PDA

View Full Version : Telling a GG friend?

faltenrock
11-13-2007, 07:48 AM
Hi there,

I will go on a party for CD and other transgendered people on saturday 17.
I don't know any of them yet, there will be at least about 60 people in Hamburg. That made me think to come out to a female friend.

Now, she doesn't know about my CD, there is no emotional thing between me and her, we're just friends. I thought to ask her, whether she wants to join me. Now, how can I approach that? I've send her a mail, saying that there is an unusual party which I'll visit, and if she wants to go. We've planned to meet again this or next week, so I tought that could be a possibility to come out to a friend and not go to the party on my own.

She is going to move away from here, but that's not related to my possible outing to her.

Anyone any suggestion how to do that? I would want to visit her earlier in the afternoon to explain myself, I'd be dressed, would that be to much for someone who doesn't have a clue? Prior to visiting her, I would tell her more on the phone and by mail.

So????

Thanks already

DAVIDA
11-13-2007, 07:54 AM
I "surprised" a friend with showing rather than telling first. Although it turned out OK, I would recommend that you tell her first! Some people might be ok with you being a CD, but seeing it might not be what they want.

Di
11-13-2007, 08:24 AM
I recommend telling before showing....most times I think that backfires. If you think she will not betray you to others ect and you are close then tell her. Only you know how open minded she is and if you can trust her.Best Wishes.

faltenrock
11-13-2007, 08:46 AM
Thank you both so far, yes I'll tell her first, if I go that way.
We don't have the same friends, there is really no one she could tell, but I'll trust her anyway, she's nice.

Ðarissa
11-13-2007, 08:55 AM
Yeah tell her first. I hope she is ok with it and it goes good for you. :hugs:

faltenrock
11-13-2007, 09:09 AM
Well, I'm nervous about it. Perhaps it would be too strange for her - knowing me just as the guy she's been knowing for 4 years.

She would be the first one to come to.

tabitha_az
11-13-2007, 09:13 AM
yes i have told two of my best girl friends. Dont just show up. Let her make all the decisions of seeing you. Remember it is a big shock for her more than you.

JoAnnDallas
11-13-2007, 09:28 AM
I would tell her over drinks or dinner and if you have pictures of yourself dressed, you might take a couple along in case she is interested in seeing you en fem.

faltenrock
11-13-2007, 10:51 AM
I would tell her over drinks or dinner and if you have pictures of yourself dressed, you might take a couple along in case she is interested in seeing you en fem.

I won't have time for that until Saturday, the event is coming up too soon????:sad: