PDA

View Full Version : College Rings

wannabie
11-10-2007, 11:15 PM
I recently took a trip back to my old college looking into their graduation programs. It kind of bought back some memories of when I used to go there and one of the things I saw was that they were selling college rings.

I never was interested in rings before when I graduated, but I saw a beautiful ring that I would love to have. I asked the woman that was selling them and she said to bring my daughter by for a fitting. UGH!!, I Wanted so much to tell her that it was for me. I mean why can't I have a pretty ring? and besides its my college. I should be able to show my pride anyway I want to.

so I guess I'm asking if any one here ever wear (full time) womens rings or have bought the girls college ring when you were graduating either HS or College? or maybe the FTM have bought the Male version of the ring for themselves?

I think on monday I might take some time to look again and tell her it's for me :)

Kieron Andrew
11-10-2007, 11:17 PM
which college was it? if you know your ring size there maybe a way to get it online?...:)

wannabie
11-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Hunter college on 68th street.

lynnrichards
11-10-2007, 11:19 PM
There is no need to declare yourself as a crossdresser. Just go to any jewler and have your ring finger measured. Then order the ring in that size.

Kieron Andrew
11-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Hunter college on 68th street.

http://www.herffjones.com/college/rings/ here you go....the college is in the list, dont know if this is what you are looking for but they have male and female, expensive though...might find cheaper will keep looking, this would save you buying in person

wannabie
11-10-2007, 11:23 PM
There is no need to declare yourself as a crossdresser. Just go to any jewler and have your ring finger measured. Then order the ring in that size.

Unfortunately I don’t have small hands. I wear size 10 ½

wannabie
11-10-2007, 11:28 PM
http://www.herffjones.com/college/rings/ here you go....the college is in the list, dont know if this is what you are looking for but they have male and female, expensive though...might find cheaper will keep looking, this would save you buying in person

Ouch!! really expensive. I didn't see the ring I saw the other day. it was more fashionable than traditional.

AllieSF
11-10-2007, 11:35 PM
I wouldn't worry about wearing a women's college ring. I used to wear my high school ring, which when compared to college rings was even smaller than the women's college rings. If you need to explain to someone tell them that you aren't into big bulky rings that get in the way of everything. Who cares anyway, if you don't plan on seeing this particular lady again? Good luck and go for it. School spirit is great.

Karren H
11-10-2007, 11:40 PM
I wouldn't worry about wearing a women's college ring. I used to wear my high school ring, which when compared to college rings was even smaller than the women's college rings. If you need to explain to someone tell them that you aren't into big bulky rings that get in the way of everything. Who cares anyway, if you don't plan on seeing this particular lady again? Good luck and go for it. School spirit is great.

Yeah... We got the spirit huh Ali?? :D I love my college man's ring!!! And would never change it!! Got he centenial one 1886-1986 though I graduated in 1976.... lost my first one at the mine.... Now ya want to see a big ass college ring VA Tech..... Hugh!!!!!

Karren