PDA

View Full Version : Real Life Happens

Phyliss
11-14-2007, 06:04 AM
This isn't a standard "caught" story nor is it any sort of "accidental" outing, but rather a situation where I was rather glad I've reached that point where I just don't care anymore, about who knows I wear a bra everyday.

Case on point:
Had an appointment for my monthly pedicure yesterday. When I got there, L***, the owner, (who "knows") welcomes me and asks me if I want a special treat. Smiling while struggling to maintain "pure" thoughts, I say sure. She asks me if I want a "chair massage" Well of course, who could turn down an offer for a "freebie" like that. OK she says, I'd like you to meet Steven.
(First panic thought, OMG a guy is gonna give me a back massage, Just as quickly the second thought arrives, screwit I don't care)
Sit down in the "massage chair" (strange contraption, hard to explain the design but I'm sitting on my knees leaning forward with my face in a ring) and let Steven "go to work"
I just know he had to feel the straps, but he made no effort to either give "extra" attention to this area or "avoid" it.
I was thinking during the session, "Good thing I don't care anymore, how would I have reacted 2 yrs ago?" probably would have "wet" myself, refused the massage or been in such a panic I wouldn't have enjoyed it.

So, the lesson here is: ... if you're at such a point as to not be too comfortable with others "knowing" then, .... hehehe you just NEVER know what could happen. I highly recomend that you "get used to it"

charllote34
11-14-2007, 06:10 AM
Its a good place to be in your mind when you just dont care , let other people have the problem and not you x

DAVIDA
11-14-2007, 07:22 AM
Hi Phyliss!
I know just what you mean! I recently had another birthday and it seems like the older that I get, the less I care whether someone finds out or not!
Just yesterday I went to see my orthopedist. My toenails have had polish on them since Saturday. In the not so distant past, I would have had to remove the polish just in case I had to take off my socks. Now I just don't care.

Angie G
11-14-2007, 11:40 AM
Wat to go hun :hugs:
Angie

Rachel Schaedel
11-14-2007, 11:51 AM
Phyliss - Yeah for you. That is the mentality I have adopted lately and let me tell you, I am feeling better every day.

Charlotte - I couldn't have said it any better.

Sasha Anne Meadows
11-14-2007, 12:35 PM
The older we get the less time we have left and the less we care about what others think.

Chari
11-14-2007, 02:07 PM
Absolutely the right attitude to have! Who is it hurting or harming anyway? If you choose to dress, why not do it. No telling how many days we have remaining in this life and we should enjoy everyone of them!:2c:

Hugs2U, Chari