PDA

View Full Version : My first time "out" out!!!

Rachel Ann
04-04-2005, 03:55 PM
I am exhilarated but exhausted after last night (Sunday).

I’ve been going to a TGirl club, “I Love It [Girl]” in Fremont, California for about six months now, and it’s been heaven. We change there, we are completely safe, and I have learned a lot.

I didn’t think I was ready, but at the last minute the club was short a backup singer for their act at a fund-raiser, so I was dragooned because I was handy. I might have begged off but I felt that if they thought I was ready, I must at least take the chance.

Luckily, I am comfortable onstage – but I was as jumpy as a hen driving there and getting from the car to the [GLBT] event! A lot of us have started carrying laminated ID cards with a boy pic on one side and a girl pic on the other, just in case you get pulled over and the cop has a problem with the fact that you don’t look like the picture on your drivers’ license. They all know that crossdressing isn’t illegal – just don’t drive drunk!

Once we got inside, a TGirl (whom I had never met) saw how nervous and shy I was, and took me under her wing to put me at ease! Most of the drag queens and some of the more obvious butch lesbians hate us but everyone else was as nice as pie. :) There was a bit of a Waterloo over the use of restrooms (we had to change clothes twice) but the management intervened and reminded the objectors that the sign on the door said “Ladies”, not “Women”. :D

The only really scary part of the evening was on the way back - everyone wanted to stop at a restaurant (Denny’s). All of the patrons gave us (or me, anyway) the hairy eyeball on the way in, but the staff were quite nice to us.

I had to pee too badly to hold it, so I had to use the ladies’ room. :eek: The GG among us said “well, Rachel, you have to learn to manage this sometime. However the most passable and experienced TGirl took pity on me and ran interference for me. Tachycardia time!

She gave me a few valuable tips:

1. On the way in, be looking in your purse for something so that your hair obscures your face.

2. If there's a line, leave and come back later (see #4)

3. DON'T SPEAK

4. On the way out, be sure to look at yourself in the mirror.

In California it's only legal to do this if you have a letter from your doctor stating that you are transitioning, and are 24x7. Even then, Tgirls are arrested sometimes.

Sorry to ramble so much. I am probably making much ado about nothing, but it was an evening that I will never forget! And I will always be ready to go out again (well, maybe not alone - yet).

Love, hugs and kisses :D

Priscilla1018
04-04-2005, 04:24 PM
Hi Rachel,

Sounds like you had a good night.Way to go girl.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

celeste26
04-04-2005, 04:29 PM
Yes congrats for your courage, It's something that I haven't done yet. I have participated in a costume contest and got awarded though(2nd)

Now you owe it to yourself to get out more often, no excuses girl

Richelle
04-04-2005, 05:14 PM
Rachel;

Congratulations on such a fun time out. It is wonderful that you were able to have such support on your first time out.

Richelle

DonnaT
04-04-2005, 06:13 PM
Pretty cool Rachel, except for one thing. You failed to tell us how your singing debut went :D and how the crowd reacted.

Di
04-04-2005, 06:18 PM
So glad you got out.....sounds like you had alot of fun. Loved reading about it.

Melissa A.
04-04-2005, 06:22 PM
Wish we had something like that here.

Hugs

Melissa :)

Noel Chimes
04-04-2005, 06:52 PM
When your heels finally touch the floor you can tell us all about it. :D

Stormgirl
04-04-2005, 07:11 PM
Sounds like you had a good time.I could never do something like that.

Wenda
04-04-2005, 07:19 PM
that's my dream, girl!! Good for you. awesome, excellent, way to go! I dreamt a couple of weeks ago that a theatre group that I know did a three-act production. My character was the last guy to get to the reading, and got the tranny role. He started out in Act One as a bit of a redneck, and finished the act with his first (disasterous) attempt in heels, and seriously humbled. I don't have much recollection of Act Two. Act Three was awesome, my character has a revelation of some feminist issues, and takes on the mission of portraying femme and TG issues. My character (no name) does an encore of Shania's "Feel like a woman" cool. good for you. You are living my dream. tell me how it turns out. wenda.

Rachel Ann
04-04-2005, 08:58 PM
Thank you ALL <3

Your wonderful comments are as important to me as the evening itself! :)

You failed to tell us how your singing debut went :D and how the crowd reacted.Well, it turned out to be lip-sync, which is a good thing because I can't sing for sour apples! :p We did "Angel Baby" (Rosie and the Originals). The crowd had to react well because it was a benefit, but I watched the video later, and my dance moves weren't half bad if I do say so myself.

As luck would have it, I am the opposite of most: I am completely at ease on stage in front of a crowd. It's in small groups or one-one one situations that I panic and choke! Go figure. :confused:

Thank you all, see you "out there".

Love

Holly
04-04-2005, 09:53 PM
Rachel,

I'm so happy for you. What a wonderful night. Are we witnesing the first part of a possible career change, girlfriend?!?

Tristen Cox
04-05-2005, 03:46 AM
Good for you Rachel, glad you had the....gonads.. to even use the washroom at Denny's. Sounds like lots of fun and well worth it. You go girl!

PS: I almost forgot, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :D

JoannaDees
04-27-2005, 10:52 AM
Look at you Rachel. From starry eyed girl that first time at ILIG to onstage and out and about shenanigans. And it looks like you've integrated yourself fully into the fold there. Congratulations.

Joanna

Rachel Ann
04-27-2005, 04:29 PM
It would never have happened without you, Joanna! <3 <3 <3 :)

Look at you Rachel. From starry eyed girl that first time at ILIG to onstage and out and about shenanigans. And it looks like you've integrated yourself fully into the fold there. Congratulations.

Joanna