PDA

View Full Version : Breast forms to glue or not to glue

Jan Michell Collins
11-15-2007, 07:06 PM
what is the best glue to use on my froms ??? Iv'e heard of holisters and 3m 77 and elmers spray . Where di I find it . the elmers that is ???
thanks gurls .

SandyR
11-15-2007, 07:25 PM
I use duck tape.......heheh

SandyR

Wenda
11-15-2007, 08:04 PM
If you do a search on this, you will find lots of good info. I use 3M Super 77 for 'everyday' and Hollisters for special occassions. A can of Hollisters about 1/4 the size of a can of 3M costs about3 times as much, but Hollisters is definitely the top of the heap. w.

misswannabe
11-15-2007, 09:06 PM
what is 3M Super 77?? are they available at hardware stores?

Niya W
11-15-2007, 09:15 PM
They make tape for breast forms

Genifer Teal
11-15-2007, 09:19 PM
I can't imagine using 3m 77 glue on them. How do you clean the glue off the forms? I would suspect it will irritate the heck out of your skin. Hollisters 7730 is very expensive but really the only way to go. THereare some medical tape strips that some say work too. The hollisters glue is skin friendly, and removeable. I use goo gone, but they sell an expensive remover as well. Keep in mind you don't need to use a lot. Spray as lightly as possible and hold the can far away for greater dispersion. It will last much longer this way.

Gen

Kikacd
11-15-2007, 10:23 PM
I was told by the sales person where I bought my forms that for the adhesives to work I must have a hairless chest. I have a medium amount of chest hair and I don't see how I can justify shaving it to those who will see it. (wife knows I dress so the main issue is with the kids.)

Do you truly have to have a hairless chest to use adhesives?

Kikacd
11-15-2007, 10:35 PM
I do wear the forms with underwire bras. I have just wondered what it would feel like to wear the forms and go braless.

Sally2005
11-15-2007, 11:36 PM
The Elmer's spay glue works okay. You spray it on, wait for 30 minutes for the solvents in the glue to dry out. It remains tacky like tape does. The only issue I had was having pockets of water from sweat collect behind the forms. What I tried is to spray the glue through a screen mask so that the water could escape. Seems to be working well, but I haven't road tested them a lot. The glue comes off with varsol. They stay on braless, but around the edges they peel back a little bit (no really an issue) and to remove them you just slowly peel them off. Not such a great idea with chest hair and your skin will be a bit pink for an hour or so after. I've not had an adverse reactions, but I always wash my skin and forms with alcohol between uses just to make sure.

I haven't tried 3M 777 yet or the medical glue.

docrobbysherry
11-16-2007, 02:01 AM
you do not have to wait 30 minutes if you use the medical glue made for the breast forms.
:2c:
:eek:
30minutes is a long time :sleep: :waiting: :yawn:

The Hollisters dries in about 5 minutes. I take it off me and the forms with paint thinner. Then I jump in the shower immediately and wash the thinner off of everything. The smell is gone completely in about an hour. I don't mind $25 for the adhesive, but $20 for the remover? Uh uh.
I have had a perspiration problem also. Forms came loose at the bottom only, as that is where the liquid ran to.
RS

www.myspace.com/robertsherry

docrobbysherry
11-16-2007, 02:04 AM
DO NOT USE DUCT TAPE ON YOUR GOOD FORMS! I use it on me. Again, thinner to remove the tape glue. And shower immediately after to get off the thinner.
RS

jandebs
11-16-2007, 06:16 AM
i've been using amoena breast forms for years. they're amazing. they have a back surface with an adhesive quality which responds to body heat. They move with the body perfectly.

They're a little bit more expensive that ordinary forms. Amoena cater mainly for post mastectomy women, but are lovely people to deal with and very sympathetic towards transgendered people. i was given a personal fitting at their uk outlet, and given help on on choosing the right bra size. They have some lovely bras which are designed to take breastforms, and matching lingerie sets. They do mail order from their website too.

Jordan
11-16-2007, 06:26 AM
I used dpuble sided duct tape once and it ruined my forms at 200 dollars not what you want to see

Wenda
11-16-2007, 09:00 AM
I would avoid using duct tape at all. If you leave it on too long, it can remove the top layer of skin and leave a scar. I just managed to track down a can of Hollisters, but like I said earlier, it is pricey. I have used 3M Super 77 for over two years, and am only just finishing my second can. I bought it at Staples Office supply. I originally used turpentine as a cleaner, because it is 'organic' and is a bit oily, doen't dry out your skin, but the odour is strong, so I have switched to odourless Varsol for cleaning everything. Isopropyl alcohol will also work, but takes more effort. The only place that I have residue is a line around the edges.
Unless you want to have the experience of waxing your chest, then, yes, you must shave. Actually lots of non-dressing men shave their chests, runners, swimmers, weight lifters, etc. I applied my forms once with three-days growth, and had had lots of little hairs stuck to the forms when I removed them, and two oval strips with no hair on myt chest..
To clean the residue off the forms, I put a bit of varsol in a shallow pan and let them soak for about half an hour. When the residue becomes tacky, I carefully scrape it off with a butter knife. I usually repeat the process a couple times, then wash them with detergent and warm water. AFter they are nice and dry, I put a bit of body spray on them before putting them back in their boxes, so the smell nice for the next time.
I just bought a set of self-adhesive #7 teardrops on eBay. They are a newer version, and less dense than some silicone forms. The adhesive on these is excellent, I wore them for about 28 hours last weekend. The feel of the forms is great, but the surface is very shiny, and the edges are not as well tapered as, say, transforms, but they are a good economical version if you want to have breasts under a t-shirt or sweater. w.

