PDA

View Full Version : Legality of crossdressing in sydney

Snigdha
11-14-2007, 10:17 PM
Hi,

Can anyone tell me is ther any complication if I dress up as female in public in sydney australia?

I want to go out in public dressed as female. But due to my body structure people will easily know that I am a man.

I intend to go out at night say around 10.30 to 12 am. Just to go to some shopping mall or just only walk through the footpath.

Can anyone please suggest.

Suzy Harrison
11-14-2007, 10:37 PM
Hi Snigdha

Let me assure you that in Australia you can go legally go anywhere dressed as a guy or a girl. The police are not interested - I've been stopped by the police for speeding and they were really nice to me.

I also know of someone else in Aus who says she can't pass, but she still goes out in public and - get this, checks into hotels and flys with QANTAS with no problems - so you have nothing to worry about. Aus is a great place !

Also from what I understand Sydney is even more accepting than anywhere else - so get going !

:hugs: Suzy

Snigdha
11-14-2007, 11:05 PM
Hi Suzy,

Thanks a lot for your confirmation. Still feeling little bit shaky. I am quite new in Australia (6 months). Last couple of days I were roaming around nearby place of where I live. But really want to go out in public places. I do not know any CDs living near to me, guess I have to go alone actually this makes me a little bit nervous. If I want to go to city centre then I have to take a bus. So, I am worried about how the people in the bus will react. Another thing if I meet someone whom I know then what I will say???? But I really want to go out.

Bye

Stephenie S
11-14-2007, 11:56 PM
Hi Suzy,

Thanks a lot for your confirmation. Still feeling little bit shaky. I am quite new in Australia (6 months). Last couple of days I were roaming around nearby place of where I live. But really want to go out in public places. I do not know any CDs living near to me, guess I have to go alone actually this makes me a little bit nervous. If I want to go to city centre then I have to take a bus. So, I am worried about how the people in the bus will react. Another thing if I meet someone whom I know then what I will say???? But I really want to go out.

Bye

Don't go anywhere alone that a woman would not go alone. ESPECIALLY at the times you are talking about. VERY few women who are not "working" go anywhere alone or together at that time of night. Daylight is safer. Often the safety of night is not safe at all.

If you meet someone you know, and they recognize you, say hello. Don't forget to smile.

Lovies,
Steph

rachel_rachel
11-15-2007, 12:02 AM
Sydney is the one place you would get away with it. Kings Cross, (whilst not being one the most friendly places i've ever been to) would be the most non plussed place in the state.

docrobbysherry
11-15-2007, 12:43 AM
Sydney is the one place you would get away with it. Kings Cross, (whilst not being one the most friendly places i've ever been to) would be the most non plussed place in the state.

Rachel is correct, I believe. We have friends in Sydney and visited them there a few times. I was with my family. They told us to stay away from Kings Cross, as that is the "gender bender" area at nite!
RS

www.myspace.com/robertsherry

Snigdha
11-15-2007, 12:51 AM
Thanks to you all for your responses. But can anyone of you suggest me how I can find one cd who can give me company during the adventure.

Suzy Harrison
11-15-2007, 06:57 AM
Thanks to you all for your responses. But can anyone of you suggest me how I can find one cd who can give me company during the adventure.

Hi Snigdha - I'm just sorry I'm on the other side of Australia - as I have to go out alone as well!...

A good site to go to is:

www.trannyradio.com

There are a lot of CDs on that site who live in Sydney who can help you.

Welcome to Australia by the way ! I know it seems a little strange at first, but it's a great place and everyone is so friendly here.

:hugs: Suzy

DonnaT
11-15-2007, 07:29 AM
See also http://chameleonswa.com/chameleons/forums/

Suzy Harrison
11-15-2007, 08:01 AM
See also http://chameleonswa.com/chameleons/forums/

I'm afraid that site is for Western Australia - the other side of the country to Sydney

Princess29
11-15-2007, 08:23 AM
yeah, trannyradio is great.
And welcome to australia from me too Snigdha