panties to work but now I'm scared of doing that because it's bad karma!

But out in femme I love to be femme! All decked out in a beautiful skirt suit with foundation and lipstick on. A guy gave me a real good look like he wanted to hit on me but I was dressed like an expensive St John lady. All I did was observe his reaction then he turned around to walk away with his friends. Maybe he thought I was "high maintenance!"

Well, there's bound to be some real funny "girlie men" on this forum! Mostly I imagine a "girlie man" as a guy who acts so much like a sissy when in drab. Well, how funny are you / what "girlie man" things do you do?

If someone called me a girlie man maybe I'd appreciate it! But they better be not from work!

Stephenie S
11-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Hmm, all man, huh? And wearing panties to work? Riiiiiiiiiiight.

KateSpade83
11-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Hmm, all man, huh? And wearing panties to work? Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Uhh... I gotta be a girlie man!

Erica Lauren James
11-10-2007, 11:34 PM
"Girlie Man" Well I don't know if I'd call it that but I do have my brows thinly shaped, color in the blonde hairs with brow pencil, curl my eyelashes. That's all for the face.

As for the rest of the body, hmmm. I usually wear slim or skinny jeans, jewelery on both wrists and hoops in the ears.

Well I guess that's it!!

Kiera

Karren H
11-10-2007, 11:37 PM
Funny there was a post over on makeuptalk "Are you a girly girl?" Guess "Girly" transends genders? hahaha and hell no!! I'm a guy.... :) And damn proud of it btw... lol

Susan.
11-10-2007, 11:41 PM
I'm not a girly man. I don't get into the part, so to speak, when I get dressed up. One reason is that my wife does not like that. Also, I always played sports including football. I am an ex-marine and achieved the rank of sergeant. Of course, those 4 years were the longest I ever went without dressing.

sissy_she_boy
11-10-2007, 11:44 PM
Hmmmmmmm, well I don't know if i am a girly man because I think that would mean that I am femme when I am in boy mode. I do wear panties and such under my male clothes sometimes, but I am not that femme in boy mode. That said, once I get all dolled up, I am a total gurly gurl. I just love being as feminine as possible in gurly mode. Dose that make me a girly man?

kisses
sissy dana

sissystephanie
11-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Like Karren, I am a man and proud of it. My sweet GGF is also happy that I am a man!:love: But, I also like to dress in feminine things! And i do wear panties almost all the time!:heehee: That is why I am called a crossdresser, and why I post on this Forum. If that makes me a "girly "man then so be it. I don't care what I am called, with certain exceptions. Life is too short to worry about things like that.

Sissy/Stephanie

More Girl then man sometimes

JoTheGeek
11-11-2007, 12:30 AM
I go back and forth between feminine and masculine behaviors as it fits the situation.

unclejoann
11-11-2007, 12:56 AM
Well, I have seen enough display of "men" and "women" today to make be glad that I don't identify with either one. If you want to call me "girlieman" that is fine with me, I prefer that to those choices ... or is it a choice? maybe I should ask a politician to clarify that for me.

I am pretty fed up with anyone who can't accept my bras panties earrings and painted toes.

Kate Simmons
11-11-2007, 01:13 AM
I dunno, I've always thought that was just Arnie's attempt at some humor much like the rest of his famous "one liners". I'm not sure what a "girlie man" is supposed to look or act like. I pretty much act the same in both modes, so no "girlie man" here, just a "Salandra":p. I have enough problems sometimes deciding what look to use, let alone how to "act". One thing you can count on with me though is:"I'll be back.":alien:;):battingeyelashes:

Rachel Morley
11-11-2007, 01:19 AM
Hi Kate,

My first thought is "is there anything wrong with being a sissy?". I say no, definitely not. I love being feminine so why wouldn't I want to feel this way when I can't be fully en femme? Ok, one has to be careful about it .... you don't want to be too "in your face" about it as this can lead to stares and whatnot. But me ... yeah, I am a total girlie man. I even actually own one of those t-shirts that says "Sacramento girly Men" on it. (and yes I do live in Sacramento) See below.

My boy mode is thinly plucked eyebrows, earrings, perfume, girl's t-shirts, girl's cardigans, and low rise boot cut women's jeans. Plus I wear women's white tennis shoes with pink accents and trim on them. I love being a feminine guy, both in clothes and attitude. That's not that there's anything wrong with what you or I do ...its just that we're different. :happy:

Samantha43
11-11-2007, 01:19 AM
I am all man. I do feel feminine when I dress, and try to act feminine. I must not do a very good job at it... My wife always laughs at me...