PaulaJeanette
11-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Hello,

I use Hollisters' adhesive and remover because they've been developed AND TESTED for the specific purpose of securing breast forms to the human body. Athough, they are indeed expensive, who says crossdressing was inexpensive.

Also, has anyone thought about potential health risk or damage to one's body from repeated use of other chemicals, such as Varsol, duct tape, or other chemicals, especially in the breast area. There have been reported cases of males developing breast cancer.

Something to think about don't you think?

Hugs,

PaulaJeanette

Raychel
11-17-2007, 06:42 AM
Gluing on the forms is something that I always wanted to try. I would love to be able to feel the weight of them and get that true sensation. But with the amount of hair on my chest, and the fact that my wife probably would not approve. I dont know that it will ever happen. :(

Sally2005
11-17-2007, 03:20 PM
I'm not advocating doing what I do, but I don't drink the stuff. The idea is to let the solvents evaporate or cure before using the forms. The other thing is that it is for a few hours once and a while. If you are wearing them 24x7 then the approved way is probably better and more cost effective because you are only replacing the glue once a week. For occasional use it is a lot easier and cheaper to get it at home depot when you are there buying the acetone and paint thinner for removing your nails, polish and for cleaning the forms (and lumber for repairing your deck).

sandylove
11-21-2007, 11:48 PM
The breast forms I'm looking for may not exist. I want breasts that are not hollow in the back. The upper half of the back is flat with plenty of space for an adhesive. The lower half of the back is free to dangle. I'd like my breasts to dangle when I bend over, like real breasts. But more importantly, I want to be able to reach under the lower halfs and play with my nipples, which are very sensitive and arousing. Now I use a see-through bra which allows me get at my nipples. But I'd love it even better without the bra, just my breasts. Suggestions would be appreciated.
Love, Sandy

dragdoll
11-22-2007, 12:15 AM
you could also use a prosthetic adhesive, like cinema secrets. the remover isn't very expensive either.

Suzy Harrison
01-07-2008, 05:08 PM
I use duck tape.......heheh

SandyR

Thats awfull - those poor ducks.

quack......quack .......quack .........

sandi_tee
01-07-2008, 08:35 PM
:2c: I know I should have posted in the intro section first....but this subject caught my interest.

I have forms from the Breast Form Store that are the largest size you can get that are attachable. I have gone through the gamut of the other types of adhesives in keeping the girls on me... Now, I'm a free spirited gurl...and go bra less all time. These DD bounce and move just like back as a flower child days.

My :2c: on all with & w/o bra

"Boomerang" shaped 2-side tape; Okay for a while, sweat will take it's toll with or with out bra. HORRIBLE TO REMOVE. Must place each time you wear them in the same spot.Then, let it build up each layer, then soak in GOO-OFF to get the last /first one off.

2-side Duct carpet tape; will work bra less but a mess to remove with Goo-Off ( their is two types, take note, Goo-Off, and GOOF-OFF, big diff)

**** AND don't not get any of these product on the breast itself!!!!! The front is not made for any of these.

Prosthetics Spray; VERY Expensive. Recommend for Bra only.. To remove...The REMOVER IS COSTLY TO... So if you are putting the "girls" on three times a week.....that is some bucks.

Elmer's; Bra only. Easier to clean off..

(now to the heavy hitters, not for the weak, true Free Spirited only)

No hair on chest..if so....you just gave your self a "Wax Job" these will do it for you...

3M 77. Stings.. Yes spray on you and forms.....wait and place ONCE.... NO second chances....or...Clean up and try again.
Bra less even in hot days or warm playing....:heehee:

Should be cleaned ff with just Goo-Off and a small amount of GOOF-OFF....small. I get the process started with a paper towel and let it sit for a FEW mins. Then spray on the Goo-Off and finish up.... Note: for the gurls that have others with them.... DON"T do these last two. the fumes, takes about a 1/2 hour or more, and kinda make a mess of the adhesive 'droppings' I can't tell you how many times I've S.O.S. my sink to get the buggers that I missed cleaning up. And I forgot this....to remove any glue on you...the Goo-Off...smells like oranges, and there is only a minute wait time....and they good to go....

NOW:drink: The best is my choice is........3M 80. Made for Rubber and Vinyl.. Dose not sting, I can do a Poll Dance bra less and bounce all night:p
Clean up, is 1/3 rd GOOF-OFF ( strong stuff, must be very used in a limited basics ) And hand rubbing with Goo Off until I get the glue buggers coming off on a regular stream finish up with good smelling dish soap and dry face up on a thing about the size of the spray cap. place in box they came in.... Sandi