PDA

View Full Version : tips

rachel dress
11-17-2007, 03:28 PM
i am new at this. i like some good tips. rachel dress

Nicole Erin
11-17-2007, 03:40 PM
So you are brand new to dressing and want to know what to buy, clothing sizes, etc?

I remember trying to learn about CD'ing and stuff and there were not really any good books about it. back in 96

Ruth
11-17-2007, 04:07 PM
If you want to know anything, ask a question. The more specific you are, the better answers you will get. There's a lot of people with a lot of knowledge about CDing here, but they're not mind-readers.
You're welcome here, honestly, but you have to ask for what you need.

rachel dress
11-17-2007, 04:23 PM
i like to know about makeup and shoes. rachel dress.

docrobbysherry
11-17-2007, 04:30 PM
i like to know about makeup and shoes. rachel dress.

Rachel, your size is very important. I am ladies size 10.5 or 11. With normal width. I can shoes almost anywhere. If u r 10.5 or under, with average width, u CAN get shoes anywhere! If u have xtra wide, or size 12 or bigger, u will be limited on where to shoe shop!
I can even order from Fredericks and other mail order shoe places, and usually get ones that fit OK.
RS

www.myspace.com/robertsherry

trannie T
11-17-2007, 08:33 PM
Many mail order catalogs have fairly comprehensive size charts. Marie Claire and Allure magazines have loads of makeup information. Add one to two sizes to your male shoe size to get your female size. If you wear over a women's size 12 as I do, good luck.

GypsyKaren
11-17-2007, 08:41 PM
You can buy a nicely stocked make-up kit at Walgreens for $12 or so, just play with it and try out different shades and looks till you find something you like.

Karen Starlene

rachel dress
11-17-2007, 09:24 PM
thank you for all the tips.rachel dress

Nicole Erin
11-17-2007, 10:30 PM
Yeah getting started trying to learn about makeup is not real easy.
But yes, at first you want to buy some inexpensive makeup just for practice.
It can still look good, but as we all know, "entry level" equipment should not be expensive.
The hardest thing to apply at first is eyeliner. You get used to having a sharp pencil that close to your eye....

So here is a crash course in makeup -

Brushes - Most makeups that need them come with one, but the brushes suck and are WAY too tiny. YOu will need a good large brush for your powder.

Concealer - covers particularly bad spots, and might hide the beard better. Pick color close to face color.

Foundation - You need to pick as close a color as possible to your face tone.
I recommend "cream" instead of liquid. Liquid is thin and messy.

Powder - Less shades available, but pick one close in color to your foundation. Loose powder is easier to work with than pressed powder, however, loose powder can be messier to work with. I like the loose.

Blush - Find one more reddish than pink. Pressed POWDER blush is easier to work with than cream. Cream is less forgiving and tends to go on too thick.
Apply the blush with a large brush [not the same one you use for your powder] and apply it close to the cheekbones. It is tricky, just DO NOT apply it too low on the cheeks cause that can ruin everything as far as looks.

Lipstick - Color is up to the user, but keep in mind that bright red is a beginner color, and is more fetish than anything.

Lipliner - It is good for shaping the lips exactly as you want, but it is not necessary. Pick the same color as your lipstick unless you are going for a different look.

Eyeliner - black or brown. Use a pencil one instead of a liquid one. Liquid tends to go on too thick.

Eyeshadow - Once again, powder instead of cream. You can always build up powder, and cream tends to blotch on too thick if you are not real careful. For the colors, stick to earth tones for now. And NEVER use blue eyeshadow. It is way outdated, and like red lipstick, it is too fetish.

Mascara - I don't know much about these, I imagine they are all pretty much the same. You may need a lash comb to separate the lashes, depending on if the mascara clumps badly.

for shoes - yeah if you are a 9.5 men's like me, an 11 seems to fit well. My foot is normal width. So whatever your men size, add 1.5 - 2 for the equivelent women's.

Well, some of the girls here might not agree with some of my preferences of makeup, and what i wrote is based on my own experience. It is hard to find decent books about makeup, in fact, the only one I ever liked was called "Woman's face" by Kim Johnson Gross. I think the best place to find out about the best colors would be a makeup consultant. Most like a Mary Kay rep are good, and they will not give you any problems about being CD. They are interested in selling product more than anything.

windycissy
11-17-2007, 10:58 PM
Visit my blog, Ask Windy Cissy (http://snurl.com/askwindy), where you will find many questions and answers

rachel dress
11-18-2007, 01:46 AM
mille erin thank you four all the good tips.
ilike you to right me back.rachel dress