PDA

View Full Version : Are You Transitioning?

Cara Allen
11-12-2007, 08:58 PM
I am wondering how many, in our community consider themselves transitioning? In other words, are you a transitioning MtoF or FtoM? I count those who are taking hormones (on or off script,) or if you are living full time without hormones, or if you are establishing yourself to do that, right now?

Another words, if you plan to evolve your life to live as that of the other gender, and are trying to set things up to do that now?

Just curious about how many of us are?

Mariah
11-12-2007, 09:22 PM
yes, I am starting right now through the doc's and all.

hopes
keris

Veryvicky
11-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Iam into my 3rd month with hormones, getting the last of my hair removal within the next two months, growing my head hair longer and longer. Long term goals are to at least live and work fulltime, get FFS, finish training my voice, would love to have a breast enlargement once the hormones have done all that they can do. Well who knows what happens in the future.:heehee:

Teresa Amina
11-13-2007, 02:43 AM
On the way, started with Lasering the beard and have been on Spiro since June and the Patch since August

christine722
11-13-2007, 10:12 AM
Started to transition and am on mones.

Stephenie S
11-13-2007, 10:14 AM
Yes I am.

Sharon
11-13-2007, 12:47 PM
I've been living full time since Oct. 1, 2006, and have been on HT since the first of this year. The name will legally be changed by the end of the year(have just filed the petition to the court). :happy:

Kieron Andrew
11-13-2007, 12:49 PM
been living fulltime no hormones for 2 yrs or more now....do intend to take hormones and have surgery when the time is right for me

MJ
11-13-2007, 01:28 PM
been living fulltime with hormones for almost 3 years now .. surgery is but a dream ..

Lisa Golightly
11-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Ft + Hrt = Lg

CaptLex
11-13-2007, 02:54 PM
Been full time and in therapy for almost 2 years.
On hormones for a year and a half.
Out at work and to friends for over a year.
Surgery will happen as soon as I knock over a bank. :sad:

Maggie Kay
11-13-2007, 03:16 PM
I have been sort of on an unconventional transition for seven years. I started on DIY hormones way back then and have increased the dose and formula to now be on Spiro and Estrogel. I am seeing a therapist now weekly and while I can't say that I PLAN to transition, I am sure that it will happen. Someone asked me in another thread if I "wanted" to be a woman. I found this interesting because for me it is more like adapting to the reality that I AM a woman. This concept puts transition in a much different framework. If I don't transition, I'll go insane, of this I am sure. However, when it is all said and done, I can't imagine my new life. I'm too old to start over. As a result, I can't really picture the new life of being fully female.

AmberTG
11-13-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm in the beginning of my transition. I've been on spiro for almost a year, and on estrogen about 9 months. I've been having electrolysis for about a year and a half, about 2 hours per month, 40 hours so far.
I started my HRT myself, but am now going through the V.A.medical system for care and prescriptions.

janelle
11-13-2007, 08:32 PM
Full time, taking T blockers & working on the rest.
Janelle

Cara Allen
11-13-2007, 08:48 PM
Surgery will happen as soon as I knock over a bank. :sad:

(smiles) Spoken like a true FtoM!

ToyGirl
11-13-2007, 10:40 PM
started 5 years ago here, though it's been a slow journey for me, Still saving for Op and hoping to squeeze alittle bit more effect out of the hormones. But close enough to finished too be enjoying life.

GypsyKaren
11-13-2007, 10:51 PM
I was full time for a year and a half and on hormones for 10 months before my SRS.

Karen Starlene

Cara Allen
11-14-2007, 08:44 AM
I was full time for a year and a half and on hormones for 10 months before my SRS.

Karen Starlene

Karen???

Are you back? How are you????

melissaK
11-14-2007, 10:38 AM
Hey Karen! We need an update . . . please? :happy:

Oh, and on the thread topic, no, not transitioning in the traditional sense. I remain the boulder in the stream bed of the river that is my life, generating my own white water.

hugs,
'lissa

geri
11-14-2007, 10:41 AM
karen,
if you're back, let us know. we are sooooooooo much interested on how things went, how's the new look, and would you do it again??????????????

hugs,
geri

surabhi singh
11-17-2007, 03:51 PM
I'll doing very soon

helenr
11-18-2007, 12:18 AM
I so admire the courage of those in this special group who are pursuing SRS. I have found that the Spiro regimen has so 'pacified' my transgenderism which may have been overpowering transvestism that morphed into transgender thinking. I am not sure I can explain this any clearer-as I don't fully understand the mental effects that have paralled the lost of libido. I have had to make a choice of staying married or going it alone and clearly I don't have that great a desire for SRS to be willing to lose my wife. Even though our marriage is clearly without sex, we have a pfetty solid marriage, I think. I do feel guilty that my own brand of transgenderism has been hard on my wife as nearly all women expect and want a true man for a husband. It ain't easy being green. helen

Jena11
11-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Well, I started quite some time ago with Laser for Bear removal, Hoping with the new place a few more treatments that It will all be gone. Too many white hais left. I also, have 4 more treatments on my full legs, I just started seeing the Gender Therepist and going to see the Dr. about hormones for next year. I am taking it slow but have made giant steps in the last few months. I am working very hard for the next promotion at work and once that happens I will feel better that I can move forward. I have been setting small short term goals so that I can meet them or come close. I am hoping to at least be part time in the next 6 months, Which to me means every weekend or non work day, I live my life as a woman.

joanne2b
11-22-2007, 06:23 AM
57 to-day and starting my new life, been self administering hormone for twelve months (having read extensively beforehand) and now have a full 'a' cup bust now intending to visit my Dr as Joanne with evidence of my intention to transition fully by my 59th birthday. Feeling really good about myself and so at ease after 50yrs of torment. If family fail to come to terms with my decision then so be it, have tried to please everyone all of my life, now it's my time and how I am looking foreward to the rest of my life as a woman
:hugs:

Lanore
11-22-2007, 08:47 PM
I started my transistion some time ago and take it one day at a time. It's who I am.

Lanore

Cara Allen
11-24-2007, 12:25 PM
I really appreciate everyone who has responded to this thread. It does my esteem so much good to know that I am not alone!

As for my progress, I am just at the beginning. I had my first gender therapy meeting, last Wednesday, and it went well! Now I do 2-5 more, and then my case goes up for review before a board. Wish me luck?

Thanks, Sweeties!