PDA

View Full Version : Ordering clothes and a "slice of life"

Phyliss
11-16-2007, 09:48 PM
The latest Woman Within (aka Lane Bryant) catalog arrived the other day. (in my name, who else) After spending a few moments checking it out I handed it to my wife, knowing she needs some new winter clothes, I suggested she look through it. (big mi$take).
Thursday, after work, I asked her if she had found anything in the book that she wanted. As I saw her smile I also saw my W.W. credit card melting. Sat down to make a list of what she wanted, and about halfway through it my Son-in-law dropped by to leave his two kids for our weekly "babysitting" time. (Daughter works late on Thursday and S.I.L. works second shift. So, for a three hour overlap, we watch the kids) Of course they're all "wound up" for some reason while wife and I are trying to make the list. Finally I ask her if she wants to finish it after suppper, when kids will be calmer. She agrees and I put aside the list, to make supper.
After the meal and the dishes done, we again sit to finish the list. (FYI it's long). Kids are doing their normal 2 yr old and 4 yr old playing, especially the 2 yr old who enjoys exploring kitchen cabinets.
List completed I head to my office to call in the order, and make an off handed comment about possibly looking at the book again and getting something for myself. All I hear from her is a loud "NO" Turning to her I ask "Why?"
Ya gotta love her answer at this point: "I wasn't talking to you I was talking to the baby, he's getting into the cabinets again, you get whatever you want." as she headed for the kid, completely ignoring me. I could have been commenting about buying a new spanner wrench or something.
BTW the only thing I found that I wanted was a new shirt/blouse. While I would like some of the skirts and dresses they have on sale, it'd be really impractical to get them. (mostly because of cost and available usage time, not that I can't dress up, just not able yet to get her to go with me. No fun going out alone, and I'm not a "clubber" type.)

So, after a year of having "come out" she's begining to get comfortable enough to openly talk to me about it.

Darlene Rochelle
11-17-2007, 06:31 AM
Phyliss,that is good to hear. Progress,not perfection,as I like to say. I LOVE Woman Within catalogs,think the name really fits us quite well.

Delilah
11-17-2007, 06:33 AM
Everytime the wife gets a Lane Bryant catalog, I would like to spend, spend, spend on myslef, but don't. Darn!

kim85
11-17-2007, 07:05 AM
its great to hear that your wife is becoming more and more confortable with it
Kim
XXX

Raychel
11-17-2007, 07:19 AM
That is great, That you wife is so accepting. I have been laying off of ordering new stuff lately, But every once in a while when my wife gets a new dress from me that she wasn't expecting, She know that I have been shopping again. :heehee:

DonnaT
11-17-2007, 07:39 AM
Cool!

For me, this close to Xmas, I think the list would have been a wish list. :)