PDA

View Full Version : Transmen vs F2M cross dressers F2M ONLY PLEASE

Kris
11-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Female to Male Members only please.

Hi guys,

I have an interesting bunch of homework to do, not for anyone but my own information ... I want to know if there are any F2M cross dressers or are all of you born in the wrong body?

I am learning this poll stuff so please be patient with me.

:hugs: and :love:'s,
Kris

Tobie
11-11-2007, 10:03 PM
I'm somewhere in between, a label would be bigender.

Female body, female 80% of the time. Melissa.
Male spirit, male 15% of the time. Tiergan.
Androgynous, 5% of the time. Very Confused.

I tend to express my male self through crossdressing, or adopting an androgynous look.

ZenFrost
11-11-2007, 10:05 PM
There are FtM CDers, and some of us on this site are. I personally am not one. I was born in the wrong body. However, none of us are exactly one thing or another, we're caught in the middle somewhere, some more than others.

Kris
11-11-2007, 10:10 PM
There are FtM CDers, and some of us on this site are. I personally am not one. I was born in the wrong body. However, none of us are exactly one thing or another, we're caught in the middle somewhere, some more than others.

I understand what you are saying..... what I am trying to do is find out how many F2M cross dressers are on the site..

The F2M are mostly cross dressers, some transgender, but I would say the majority are cd'ers.

I would say the majority of men in here are transgendered.. but I want to know for sure before I spout of something that I haven't made sure I am correct.

Does that make sense?

:hugs: Kris

Cai
11-11-2007, 10:12 PM
I consider myself to be FtM transsexual, but I do know that FtM crossdressers exist (as Zen said).

However, they are much more rare, I believe, than MtF crossdressers, just because you have to try so hard to be considered a crossdresser in the FtM area. One of my judges at a speech competition this weekend was wearing a checkered coat, what looked like men's pants, and a very short haircut. But she was also carrying a purse and wearing feminine earrings. No one would have considered her a crossdresser.

ZenFrost
11-11-2007, 10:25 PM
The F2M are mostly cross dressers, some transgender, but I would say the majority are cd'ers.

You mean MtF. :winkp: We're basically the opposite, most are TG while fewer are CD.

I would say the majority of men in here are transgendered.. but I want to know for sure before I spout of something that I haven't made sure I am correct.

I think that's a pretty accurate assessment. :smilep:

SirTrey
11-11-2007, 10:30 PM
Definitely transgendered here, guy in a biologically incorrect body....I do agree with you and Zen that most of the FtM's here are trans....though to varying degrees and they express it in different ways....often to meet the demands of thier lives and family situations, etc.

Kieron Andrew
11-12-2007, 02:53 AM
I understand what you are saying..... what I am trying to do is find out how many F2M cross dressers are on the site..

Trouble is with that we have over 50 boys now and not all post anymore so you are not going to a true representation to your questions, i know of two that dont post that would consider themselves CD'ers, but you can safely say the majority are trans

I myself am TS, i am a man

DanielMacBride
11-12-2007, 03:25 AM
Definitely male here with the wrong factory-issued package.... ;)

Daniel

Adam
11-12-2007, 06:49 AM
i am male 100% my body just lies

xTwo_Of_Heartsx
11-12-2007, 06:54 AM
Me too, Adam. Me too.

But I know quite a few girls who dress in male drag quite often..
some of them even identify as genderqueer, or bi-gender.

BadassBabyBrother
11-12-2007, 06:58 AM
I dunno if you really want my answer since I'm more of a lurker than a poster in here, but I thought I'd give my couple o' cents...

Male.

Simple as that.

Just going as a crossdresser for the time being from necessity. Perhaps someday in the future.... (Oh, the beautiful dreams....)

Kieron Andrew
11-12-2007, 07:29 AM
I dunno if you really want my answer since I'm more of a lurker than a poster in here, but I thought I'd give my couple o' cents...

Male.

Simple as that.

Just going as a crossdresser for the time being from necessity. Perhaps someday in the future.... (Oh, the beautiful dreams....)

yay! another lurker out from the shadows, yup we definitely want your input :D (go do an intro dude :D)

wanttobejoe
11-12-2007, 09:24 AM
Somewhere in the middle here. I think I would prefer to call it intergender, since bi-gender doesn't sound right to me (to me that conjures up images of someone who switches between male and female mode, while I have only one mode that's neither male nor female).

When I was about twenty years old, I briefly entertained the thought I might be a transsexual, but the more documentaries I saw about the subject the clearer it became to me that I'm not. While there are some things I would like to have been different on my body (much smaller boobs for one) I'm not fundamentally unhappy with it. It's more the gender roles society assigns/expects where I feel out of place.

As far as crossdressing, I wear male/gender neutral clothes all the time, but don't consider this crossdressing, since I'm not trying to pass as a male. However, I sometimes DO crossdress in private and I do try to look as male as possible then. Strangely enough this happens mostly during my period (compensation for feeling too female ???).