CDTiffany
11-11-2007, 01:34 AM
Funny there was a post over on makeuptalk "Are you a girly girl?" Guess "Girly" transends genders? hahaha and hell no!! I'm a guy.... :) And damn proud of it btw... lol

WHAT? WHY? WHERE IS THE FUN IN THAT?

When I am dressed. I am a girl all the way!!!!!
30 years of wishing I was a girl, Damn. Treat me like one!!!

I (we) Deserve it!!!

XOXO Tiffany Amber Rhoades

docrobbysherry
11-11-2007, 02:04 AM
The way I dress up, would u believe I'm a type A male? Yeah, well me neither! I Do know one reason why going out dressed, isn't high on my list. If someone made fun of me, I might be tempted to kick his ass! In a feminine way, of course!
RS

www.myspace.com/robertsherry

Suzie S.
11-11-2007, 06:15 AM
No girly man here. :thumbsup: I'm a man in every aspect.....burp, fart, cuss, sports, etc... Then again my wife does all that too! :tongueout I'm also a man that loves, respects and cherishes his wife, and knows how to make her feel like a woman. You would never suspect any feminine inclinations if you met me in drab. But, when dressed, a whole different story...:heehee: crazy, huh?

Lisa Golightly
11-11-2007, 06:20 AM
Arnold Schwarzeneggar... Neandertal man

Keely
11-11-2007, 06:35 AM
No, I don't think of myself as a girlie man. That said, I do wear panties most of the time, my nails are longer than most and toenails done. Oh and smooth legs and pits... umm maybe I better rethink that first statement.:tongueout

traceyanne
11-11-2007, 07:02 AM
never really thought of myself being that, but according to my wife who has called me that ( girly guy ) are her words, for about a year now. dont think it has anything to do with my plucked eyebrows, earrings, rings, makeup, perfume when dressed in drab, been called a lot worse in my time

Raychel
11-11-2007, 07:34 AM
No girlie man here either. Just an old feeling guy who likes to plat dressup sometimes.

Jillm
11-11-2007, 08:00 AM
I guess it depends on what a girlie man is. I do watch my figure, keep my brows trimmed and shaped and try to talk in a softer voice, so I guess you could say I am.

Girly Sara
11-11-2007, 08:06 AM
I'm definitely a girly man and proud of it when i can't be enfemme. Thin, shaped eyebrows, manicured fingers and toes, mascara and perfume. And not forgetting panties 24/7, girls' jeans and tops (although not too conspicuous)

I say be who you wanna be!

Sara xx

morgan51
11-11-2007, 08:24 AM
I am just me ,can't see taking out all earrings and removing acrylic nails each day so they stay on always. Eyeliner, lips and brows are tattoos, stays too. Shaved always everywhere. does any of that make me anything ? Not to my mind , it is just who I am. Morgan:happy:

SweetCaroline
11-11-2007, 09:43 AM
I prefer the term Pretty Boy, myself. LOL!

As a male I look very effeminate to begin with--thin body, long hair, usually clean shaven. I don't usually do much with my nails and tend to dress like a slob in tee-shirts and jeans. Almost no one I know thinks of me as "gay" or suspects I'm transgendered, yet at the same time, I bet most people I know wouldn't be surprised to find out I cross dress. As a male, I've also been known to be a little introverted, but very friendly, and most people I know, know that I am artist and poet on the side, so I tend to get away with some odd behavior or girly mannerisms. Personally, I tend to find anything masculine unattractive, so why would I act that way in my day to day life?

Ðarissa
11-11-2007, 10:09 AM
LOL SweetCaroline..... Pretty boy! ;)

I thought this was Girly Man..... so no I don't want to be called Girly man. LOL.

TtJRNyPK-lc

Glenda
11-11-2007, 10:45 AM
Manicured nails, clean shaven, jewelry, feminine attire, the way I cross my legs, always wear gloves when working on my vehicles (can't stand to get dirt and grime under my nails), my eyes......everyone who knows me can see the feminine attributes.

But who said being a sissy is a "girl" thing!? Women are strong, intelligent, talented and athletic. Some girls are sissies. Lots of guys are sissies. If you equate brute strength with might and right.......well, I don't. Not very many women, if any at all, can compete with men in the NFL. But hey, not very many men can compete with the men in the NFL. If you can't, are you a sissy? If we play a pickup game of football, I can compete with most.

Not many women can hit a golf ball 350 yards. I can't either. Does that mean that women can't compete with all of the other duffers on Saturday afternoon? Many can. A buddy of mine and I played golf with a couple of macho guys recently. They wondered why I had shaved legs, long nails and wore eye shadow and mascara. My buddy said, "Oh, he's a crossdresser." They wanted to play for money and we accepted. They hit it further but I ended up with the low score and the most money. After the game my buddy asked how they liked getting beat by a crossdresser.

