PDA

View Full Version : Did it!

QZ2
11-17-2007, 05:28 AM
"I am a crossdresser!" I said to my wife. Gulp. This was after a bit of a conversation about gender and sex and how it pertains to me. She was understanding of it all so I said the scary words, "I am a crossdresser!"

I then went on to explain that it is something that has been a part of my life since I was a teenager, that it started out being an erotic experience, that I am still heterosexual, and so on. Her answer? "I love you." Sort of, "Thanks for telling me. You are still the person I am in love with and always will be." So there...

But she had no questions, no pondering, no showing pity or disgust or disapproval. Just love. And it has continued that way.

Now it is in the open between us and I don't need to lay awake at night trying to figure out how to tell her about this important part of me. Not have to worry about destroying our wonderful relationship. All of the things I feared didn't happen. Right now it is kind of like, "OK, so you're a crossdresser, now let's move on."

I hope and pray that as time goes on that she will gain a full understanding of what my crossdressing is and tolerate my needs. At the moment life is good and I feel better than I have in a long time. My lovely wife is expressing plenty of love for me and the relief of finally telling the truth is wonderful.

I want to thank everyone in this group for giving me the help and courage to make this step. I love you all....

Delilah
11-17-2007, 05:46 AM
Good for you QZ2! I have been dressing for only a few months and am still trying to get the nerve to tell the wife. Here it is 4:42 A.M. and I am in the basement in a Bra, panties and pajamas. Couldn't sleep and I love the way women's clothes feel. To me it is a stress reliever. I am not gay, just enjoy dressing. Welcome to the forum. Until I found this place, I was not aware of how many men loved to dress. I thought I was weird and had guilty feelings.

Delilah

Raychel
11-17-2007, 06:08 AM
Her answer? "I love you." Sort of, "Thanks for telling me. You are still the person I am in love with and always will be." So there...

But she had no questions, no pondering, no showing pity or disgust or disapproval. Just love. ...

I am very happy that all is going well for you. But I have to tell you that my first thoought from her reaction is.
She already knew
:hugs:

Carla4Guage
11-17-2007, 07:16 AM
I strongly recommend that you, when the time is right, verify how she feels. I know you know what she said, but is that her true feelings. The GG section of this forum has been a Godsend for my wife and maybe your SO will benefit from it also. I wish you all the best in the future.

Gisele
11-17-2007, 07:30 AM
I am so happy for the both of you.:hugs:

It's the best feeling to have that all in the open now.

Just take it slow around your wife and she will be your best girlfriend. I know, mine is.

Mitch23
11-17-2007, 07:30 AM
Well done you - and big hug to her. She probably has thousands of questions stored away and she will when she's ready. My wife is still asking questions and seeking reassurance 6 months on

mitch

ericalynncd
11-17-2007, 08:12 AM
I came out to my wife last nite. It went alot better than I expected. We were having a conversation about gender and told her I could be both, that I crossdress. She was suprisingly accepting, before the conversation was over we had found ourselves at walmart picking out clothes and makeup. My wife still loves me and is now in a happier place as am I, she now has a new friend to go shopping with and I dont have to keep secrets from her. She told me if I look better than her I would have to stop...lol

Jocelyn Quivers
11-17-2007, 11:50 AM
Congragulations! There's nothing greater than finaly coming out to your wife, and having her accept it. I'm sure it feels like the weight of the world is off your shoulders. :happy:

Brenda121
11-17-2007, 12:01 PM
Good for you QZ2! I have been dressing for only a few months and am still trying to get the nerve to tell the wife. Here it is 4:42 A.M. and I am in the basement in a Bra, panties and pajamas. Couldn't sleep and I love the way women's clothes feel. To me it is a stress reliever. I am not gay, just enjoy dressing. Welcome to the forum. Until I found this place, I was not aware of how many men loved to dress. I thought I was weird and had guilty feelings.

Delilah

Sounds like me,sure would be nice to tell my SO but I have been doing this for 47 years why change:sad::sad::sad:Welcome to the forum. Good luck:happy:

Chari
11-17-2007, 12:27 PM
One small step for QZ2, another large life burden removed! Also accolades to your understanding wife! Continue to go slowly and compliment her often as there is alot to learn from both sides. :2c:

Hugs2U, Chari

Darla in Pa.
11-17-2007, 02:48 PM
It's only been a few months since I told my wife, and everything is going great. This morning she was getting dressed to go shopping with her mom and sister, and and comes out and asks me do you have a white turtle neck. Which I don't, I'm still shaking my head over that. I would have never expected her to be so accepting. But it is probably the least shocking thing I have put her through in 26 years. Lol Darla

Nicole Erin
11-17-2007, 03:11 PM
Yeah it is quite seldom that a woman will leave her man over CD'ing. Usually, other things came into play.

Honestly, the biggest fear a CD should have about having his wife know is this - she will be stealing/using his pantyhose, clothes, makeup, skin care products...

That is normally the worst thing that happens. I have spent plenty of cash for things for Erin, only to have my wife end up with it... :rolleyes:

So my advice - even if the wife knows all about it, you should still hide your femme stuff really well. :heehee:

I guess nothing really changes.

trannie T
11-17-2007, 08:43 PM
What kind of flowers are you bringing home Monday?

joann426
11-17-2007, 09:25 PM
i go along with every one i to came out to my wife one day when we were traveling i told her that i want to wear womens clothes and she said (why) then i told he they felt better than mens and i watched her dressed for maney years and i loved her brasand tops that she wore but now i have my own and we go shopping together if she just buy me some new tops :heehee:
joann:love:

joann426
11-17-2007, 09:32 PM
boy mitch you really look greay and you can go any where dressed and nobody will know

kim85
11-18-2007, 05:41 AM
congrats on telling your wife :hugs: glad it went so well for you

TxKimberly
11-18-2007, 08:43 AM
Congrats!
I wish everyone could have this sort of freedom from worry and fear. I told my wife about a week into our marriage (20 years ago) and my life has done nothing but improve, and I don't mean just crossdressing. It's amazing how much your mental attitude and self respect improve when someone you love knows your little secret and still loves you. Sigh . . .