PDA

View Full Version : My new Doctor

elaineg
11-14-2007, 05:35 PM
I had an appointment with my new primary care physician today. My old doctor closed his practice, He knew I am tg and helped me with many issues I had in the past, and had suggested the Doctor I visited today.

I stopped at his office last week and got all the paper work for new patients, filled out all of it here at home and made out a list of meds and past medical history.

I got to the Doctors Office this morning 15 mins. early and had a great chat with the receptionist. The Nurse asked me to come to the back and checked my weight height B/P Pulse and temp, she said my B/P was a little high. Finely the Doctor came in we Talked for over 30 mins. about mine and my wife’s past medical (she has very ill and in the hospital). I told him that I also was seeing a Therapist, we talked about the reasons why and I also told him that I was TRANSGENDERED without a beat we went right on with the exam. He told me he wanted to do some blood work to check my cloistral and wanted me to check my B/P at home and keep a written record of it to bring back in 2 weeks.

It is so cool and positive to be able to come out to a professional. Oh how I wish my boss was a professional.

Hugs Elaine

ColleenCD
11-14-2007, 06:34 PM
Elaine,

You changed docs, change employers.

Colleen

Angie G
11-15-2007, 01:13 AM
That great my doc. will never know as I have family working in the office :hugs:
Angie

LindaTS
11-15-2007, 04:38 PM
I liked the male doctors that I've had in the past but it always seemed like they didn't really want to discuss any gender problems. It's almost like the did it very begrudgling. I've had a female doctor for the past two years and she's the best thing that ever happened to me. Wish I had met her years ago, life would have been much easier. She even goes as far as giving me regular breast exams, something that the males didn't want any part of.

trannie T
11-16-2007, 04:16 AM
it is important to have a doctor you trust and can communicate with. My crossdressing is not related to my physical health so I have not shared that part of my life with my doctor. Congratulations on finding one you like.

JoAnnDallas
11-16-2007, 08:46 AM
I have a female DO and she is great. She is about my own age and she is the only person other than my wife that knows that I am TG. That is other than my Tri-Ess sisters. LOL

Jere Oneil
11-18-2007, 08:27 AM
I liked the male doctors that I've had in the past but it always seemed like they didn't really want to discuss any gender problems. It's almost like the did it very begrudgling. I've had a female doctor for the past two years and she's the best thing that ever happened to me. Wish I had met her years ago, life would have been much easier. She even goes as far as giving me regular breast exams, something that the males didn't want any part of.

Believe me, that is just as important for males as for GGs. I had breast cancer 10 years ago. I found the lump by accident. While rare in males, it is fatal at a rate many times that for females because it isn't detected until it's too late. I'll get on my soapbox here and say, ladies, and that means everyone here, do a regular self exam on your breasts at least once a month. Believe me, that is one aspect of femininity you do not want to experience.