Basketball...I'm pretty good. Tennis....I compete well. Bowling....192 average. My eight-ball league....I'm one of the top performers in the league. I show up every week in shorts and sandals with shaved legs and painted toe nails. Even the macho guys treat me with respect.

I'm just different. I don't try to hide who or what I am. I accept it and others accept it in me. I'm not afraid to let others judge me. I don't mind people making jokes. When new teams or members join the league they may question what the hell is wrong with me, but it doesn't take long before they show me the same respect I show them.

How many of you are afraid to show up at your favorite local bar en femme? You are? You are such a sissy! Are you afraid someone is going to ridicule you? You are such a girlie man.

kimmy p
11-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Girly man? I don't know. Not macho though. I hate the big macho jack*** type. I prefer to think that I have the right blend to be well rounded.

Kimmy P.

Mistybtm
11-11-2007, 05:12 PM
I am balanced out not hard but not to soft eather (I KNOW WHAT YOU ALL ARE THINKING LOL)

Lucy Bright
11-11-2007, 05:25 PM
I don't feel at all attracted by the idea of masculinity in its aggressive/competitive testosterone-fuelled guise. Beyond that, I try to give myself the best of both worlds, as far as I can: I see nothing particularly masculine about logic, or feminine about empathy, for example, nor do I see any real contradiction between them - so why should it be a choice?

As for appearance, for most of my life my drab clothes and general demeanour have always been exactly that - at least, until recently. Partly this was frustration and a kind of depression at not being able to present myself the way I really wanted. It wasn't a positive choice to appear male, just a kind of mulish refusal to play the game at all. But over the last few weeks and months I've decided that I need to snap out of that, and I'm trying to incorporate more feminine aspects into my appearance and mannerisms. And I joined this board, of course. So far, it feels a lot better!

Kisses,

Lucy

charlie
11-11-2007, 05:26 PM
Arnold Schwarzeneggar's "girlie man" term sound real funny, but do you think you're a "girlie man?" How girlie are you and what do you do?

Me, in male mode I'm all male and not the slightest female. Only thing I ever did was wear panties to work but now I'm scared of doing that because it's bad karma!

But out in femme I love to be femme! All decked out in a beautiful skirt suit with foundation and lipstick on. A guy gave me a real good look like he wanted to hit on me but I was dressed like an expensive St John lady. All I did was observe his reaction then he turned around to walk away with his friends. Maybe he thought I was "high maintenance!"

Well, there's bound to be some real funny "girlie men" on this forum! Mostly I imagine a "girlie man" as a guy who acts so much like a sissy when in drab. Well, how funny are you / what "girlie man" things do you do?

If someone called me a girlie man maybe I'd appreciate it! But they better be not from work!

I'm not a girly man either. When not dressed I am just as I always was. No panties, nylons under the clothes ...etc. No dressed, then I feel different and am certainly a girly man!

charllote34
11-11-2007, 05:26 PM
Dont class myself as girly ,, but dont class my self as manly either enjoy the midddle bit!!

Michelle04240
11-11-2007, 05:34 PM
I would say yes and no.

I have a clean shaven body, nails are buffed or clear coated most of the time, pluck my eyebrows, I use female soap, shaving gel, body spray, deodorant, and pretty smelling bath beads. I wear womens shirts as often as possible, panties always, and sleep in something satin every night. I read womens magazines and love to shop.

Most casual observers would probably not take a second look but I do have a fem side for sure. Of course I am all man at times as well, like when I'm watching the Patriots pound yet another opponent!!

Sharon
11-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Heck -- if anything, I'm a manly girl.:happy:

Wendy me
11-11-2007, 06:51 PM
i can blend in quite well all around i do work for the Union hang out with red necks my fem side is always with me it brings both sides of me to a better person letting what ever side needs step in for what is going on .....

Ruth
11-12-2007, 05:05 PM
I rejected all kinds of very masculine behaviour for years because I knew it just wasn't me, but at the same time I was scared to act or display any kind of feminine characteristic, so I would have been a sort of nothing man, rather than a girlie man. But I think I'm becoming much more of a girly man nowadays.
And when I'm dressed, my wife says I'm much more of a girlie woman than she is.
So look out world.

BarbaraTalbot
11-12-2007, 06:34 PM
and am becoming one again.

I really didn't consider myself a girly man, but was painfully aware that others did. I ran long distance and had probably less than 4% body fat. I had to tread water pretty vigorously to stay afloat in a pool.

