PDA

View Full Version : Catching Up

Alice B
11-13-2007, 01:37 PM
As pointed out last week, it has been a while since I last posted or had a photo posted. It has been an awful month and one half, with almost all my plans to dress going down the drain and things happening to me that totally suck. I did get to dress and go out for the first time one night to a local bar that supports CD activity. I had a very good time, but was only one of two there that were strictly hetrosexual males in dress. But still had fun and enjoyed those I met, but felt it was not quite what I had in mind.

Lately I have wanted to dress, but have not had the real freedom due to other obligations. What really concerns me is that I just don't feel that I look as good as I used to think I did. I think it is just in my mind. plus an age thing after seeing the beautiful shots that others have posted of themselfs. I see the great skirts and dresses and I want to have them and look like that, but I know - No Way! I will try hard to dress later this week and take a shot to post, but who knows.

I do need some advise. My wife knows and is accepting as long as she is not present, but do to my busy schedule and life style I would like to be able to be Alice at home, with her present once in a while at night. Thta is when I have the greatest amount of time. How do I broach this with her, so that she will be at ease with it?:hugs:

Alice B

Shelly Preston
11-13-2007, 01:57 PM
I think you need to explain how your bust schedule is driving you mad

You need to just ask if there is any way she would be able to let you dress at home maybe at times she wont be around if possible

Maybe if you tell her that you you hate having to go out and away from her to dress frustrates you because you are apart when you really should not be

However dont expect a positive answer immediately just see if she is wiling to condsider the possibility :hugs:

Alice B
11-13-2007, 06:01 PM
She allows me to dress at home when she is not around as much as I want, but my schedule and life style leaves no real time. It is not worth the effort to get fully dressed, make-up, etc. if I only have an hour or two left. Thus why I would like to be able to dress in the evening, for all night long.

My planned schedule went bust because I first got sick, then had a nasty fall and had so many scabs on my arms and legs that dressing was out of the question. Then my golf clubs were stolen from my car and I discovered that the new 2007 Tahoe I bought could not safely tow my boat after the dealer had sworn that it could. The new Tahoes have too short a wheel base and a new suspension system that makes towing VERY, VERY unsafe. This is going to cost me at least $35,000.00 to replace my vehicle. Thus a planned month of dressing at will went down the toliet. I want and really need to have some quality Alice time.:sad:

feminineandproud
11-13-2007, 06:06 PM
The pretty feeling comes back I'm sure.

SandyR
11-13-2007, 06:10 PM
I know the feeling Alice. Until about 2 weeks ago it had been since June......yikes.....thats a life time for a CD. Like you I want to stay dressed for as long as possible, but I realize thats just not my life right now. So, I only had about 2 hours.....and it rocked. My advice might be to just go for what ever you can. If do talk to the wife take it at her pace, she may never want to see Alice in person, but at least she knows about her and lets you dress.

SandyR

Delilah
11-13-2007, 06:51 PM
Sounds like you have had some bad luck, Alice. Were you affected by the fires? FYI - I grew up in El Cajon. Hope things turn around for you.

Delilah

Alice B
11-13-2007, 08:49 PM
I live by the ocean, thus not directly effected by fires. I did spend a couple of days photographing the fires and results, helped a friend and his family evacuate, helped set up a sprinkler system on his roof and housed his family, 4 dogs and 3 cats for several days. I've shot lots of fires and these were the worst I've seen. Smoke throughout the county was awful as was air quality for two weeks. Things normal now, except for the thousands that lost everything. Now we have top worry about rain and severe errosion. Time will tell.

I'll have to set aside time to talk to my wife. Let you know what happens.:hugs:

Di
11-13-2007, 09:17 PM
Hope things get better for you:hugs:
About how do you broach this with her, so that she will be at ease with it? I would explain to her just what you told us....and if she still has objections...ask her how can you both compromise to work something out that you both feel comfortable with.
Glad to see you...take care and let us know how it went.:hugs: