PDA

View Full Version : Excited!

Lizzie Kay
11-12-2007, 05:13 PM
I am just totally amazed and somewhat floored by the wealth of information I have found here in this forum. I'd like to thank you all for your comments, links, and suggestions to other "gurls".

It has been a very long time since I've dressed. During the course of six or so years-this was about 13 years ago, the only times "out" were in a car at night, a couple of times to shopping malls-had a security guard follow me out of one, LOL, and one to a delightful support group, in which I recieved the honor of getting the evening's makeover by professional ladies... I have to admit they did a wonderful job, albeit I could still see the five o'clock underneath their work. That was frustrating. I didn't feel passable. I wanted to be passable!!!

With a new family, two children, 14 months apart, I decided it was best not to dress. Also, I was very dissapointed in my abilities and talents with makeup. With the techniques available to learn at that time, and dressing secretly, I decided it just wasn't worth the effort, expense, or time anymore.

Since then, I have recently separated. The kids are high school age. AND - I live in a one bedroom apartment. I could theoretically go dressed much of the week, if I care too.

I often find myself imagining what it would be like, just to live for a few days "en femme".

The exciting part is, that I went to club, in drab, that has nightly shows, I enjoyed the show, there were two "gals", dressed to the nine's but not in the show-they could have been, but more importantly, The people were nice,and I felt comfortable there.

Last Friday evening I went to two stores in "drab" and shopped for intimates, tops, and jeans. I didn't buy anything, but I did carry around some items for awhile. I noticed I wasn't nearly as uptight about doing that kind of shopping as I had been before. I also found that I was no longer scared to shop for clothing, or think that others might be watching.
Everyone was doing their own shopping.

I have lots a questions, particularly to makeup, and "hip-fannie" pads. Especially since I will be a 50's something "gal" instead of a 30's something "gal".

I'd love to be able to buy most of the right "stuff" without getting hooked to much.

I'd appreciate any comments any of you might care to add to this thread!

Kisses

Liz

Nicole Erin
11-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Well it is a good time to get back into what you enjoy.
Watch out though, all the pretty femme clothing can get addictive.

And even after having a lot, you might be like me - looking in the closet and saying "I have nothing to wear!" :heehee:

sissystephanie
11-12-2007, 10:09 PM
Lizzie,

Welcome back to the world of crossdressing and a warm welcome to this Forum. It is an amazing place, where you get all kinds of information and help.

I am a senior age CD, and have been a CD since a very young age. My late wife knew before we were married and was an active supporter all during our marriage. As a widower, with two grown children, I live alone in a house and do spend a great deal of time as Stephanie. Without my wife to fix my wig and makeup, I do not try to pass. However, I do go frequently totally dressed as a female man. In other words, I look like a man but my clothes and shoes are those of a female. I go to the Mall, grocery store, and out to eat that way. Yes, I do get some "looks," but I don't care!

When you go shopping, don't worry about people seeing what you are buying! They don't know who it is for, nor do they care. I have, on occasion, told the clerk an item was for me. The usual response is, "it will look good on you!" They just want your money!

Enjoy your life, and being a CD again.

Sissy/Stephanie

More Girl than man sometimes

docrobbysherry
11-13-2007, 11:52 AM
I started dressing at about your age. I used to go to Goodwill once a week. I have room fulls of ladies things now, so don't go as often. Thank God they stopped $1 For Any item Fridays! I can get real quality clothes without trying them on there. The cost is so little, if I don't like an item, I just give it back to them next trip. Even tho they have an "exchange policy". I buy a lot of things mail order, too. Just watch out for the Pink Fog, or you'll end up like me!
RS

www.myspace.com/robertsherry

Eileen
11-13-2007, 12:03 PM
What a great oportunity to exlpore your inner most feelings. They can be very strong and often get stronger as we age. Hope you enjoy your journey and your stay here at the forum.

Eileen

Ðarissa
11-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Interesting post. :D Welcome back to Cding. I'm still figuring things out myself and this is a great place to learn.

desireehelene
11-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Hi Liz,

Welcome back to the sisterhood!

A few suggestions:
-Dress your age with dignity and style.
-Get a professional makeover. Then practice your make up application.
-Have courage as you shop.
-Find a support group and make connections.
-If you're single, tell any potential S.O. early in the relationship.

And HAVE FUN!

Hugs,
Desiree'

Angie G
11-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Welcome back to dressing Lizzie enjoy hun :hugs:
Angie

Carla4Guage
11-13-2007, 01:11 PM
Welcome back!

Desiree has some great tips. Thrift / second hand stores etc are fab for finding things. I purchased a nice brand new two pieced suit for $7.50 (the store labels that were still attached had the retail price of $115.00) and I have found that no one seems to notice me in drab in the middle of the womens section. Pace yourself and if you have questions or problems call out there are hundreds here that have either solved the problem or know the answer.

Best wishes &

Lizzie Kay
11-13-2007, 03:25 PM
Thank you all so much for your welcome, your support, and all the great tips!
You are all so very kind, and I look forward to being part of this group!

Hugs

Liz

Kristen Marie
11-13-2007, 04:10 PM
First of all, congratulations on getting out and shopping!!! I do it once a week and many times don't buy things unless I really want them. It's fun to check things out, poke in the racks, look at the items on display, and even ask some questions.

Don't worry about all the padding stuff yet. Find some nice items you feel comfortable wearing around your own place. Maybe a nice pair of slides and some girlie jeans and a top. Then pick up a nice wig. Experiment with make-up. Most of us have terrible first pictures (at least I do) but over time, it gets so much better and easier.

This is a journey and should be a fun one!!!

Charleen
11-13-2007, 04:24 PM
Shopping? did somebody say shopping?
Welcome Lizzie. Enjoy!
Went shopping yesterday. new earrings, long jeans so I can wear my boots with 3 inch heels, an epilator, well you get the idea.
I also live by myself and it's great! I'm to the point that when I have to wear drab at work, that's CDing to me. Thouigh I did get away wear all fem the other day and got away with it. Blouse, vest, and slacks.
Shopping!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!