As I aged, balded, grayed, and enlarged, (I thought I bulked up turns out it was 35 lbs of fat), people quit treating me like a girly man. People quit assuming I couldn't do things because of my size. (I could curl 75 lbs when I weighed barely over 90 lbs)

Now leaner again, to fit into the juniors sizes I smile at others reactions to the old me again. My son made the comment that I was looking scrawny. I was helping move some solid Oak pews the other night, the other guys were careful not to be critical, (really good bunch of guys) but they were waiting to grab it when I wavered..(and I did a bit, harder to keep a couple of hundred pounds from swaying when you don't weight a couple of hundred.

Now dressing, I for the first time in my life view my slim frame as a blessing.

Nicole Erin
11-12-2007, 06:50 PM
I would say yes and no.

I have a clean shaven body, nails are buffed or clear coated most of the time, pluck my eyebrows, I use female soap, shaving gel, body spray, deodorant, and pretty smelling bath beads. I wear womens shirts as often as possible, panties always, and sleep in something satin every night. I read womens magazines and love to shop.

Most casual observers would probably not take a second look but I do have a fem side for sure. Of course I am all man at times as well, like when I'm watching the Patriots pound yet another opponent!!

Yeah, the last victim was the Colts, damnit! ahh don't get me going on Peyton that game.... he did dance really pretty trying to figure out where to throw the ball.

Anyways, that about describes me.
I do get noticed for my looks, maybe I am just thinking everyone notices my sexy legs and all.

I guess I am girly. BUT - I act like a semi-normal guy.

SandyR
11-12-2007, 06:51 PM
All man here! Except maybe for the shaved legs, but other then.....well there is the laser hair removal on my chest and back.......ummm yeah all guy here and proud of it!

SandyR

carhill2mn
11-12-2007, 07:39 PM
I am not sure what Arnold meant by the term "girlie man" but, I would think that he was referring to the stereotypical "siisie". I don't consider myself a "girlie man" but, I do keep my eyebrows plucked, no hair on backs of fingers/hands, and I wear gel nails that are buffed and longer than most men.

shauna 9
11-12-2007, 08:02 PM
No girlie man

suchacutie
11-13-2007, 12:03 AM
As I've said in a few posts recently, I don't like mixing genders. When I'm in male mode, it's really Male Mode! But, Tina has no interest in being anything but feminine!

Tina

Kelsy
11-13-2007, 07:01 AM
It seems to me that if you are male and you like dressing in female things -polished nails - make up then from the manly man's point of view you are a girly man and girly man would be the kindest description. I have never fit well in a man's world and have always felt comfortable with women. I am proudly a girly man - so be it!:happy:

Kelsy

Littlej10
11-13-2007, 11:19 AM
It takes a real man to have long nails, plucked eyebrows and shaved legs,pits etc. I also had long hair until it started to fall out. Dress is usually tight jeans and sweaters/T-shirts. Also very trendy in my lycra cycling gear - any comments and I pound them into the tarmac.

rickie121x
11-13-2007, 12:35 PM
It takes a real man to have long nails, plucked eyebrows and shaved legs,pits etc. ..... Also very trendy in my lycra cycling gear - any comments and I pound them into the tarmac. Excellent message! I like your point of view and wish that I might believe it for myself. At my age, and with my basic supply of courage and physical strength - it just would not be very rational.

Oh yes, and Kelsy, you have a beautiful profile picture!

Rickie

Deborah Jane
11-13-2007, 12:41 PM
Manly man= sometimes/Girly gurl= sometimes/Just me= mostly!!!:happy:

desireehelene
11-13-2007, 12:55 PM
I'm not much of a macho man.
I'm nurturing and non-competitive.

But being who I am works pretty well.

AmandaM
11-13-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm a girly man, but I'm good at acting different. Some gays I know say I have some "gay" traits. Guess I'm not that good at hiding it.

Jilmac
11-13-2007, 02:14 PM
my ex refered to me as a girly man, and my second wife, even though she knew, was never supportive, although she never called me anything derogatory. when i'm in drab i'm all male,but when i'm dressed i'm as feminine as i feel. although i have never been passable, i see myself as a girl whenever i'm dressed. as far as calling myself a girly girl i still think about the context my ex refered to and fell very uncomfortable using the term.

