PDA

View Full Version : Feeling girly today

KatieC
11-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Hi all! Wow, it's been six months, almost to the day, since I joined this forum. Since then, I've probably only posted a dozen times. Yes, I'm far more of a lurker than I am a talker. :blushing:

The past six months have had their ups and downs. Sometimes it feels like more downs than ups. Lots of stress and anxiety about living in the closet, too much fear and self doubt to come out, . . . the list goes on and on.

But that's not why I'm posting today!

Today, I got out of the shower, and for no reason I can put my finger on, felt extraordinarily "girly". Oh sure, the mirror, evil invention that it is, tried to tell me differently. But today, I'm not listening to the mirror, I'm listening to my inner eye, which tells me that I'm pretty and sexy and full of joy.

So I'm walking around today, in my *ugh* drab clothing, and I don't care a bit. I've got a bounce in my step, and a sway in my hips; a gleam in my eyes and a smile on my lips. I'm laughing at the world, and laughing at myself, and feeling happier than I have in a long time.

Hurray for days when my inner girly-girl wakes up, and my drab, depressed, too-concerned-with-what-people-will-think side stayed asleep.

Here's hoping for more days like today. :c9:

Ðarissa
11-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Aye I know how ye feel. Despite being in drab a lot, I have that inner feeling of being very feminine and happy.

Brianna Lovely
11-14-2007, 03:17 PM
Katie, honey, maybe you'll wake up, feeling really girly one morning, and stay that way.
It's a wonderful feeling, being free, to be yourself.

Angie G
11-15-2007, 01:03 AM
Most days are like that for me I love to dress I dress 5 day a week but feel girly 24/7 hun :hugs:
Angie

Karren H
11-15-2007, 01:35 AM
Funny though I never feel "girly".... just comfortable.... normalish.... no matter what I'm wearing... hehehe

Mollyanne
11-15-2007, 07:52 AM
Hi Kate, When I feel "girly" which btw is almost all the time I put on my lingerie which really feels soooooo nice!!!! I LOVE the way my bra straps tug on my shoulders and the look of my "boobs", the sensual feel of my legs when they are encased in pantyhose. I HATE being "in drab" but I have to live with it for now. Go with the feeling sweetie, there is nothing like it!!!!!

:love: Mollyanne

charllote34
11-15-2007, 07:58 AM
Glad you are happy and feeling that way .i have like Karen says always felt comfortable the way i am , i know what you mean though there are periods( no pun intended) when i feel girlie !

Patti Girl
11-15-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm sure we all have our ups and downs, just like everyone else.

Myself, when I'm down, I tend to shy away from dressing, I just don't feel feminine. OTOH, when I'm feeling good (most of the time), I do feel the real feminine "me" and dress at least somewhat femme.

Patti

feminineandproud
11-15-2007, 05:06 PM
When you fully dress sometimes and have no distractions you will feel like that! It is such a wonderful feeling and you did a good job explaining it

Amanda Woods
11-16-2007, 08:15 AM
I dress sometimes every day for about a month then suddenly the desire may go away for a couple of weeks and then if i see a new dress or pair of shoes i like ,i buy them and go back into female mode for a few weeks---weird i know

KatieC
11-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Thank you all for reading and replying. It's so wonderful to have someplace I can share feelings like this.

I think the best part of my feeling-so-girly day, was that I felt that way without dressing, or even particularly anticipating dressing. Usually my inner girl needs some help to come out; my drab day-to-day self tends to keep my feelings very repressed. I don't particularly like feeling as though I'm repressing my true self, and it was a very happy surprise to have whole day where I didn't feel that I was.

I'm hoping for more days like that. Days where I can feel free to be me, without needing to dress to let my feminine half express herself. Then I'd be able to dress (or not) just for the fun of it, and not because part of my nature is screaming for the expression that is too often denied/repressed.

Michelle 51
11-16-2007, 06:26 PM
I know how you feel dear and what.s a dumb mirror know anyway.Of course your pretty We all are when we.re dressed. justabit

SandyR
11-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Katie,

Just like I tell my wife the mirrors at the gym make me look bigger.....

There are times I look at me in the mirror at home and see the Girl in me. Sometimes on the way to work I look at my eyes in the rear view mirror and see Sandy written all over them.....heheh.....

Its all good!

SandyR

docrobbysherry
11-17-2007, 01:54 AM
Hi all! Wow, it's been six months, almost to the day,
Today, I got out of the shower, and for no reason I can put my finger on, felt extraordinarily "girly". Oh sure, the mirror, evil invention that it is, tried to tell me differently. But today, I'm not listening to the mirror, I'm listening to my inner eye, which tells me that I'm pretty and sexy and full of joy.

Hurray for days when my inner girly-girl wakes up, and my drab, depressed, too-concerned-with-what-people-will-think side stayed asleep.
:c9:

When I'm feeling girlie, I get dressed BEFORE I look in the mirror. Otherwise, the feeling mite just fly away.
RS

ww.myspace.com/robertsherry