PDA

View Full Version : Using your CD identity elsewhere on the Net

danam
11-14-2007, 08:17 PM
Ever used your feminine name and identity in regular, non-sexual Internet forums? For example, I read and participate in a lot of photography forums, and I have learned a lot about self-portraits and different lens and lighting combinations as a result of my CD explorations :D.

On more than one occasion I caught myself wanting to post a picture of Dana on the forum to discuss the technical merits of the picture. Whoa!!! That would be quite a blunder!!

So I was halfway tempted to use my Dana Matthews online identity (that is used here exclusively) to join the photography forum. And pretend I was that woman and then be that woman in normal Internet correspondence. Of course, I would only post the "passable" pictures. But something about it didn't feel right...not sure...anyone else use their feminine persona online in regular non-sexual discourse?

Melora
11-14-2007, 08:24 PM
I use my 3 identities in all sorts of things.. Like E-Bay for one and public opinnion surveys for another and I change my sex, JUST to keep them all thinking.. IF THEY CAN!! :happy:

AmandaM
11-14-2007, 08:26 PM
I have five identities. One that cannot be traced in case I want to nail some meany!

SweetCaroline
11-14-2007, 08:29 PM
YES. I post at a political message board where they not only know me as transgendered, but originally knew me as a male before coming out. It's highly partisan, so I won't mention it here (and I've been warned about talking politics around here before. :o ). But if anyone wants to see it, let me know.

Caroline.

Oh! And I forgot to mention. I also have a myspace pace for my femme identity. Check it out if you like....

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=242206335

I have one for my male identity as well, that I've used mainly for dating and promoting my artwork, but no one ever looks at it. I guess the girl is just more interesting. :p

Nicole Erin
11-14-2007, 08:36 PM
Usually I pick names that are NOT normal names.
On one forum it was something like "agressive95" for a car forum.

I usually don't talk about my gender. If it DOES come an issue, I just say I am male cause I don't really want someone PM'ing me asking for a date or to watch him enjoy himself on webcam.

docrobbysherry
11-15-2007, 12:51 AM
I have 3 email addresses so I can keep my identities straight. STILL too easy to screw up!
RS

www.myspace.com/robertsherry

Karren H
11-15-2007, 01:32 AM
NON-SEXUAL??? You mean this is about sex??? hahaha... Maybe for you but not for me... And yes.... I use Karren Hutton here and on another CD forum... on MakeupTalk... on another beauty site.... on a celeberty fashion blog site... when ever I blog anything on the web I use Karren.... I have an ebay account.... and a yahoo 360 web site... and a Flickr site.... ohhh and a Photobucket site.... I IM as Karren and none of them have anything what so ever to do with sex..... Should have been a nun I guess...!!! :D

Karren

Lisa Golightly
11-15-2007, 03:40 AM
I'm known as Lisa and Li Li in lots of places... Some as bizarre as Mobile phone forums and BMW engineering sites... Gosh, now I sound terribly sad... Just as well I didn't mention the teddy bear collecti... Damn...

Taffy
11-15-2007, 10:49 PM
I post on a number of doll groups with the same name I use here...

Ðarissa
11-15-2007, 11:17 PM
Most of the other forums I'm on are art and gaming related and I don't use any girly names with those places. I joined a few sex related forums, quite awhile ago but I don't bother with those anymore. So the only place I'm Ðarissa is here.

Keely
11-16-2007, 06:42 AM
Yes, on one other. I'm Keely_H on MUT (makeuptalk.com). But not on SIGForum.

Darlene Rochelle
11-16-2007, 07:33 AM
All of my online recovery friends know me as Darlene.My 12-step recovery sponsor always calls me by my femme name,it is a huge part of who I REALY AM!

switcheralso
11-17-2007, 06:26 AM
I use 4 email all depends on what I post...

Ms Rebecca
11-17-2007, 08:49 AM
3 of them

Emily Ann Brown
11-17-2007, 09:10 AM
I am Miss Emily Ann here and on eBAY....and at the bank too! Just one me I'm afraid.

Emily Ann

MJ
11-17-2007, 09:17 AM
well mostly it's mj or Marissa

LynnInDenver
11-17-2007, 05:01 PM
I've been Lynn in one chat room, and am currently Lynn over in Second Life. In fact, I did both before I started going out as Lynn IRL. :eek:

Lilith Moon
11-17-2007, 07:26 PM
Yes, in a number of techy forums I post as either lilith or using another femme ID. Everybody seems so much more obliging and helpful to what they assume is a poor helpless female.

MarinaTwelve200
11-17-2007, 08:08 PM
In the nineties when I first joined the internet, I read that EVERYONE SHOULD have at least THREE Identities. A male, a female and a neutral gender. A GG with a male ID can avoid being hit on if it becomes a problem, and a male can use a female ID to explore places where guys may not be welcome or might be awkward.---just for a couple of examples. Not to mention for hiding ones true identity or for other useful reasons.

And Yes, I use my fem identity a lot in different places on the web.

Brenda1423
11-17-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm in a tech related site as Brenda. Even have a photo there. It's a "Passable" picture.

rebeca_abigail30
11-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Actually, I have three e-mails (one as a family, 1 that I send my SO's sex toys' receipts, etc to, and then my femine e-mail), and I use my femine name in Ebay.

Kris
11-27-2007, 08:24 PM
Holy Cow!

I have one name. ONE and half the time I can't remember that!

How do you all keep all these identities separate? I notice that most of the cd'ers here have a close to birth name female name....... or so many that have told me their boys names, are always close to their cd names. I can't imagine .. I would screw myself up calling myself something.

Hugs,
Kris

Bethany_Anne_Fae
11-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Ever used your feminine name and identity in regular, non-sexual Internet forums? For example, I read and participate in a lot of photography forums, and I have learned a lot about self-portraits and different lens and lighting combinations as a result of my CD explorations :D.

On more than one occasion I caught myself wanting to post a picture of Dana on the forum to discuss the technical merits of the picture. Whoa!!! That would be quite a blunder!!

So I was halfway tempted to use my Dana Matthews online identity (that is used here exclusively) to join the photography forum. And pretend I was that woman and then be that woman in normal Internet correspondence. Of course, I would only post the "passable" pictures. But something about it didn't feel right...not sure...anyone else use their feminine persona online in regular non-sexual discourse?

Yeppers,
I use my Faery Identity with all of my performing friends ;)

RobertaFermina
11-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Yep.
Seperate Email Accounts, Web Pages....
Bob and Roberta don't even share the same Cell Phone.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Sally24
11-28-2007, 06:55 AM
I'm on Makeup Talk too, although I did introduce myself as TG. I also use Sally on gaming sites and have real e-mail account for her too.

tina jayne
11-28-2007, 07:16 AM
hi i have 2 email accounts 1 drab and 1 fem for tina my ebay is in tins name and what a great idea inever thought abouta call phone for tina :D

Jenny Beth
11-28-2007, 12:13 PM
I am on a women's fashion board as Jennifer but I made no attempt to hide my gender in the profile I posted there. I haven't had any problems and have actually had a couple of pm's from women who think my lifestyle is "intriguing". I also have an account at La Senza in my femme name but my gender is checked as male.