PDA

View Full Version : How Fast Are You? (At dressing)

windycissy
11-14-2007, 12:40 AM
Most days I love to take my time getting dressed, enjoying all the wonderful sensations and debating about what to wear, but today when I got back to my hotel room I was a woman on a mission: shopping! So I laid out my outfit (turtleneck, sweater, tights and flats) shaved and hopped in the shower. For the heck of it, after I got out I timed myself getting dressed: makeup, styling my wig (short so it's quick) lingerie, earrings, cologne, etc - even slapped on a coat of quick-dry nail polish. Total elapsed time: 16 minutes! I'll bet real girls have a hard time beating that sometimes....

Karren H
11-14-2007, 01:09 AM
Yep.... You win Tracy!!! lol Tonight it took me about 3 hours to get dressed.... 5 minutes for my clothes and 2 hours and 55 minutes for my makeup!! See avatar and profile pic for the end results.....

windycissy
11-14-2007, 01:34 AM
Well, you sure can't complain about the result, girl! Worth every minute...my makeup is very basic, I'm lucky that I have good skin and big blue eyes so I keep it simple. I think the makeup phase took less than 10 minutes today not including my nails.

Karren H
11-14-2007, 01:53 AM
Well, you sure can't complain about the result, girl! Worth every minute...my makeup is very basic, I'm lucky that I have good skin and big blue eyes so I keep it simple. I think the makeup phase took less than 10 minutes today not including my nails.

Mine usually is but tonight I was sorking on a FOTD - Face of the Day photo shoot for MUT ... www.makeuptalk.com .... So I took a looooong time lol

Stephenie S
11-14-2007, 10:17 AM
Three hours? I don't think I could spend anywhere near that amount of time.

It does get easier the more you do it. I don't have to do anything like Karren's makeup, fortunately. All I do now is brow pencil, eye shadow, mascara, and lipstick. Even so, getting ready for work now takes a good half hour longer than it used to before. It's not just the makeup, there's the hair, and lotion, and moisturizer, and jewelry. It's a good thing I work in scrubs, so there is little worry over what outfit to wear.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Julogden
11-14-2007, 10:52 AM
After shaving and showering, I always need 1-1.5 hours to do the whole package, most of that is for makeup and wig.

Carol

docrobbysherry
11-14-2007, 10:55 AM
Yep.... You win Tracy!!! lol Tonight it took me about 3 hours to get dressed.... 5 minutes for my clothes and 2 hours and 55 minutes for my makeup!! See avatar and profile pic for the end results.....

I mite put on makeup if I got results like U, Karen. I can't! However, with my special faces, and gloves, I not only skip makeup and nails, I can keep my facial hair! LOL
RS

www.myspace.com/robertsherry

Angie G
11-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Not as long as my wife :hugs:
Angie

renee k
11-14-2007, 11:29 AM
About an hour, start to finish. Wasn't there a thread in the Beauty section on this?
Huggs, Renee

Kate Simmons
11-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Cool, maybe we should all get together and start some kind of "drag race" show. Kinda like the old game show "Beat the Clock", no?:heehee:

jaina
11-14-2007, 11:55 AM
nails take the longest but that lasts more than a day, 20 minutes or so.
10 minutes to get dressed, a minute or two for makeup.
To much time on makup and you look like a man in makeup by drawing attention to masculine features.

jandebs
11-14-2007, 12:57 PM
To much time on makup and you look like a man in makeup by drawing attention to masculine features.

i so agree with this jaina. i stopped over at a friend's place the other week 'cos i couldn't find my door keys. The next morning all i had was lippy and a compact in my bag, and the woman of the house looked at me blankly when i asked if she had any foundation.. when i popped into a shop to ask if any keys had been found ( turned out i'd dropped them in there the previous night ) the guy smiled sweetly and said 'yes luv they're right here.. ). Where i live, most women daytimes hardly wear any make up. facial hair's usually a give away.. mine's quite light and i pluck out the dark hairs..

Melanie R
11-14-2007, 12:58 PM
Windy, you may beat me. On our recent TG cruise after a late night out in the ship's bars, several mornings to be ready to go out our cabin door to breakfast I was able to do a quick shave, dress in my casuals, and throw on makeup in 15 minutes. My wife says I look more convincing with the 15 minute jobs of dressing. We sat at the same table in the dining room with the same waiter for the 8 day cruise. One morning because we were doing a shore excursion, I did not dress and came to the breakfast table in drab. The waiter asked my wife where Melanie was hiding. She told him that Melanie is sitting in front of you. The waiter's response, "No way".

Hugs,

Melanie

jandebs
11-14-2007, 12:59 PM
oh yeah.. the speed thing..

my record's 5 minutes.. friends hassling me to get myself together for the movies...

Nicole Erin
11-14-2007, 03:15 PM
I guess about an hour from shower to dressed. I don't make a race out of it.

zann
11-14-2007, 03:40 PM
I neen 1.5 hr That includs shaving in the shower(all including face) make up corset clothes and wig. I need beard cover there for also foundation. I jost got a lace front wig that adds 10min but gives a natural hair line,so worth it. This will last all day and importantly gives me confadence that I will pass with out comment. I think the ritual is helpful in getting me into an other mind set and slowing dwn the masculin aggresiveness. Ann

Julogden
11-14-2007, 05:18 PM
nails take the longest but that lasts more than a day, 20 minutes or so.
10 minutes to get dressed, a minute or two for makeup.
Maybe for you, but most of us aren't that lucky and need a lot of help from the paint box. There's a saying: "It takes a lot of paint to make a guy what he ain't", and I subscribe to that philosophy.

For most CD's, it takes skillful application of the right cosmetic problems to disguise masculine features.

Carol

Kristen Marie
11-14-2007, 06:10 PM
My best time is an hour....getting underdressed with a corset and padding, then the beard cover, foundation, blush, eyes....I enjoy the process and hate to feel rushed.

JoAnnDallas
11-15-2007, 09:54 AM
It take me on average about 45 minutes to get ready.