PDA

View Full Version : Young teens saw me . . .

Sinthia
11-14-2007, 08:26 PM
I was outside my condo this afternoon, taking out the trash, when three young (about 14) girls came out of the pool area. The last girl saw me as I walked to the dumpster, and told her companions. One of the girls looked at me and asked "Why are you wearing a dress?" I said because I want to. The girls looked at me, kind of smiled, and kept on walking home. I was afraid that they might 'jump' me about being dressed this way, but that did not happen. Loks like not all teenage girls give us a bad time.

Nicole Erin
11-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Teenagers are usually the worst about things.

Melora
11-14-2007, 08:48 PM
And thank god!...
I think that Teenage Girls are the Smartest and thoughtfull of the LOT nowadays!, for the MOST part!

Butterfly Bill
11-14-2007, 10:50 PM
"Because I like to" is the answer I give to everyone who asks me why I am wearing a dress.

Karren H
11-14-2007, 11:32 PM
I'd hunt them down and kill them!! Ok... just kidding... I stay away from groups of youthes.... Safety first... being pretty comes second.. ehehe

LilahCD
11-14-2007, 11:45 PM
It's good to hear the younger generation can be more accepting than they're usually given credit for..

As long as you don't come across as a creep, or someone with something to hide, people generally don't seem to care what you wear as much anymore.

JaytoJillian
11-15-2007, 04:36 AM
I was outside my condo this afternoon, taking out the trash, when three young (about 14) girls came out of the pool area. The last girl saw me as I walked to the dumpster, and told her companions. One of the girls looked at me and asked "Why are you wearing a dress?" I said because I want to. The girls looked at me, kind of smiled, and kept on walking home. I was afraid that they might 'jump' me about being dressed this way, but that did not happen. Loks like not all teenage girls give us a bad time.

Hmmmm, that reminds me of a similar experience I had a while back. It was close to Halloween, and I'd decided to dress and just go out and about. I told myself that if harassed, I'd just simply say I was headed to a party. I was wearing my fave color--black top, mini-skirt, thigh-highs and pumps. I went into an all-night grocery around midnight to buy some cheap lipstick, when a carload of teenaged boys pulled up. There were like five in all. I got the feeling that two of them were following me. As I was pulling money from an ATM, they just stood there, a couple of ailses away, staring and commenting to one another. Nervous, I looked at them and said in a very "manly" voice, "I'm heading to a costume party, dude!" There was a look of disbelief on there faces, followed by, "It's a guy!" Obviously, these poor fellows did not have a clue until I gave it to them. I was so nervous, I left my card in the ATM, but I bought my lipstick. As I walked out to my car, the group of guys followed me out. I was convinced there was going to be trouble, but they wanted to know where the "party" was that I was going to. I just laughed and told them that it probably wouldn't be their type of scene. The moral of the story? Be confident in yourself and never underestimate the power of a short skirt. :heehee:

Wenda
11-15-2007, 05:08 AM
.....Nervous, I looked at them and said in a very "manly" voice, "I'm heading to a costume party, dude!" There was a look of disbelief on there faces, followed by, "It's a guy!" Obviously, these poor fellows did not have a clue until I gave it to them. I was so nervous, I left my card in the ATM, but I bought my lipstick. As I walked out to my car, the group of guys followed me out. I was convinced there was going to be trouble, but they wanted to know where the "party" was that I was going to. I just laughed and told them that it probably wouldn't be their type of scene. The moral of the story? Be confident in yourself and never underestimate the power of a short skirt. :heehee:

Great story! I agree. Your mental state can project confidence or weakness. w.

Terri Ryan
11-15-2007, 05:47 AM
went for a walk on the beach the other day, first time ever dressed & was very nervous when a couple of teenage girls overtook me walking in same direction
was rapt when they just said hello as they came past & carried on with their conversation about boys, fascinating the bits i overheard