PDA

View Full Version : Casual Conversations

ColleenCD
11-13-2007, 01:02 AM
It seems almost everyday I have a conversation with a GG about something feminine or what might be considered unmanly in a professional environment.

Today I was at lunch with 2 newly hired GG co-workers. One of them asks to see my Blackberry. I handed her the phone and she says "I don't know how you type on these small keys?" Being drawn into this like a moth to a flame, I play along and say "It would sure be easier if I had nails more like yours, (sculpted french nails) but then I would get to much grief at work." She replied " I think they would look nice and no one would really care." I was thinking..."if she only knew."

Does this happen to anyone else?

Kate Simmons
11-13-2007, 02:57 AM
Oh, I drop hints all the time to the gals I work with Colleen. It usually goes over their heads though because in guy mode, I look absolutely nothing like I do here.:happy:

Dawn Marie
11-13-2007, 04:29 AM
A couple of weeks ago I was talking to one of my co-workers and she was talking about buying a dress on ebay. There was my opening. I asked her what it looked like and she proceeded to show me on her computer. I told her that would look very flattering on her and I added me to!! What for a reaction. She just said you are probably right. That's when I showed her one that I just purchased on e-bay my self. Now to look at me you would not think I would know any thing about dresses. You see I have a mustache and short black hair, but I do keep my nails nicely manacured. I then proceeded to tell her of my CDing. I was surprised, she was not shocked at all and asked to see what else I had bought.
Turns out she and I became very good friends and she helps me with matching my outfits to the accessaries that would make the right look. It is very nice to have someone face to face to talk about by CDing to.:hugs:

RachelDenise
11-13-2007, 05:40 AM
I have frequently made little femme comments during conversations at various places and have come up empty. Most people think of me as a funny guy and those comments get filed under their perception of me. It would take the admission that I'm a CD to get it out in the open and that's really difficult for me.

JoAnnDallas
11-13-2007, 09:11 AM
I have long polished acrylic nails and all the ladies here at work think they look great on me. I mentioned that I go to a nail salon at least twice a month and one of the ladies asked me if I ever got a pedicure. I said yes, in fact once a month I get a pedicure/maincure/fill and even got my eyebrows waxed. I did not mention that I also got my toes polished or my nails polished. I know they know I have nail polish on, "Sally Hansens - Cotton Candy", which is a pale Pink color, but no one has said anything about it.

I have had acrylic nails for over two years and have not found one person that has said anything negitive about them. Most of the GG's that have noticed them are empressed that I got them and have given me great responses. Once in a while my wife will say that I get my toes polished and again the response is positive.

Kristen Marie
11-13-2007, 04:19 PM
I try to keep the conversation balanced. If I am in a situation at work where someone (GG) starts a conversation related to something like fingernails, a cute outfit, etc., I try and add a nice comment like those are great nails, or I love that outfit on you. Usually the conversation then drifts to something nice like thanks for noticing. A nice follow-up like you always dress well works well too without coming on too strong.

Niya W
11-13-2007, 09:17 PM
Casual Conversations kill me. Some times I say things and people look at me weird. If you around me long enough you know I'm different than most guys

andreaattimes
11-14-2007, 12:16 AM
I tease the girls I work with that I have smoother legs then them.

LilahCD
11-14-2007, 01:29 AM
In casual conversation like that, if I do get an opening I almost always pass it up; OTOH, if I get a positive comment it kind of goes over my head at the moment and I'm left going "d'oh!!"

I feel like that girl in double-dutch that keeps almost jumping in then hesitating at the last moment.:rolleyes:

occdresser
11-14-2007, 07:17 AM
Yesterday at work one of my female co-workers commented I think you would look good in pink and I said you think so?

Sinthia
11-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Yesterday at work one of my female co-workers commented I think you would look good in pink and I said you think so?

And did you ask her if she had something pink to try on?

Kristen Marie
11-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Just be careful of how you respond. If they ask...have you lost weight?....don't respond by saying, yes... I'm down to a size 14.

Wenda
11-15-2007, 05:44 AM
Just be careful of how you respond. If they ask...have you lost weight?....don't respond by saying, yes... I'm down to a size 14.

LOL! Good point. I have scored a lot of points with female co-workers by noticing new hair styles (which really got one pissy at her hubby, because HE hadn't noticed), shoes, boots, outfits, etc. Now, if you know sizes, that could be a giveaway! I don't think any of the women I have worked with ever doubted my masculinity just because I had a hint of what they were striving for in their 'look'. I have come to appreciate that, packing an extra 10 pounds on a guy is no big deal, for a girl, it is fatal. w.