Jill

Michelle 2721
12-11-2007, 01:03 PM
not certain where to post this but I am a man that likes to crossdress and seek put gay men for dating relationship intimacy sex and whatever
I like there are any other men that are like me I find a few on crossdressing groups but a dedicated gay crossdressing forum is what I realy need to where we are free to discuss our e and share them and learn how others have handled them does any such group or forum exist o sharer gay cd's to share without discrimination or being judged
don't get me wrong I drees this way first for myself anything else is just a bonus

SiobhanW
12-11-2007, 01:10 PM
I aspire to be a girly man. I don't like me the other way - I'm more agressive than I need to be, louder than I need to be, more obnoxious than I need to be. I'm not any of those things when I'm feeling girly. When girly I'm in touch with my feelings, and more compassionate, quieter and more introspective. If I can somehow find a balance between the two while in drab, I might just become a better person to be around.

Alex!
12-11-2007, 01:51 PM
When in guy mode I am very much masculine, though I don't work hard at it (those that do I suppose are in denial about something). When en femme I like to be as feminine as possible, because I don't want to look like a brute in a frock. When that starts being the case, I will give up crossdressing, to be sure :D

Essentially, Andrea is nothing more than a character and I am an actor (sort of). If I can't play the role well, I'll stop doing it.

Jazzmine
12-11-2007, 06:22 PM
I'm too active in sports to be girlie, but I always carry something femme with me in races as a wee personal girlie joke on the competition as I pass them on the run home in triathlons or on steep uphills in cycling. :D

To be "girlie" in male mode I would need to manufacture it and it just does not seem to sit right with me. Having said that, the older I get the more gender neutral I have become. I just "do" and "live" naturally. Sometimes I stand tall, spread my shoulders and cross my arms to look male imposing , and other times I sit cross-legged like a female. Both feel comfortable for the occasion.

The difference between males and females in the middle of the mannerisms spectrum is slight if not insignificant. It's what's going on inside your head that is most telling ....and amusing....I think.

:hugs:Jazzmine

EDNA
12-11-2007, 06:45 PM
A girlie man. Is any man that wears female clothes. In which I am proud of doing.

Also I always wear panties. No matter when I am CD or not. Panties are more comfortable.

Michelle 2721
12-11-2007, 08:11 PM
what I said previously I am a woman 24/7 regardless of my actual sex is I am not acting even when doing things usually reserved for men such as sports and carpentry and the like It is my attitude that really counts and some arbitrary stereotype I am a woman whether fully fu;;y dressed or in a carpenters jeans and lugging around a tool belt It is how others perceive me as I'm interested in relationships with other men as to other things I prefer the freindship of women as one of the Girls
this is boy an act or playing a part for me I never put Michelle away and on;y be her occasionally my former male self is dead and buried along with his name and hes been gone for years

charlie
12-11-2007, 08:30 PM
I don't think I am a girly man when I'm not dressed. Those thoughts creep in though like seeing how girls do their makeup, watching a lady walk by and not studying her figure, but studying her shoes, thinking about how I am walking..fem or not, crossing my legs and how I am doing it now...

Kieroney
12-11-2007, 09:07 PM
I would say like, baby doll girlman, when all lingeried up. In my male cloths I'm a guy. Seems I can seperate the two well. I always where bigger cloths to hide the girly when in man mode.

RobertaFermina
12-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Usually not, Hun, except for plucked brows, extended fingernails with cappuchino polish, and some physical and verbal gestures that seem to be ingraining themselves <crossing my legs>.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

chrissietoo
12-11-2007, 09:38 PM
count me in as a 'girly man'. of course my beloved governor meant it as a term of weakness...i think it's a matter of strength. i think men who express femininity are truly stronger and less afraid than the cowboys who call them girly. :tongueout

Michelle 2721
12-11-2007, 09:59 PM
thats where we differ every fibre in me spells I AM Woman just I can't afford the expense to change my gentiles to female I have no guy mode to go retreat to as he never existed in me ever so can't even grasp what it means to be male I think act and feel female every waking moment I can dress in male clothes but that doesn't mske one sex is to just a label used to cobfine me to a specific group of people who I have the misfortune of having their genitalia and chartericss

jennifer41356
12-11-2007, 10:43 PM
sure why not, all my clothes are womens and I feel more fem than male, so girly man it is:drink:

paulap
12-11-2007, 11:13 PM
I aspire to be a girly man. I don't like me the other way - I'm more agressive than I need to be, louder than I need to be, more obnoxious than I need to be. I'm not any of those things when I'm feeling girly. When girly I'm in touch with my feelings, and more compassionate, quieter and more introspective. If I can somehow find a balance between the two while in drab, I might just become a better person to be around.

This is exactly why I love this dual lifestyle. I do not necessarily desire to be girlie forever, however, I love the transformation and vulnerability and emotional consciousness!