CaptLex
11-12-2007, 04:10 PM
I want to know if there are any F2M cross dressers or are all of you born in the wrong body?
If I get it right, do I win a prize? :happy:

I think there are many, many stops along the way between FtM CD and FtM TS and any of us can found anywhere in between - and even those are not fixed marks and can fluctuate. I guess the answer to your question depends on how a person self-identifies. In other words, a transmasculine guy who doesn't feel totally male or female may consider himself a crossdresser and another one who also feels between genders may not. So some that don't consider themselves TS may not consider themselves CD either. I hope that's not as confusing as it sounds. :idontknow:

Personally, I don't identify as 100% male, but I am mostly male (like 90%, I would say), and my clothes are mostly male, but I will occasionally wear an article of clothing (or two) that I didn't purchase in the mens' department (like an androgynous-looking pair of shoes or shirt). But I don't consider them women's clothes either 'cause you wouldn't know where I got 'em unless I told you. But I don't consider myself a crossdresser when I wear these, even if they're technically "women's" clothes 'cause I don't present as female with them. They're just stuff I like and stuff that represents my personality well (as a slightly-femmy, slightly-flamboyant guy). ;)

Did I win? :raisedeyebrow: :D

Kris
11-13-2007, 01:22 AM
If I get it right, do I win a prize? :happy:

Did I win? :raisedeyebrow: :D

Well, yes and no. LMAO..

I am asking because I know a transgendered woman who is feeling really left out and I am trying to figure out how this all works. She resents being called a M2F.. because she isn't male.. but she isn't a GG... so she doesn't feel like she fits in anyplace on the site and is ready to give up coming here.

I wanted to figure out how many F2M cross dressers here, as opposed to transgendered men...

So, I haven't gotten enough answers to know if I can feel as if I can honestly feel that I have my homework done, so you don't win but you do win because you basically said you are transgendered and not a cd'er. I am getting the idea though that this is mostly a transgender issue for males, and a cross dressing issue for the ladies.

So.. I can kinda understand how my T-girl friend feels. I am trying to figure out a way in my own head .. how to make this feel like she isn't being discriminated against... do you understand what I mean? Maybe we need a separate forum category for T-girls who aren't M2F's?? Or maybe add T-girls to FAB? But it says at "birth" so I am not sure that will work either... I dunno. Still thinking things through. But if anyone else can be tempted into posting, please please do so, as I want all the information that I can get on this.

:hugs: and :love:'s for all your help,
Kris

Kieron Andrew
11-13-2007, 04:07 AM
I haven't gotten enough answers to know if I can feel as if I can honestly feel that I have my homework done
like i said in an earlier post you wont get a true representation of us because not all the boys post here, but most that do are TS

Maybe we need a separate forum category for T-girls who aren't M2F's??

but she IS a MtF, she was born male bodied but is female....But isnt is a CD'er...one thing Kris im failing to see how we are linked to that, as she is MtF and we are FtM, forgive me

Ryan
11-13-2007, 09:29 AM
TS here too!

CaptLex
11-13-2007, 10:52 AM
She resents being called a M2F.. because she isn't male.. but she isn't a GG... so she doesn't feel like she fits in anyplace on the site and is ready to give up coming here.

I wanted to figure out how many F2M cross dressers here, as opposed to transgendered men...

Maybe I need more coffee, but I don't see how finding out how many FtM CDs are here will help your friend figure out what she is. :confused:

I am getting the idea though that this is mostly a transgender issue for males, and a cross dressing issue for the ladies.
I think there are more MtF CDs here than FtM CDs because the MtF CDs need more of a support system than the FtM CDs generally do - FtM CDs don't have to hide in the closet as much, and FtM TSs do need a lot of support in our world. But we have MtF TSs here also - you've been to the TS section, right?

So.. I can kinda understand how my T-girl friend feels. I am trying to figure out a way in my own head .. how to make this feel like she isn't being discriminated against... do you understand what I mean?
Not sure . . . discriminated against by whom? Transpeople? Society? Crossdressers? GGs? FtMs?

Maybe we need a separate forum category for T-girls who aren't M2F's??
I'm not sure what category that is, really . . . :idontknow:

Kris, far be it from me to tell anyone who they are and how they should feel, but I feel the same way as Kieron mentioned. I'm FtM not because I'm female, but because I'm female-bodied. I was born with female bits, and nothing can change the past - I can only move into the future and change as much as I can there. This is why I still wear some items of clothing from the women's department - 'cause they fit this body better than some stuff from the men's stores, not because I want to wear women's clothes. Savvy?

We work with what we've got and make the best of it. I may have female anatomy (with a few modifications now, thank you very much), but I'm not a woman. I am, however, female-to-male, which is not the same thing. Why does your friend not feel MtF? Not judging, just wondering.

Felix
11-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Well this is how I feel about myself....spiritually I feel I am a woman mentally I think I have a strong male side. I dress very masculinely I bind and pack as I feel this reflects and is part of my masculinities. I won't label myself except to say this is how I portray how I feel about myself xx Felix :hugs::hugs:

bi_weird
11-15-2007, 12:55 AM
Hah maybe I should try on the lable of "Crossdresser" for a while...see how it fits. I seem to have moved through most of the others.
Anyway I tend to just identify as transgender. Somewhere in the middle, mostly confused, but for the most part I don't care anymore. There's a definite pressure, though, within me, to not present as female all the time, even though everyone knows me as a girl.

Leo Lane
11-15-2007, 11:15 PM
Mainly, I'm a guy in a female body, albeit definitely not a macho or even a really masculine one. I have my feminine characteristics and moments, though, and although I'd rather have been born male, I am not unhappy enough with my female body to want hormones or surgery. Dressing and acting like the guy I mostly am is enough for me.

Wren
11-24-2007, 12:53 AM
In the simplest of definitions, i'm a FTM crossdresser. But it's always so much more than that.