PDA

View Full Version : Sis meets Dawn, three big surprises!

Dawn D.
11-17-2007, 04:22 PM
This is an update to a thread that I originally posted a while back. If you want to kow the background here is the link, http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65439

My Sister in Law arrived for her extended stay with my Wife and I last thursday. Up to the very day of her arrival I really had not been sure how or even IF I would tell her about Dawn. My Dear Wife and I have had countless conversations on how best to approach this matter and each time we would come away undecided.

So, last evening being Friday, and that means it is our usual allocated day that we do our fingernail painting and manicures, my Wife had thankfully prewarned Sis that we do this regularly and that she was free to participate ar not.....her choice. Sis was very excited at the opportunity to participate and did so!

That was surprise number one.

As we are all three working on our nails and just chit chating, there is a knock on the front door. It happens to be my Mother coming over for a visit. Not really a big deal because she already knows about me painting my nails regularly. She does not know about Dawn. She comes in, takes a seat at the table and joins in the conversation. All the while she is watching me do my nails and giggling about it. Everyone just continues on when Sis finally says to everyone in general that she thinks it is "just incredibly fantastic that a husband actually likes doing something with his wife that is not normally something a man would do" (nails). At this point my mother opened her mouth laughing "yeah, and I'll bet you have a wig too". Without missing a beat my response was "Yes, I do. As a matter of fact I have three!"

That was surprise number two.

And now for surprise number three!

Well, you might imagine that it got a little awkward at this point. But you would be wrong. Well, ok, it got awkward for Mom. As I then asked her "Is there anything else you would like to know?" Her reply was a resounding "NO!" Not long afterwards she kindly excused herself and retreated home. As soon as she was out the door, I knew in my own mind this was it......I am not letting this moment get away. I turned to my Sister in Law and asked "Have you ever known anyone that is considered Transgendered?" Immediatly her reply was "Yes". I then told her that I also am Transgendered. From this point she was facinated, thrilled and unbelievably understanding. After all of her questions were answered by both me and my Dear Wife, there came a breif moment of silence. I could no longer stand it, I point blank asked her if she would like to meet Dawn? She did not bat an eye, she said, " absolutley! When? It was getting fairly late by then, but , I asked my Wife, "do you think I have enough time? She said, "sure, go for it."

At this point I am going to shorten it up a little. I can go over the details with everyone if you ask. I just have to say that first when I revealed Dawn to Sis, it was one of the most beautiful moments in my life. As I came around the corner, I looked at her, she looked at me, her mouth almost seemed to hit the floor as she gasped and said " You're gorgeous!!!" " I cannot believe it" she said. She jumped up, nearly at a run, reaching me, we embraced in a sisterly type hug. Well, of course I was absolutely in heaven. The rest of the evening the three of us were making plans for shopping trips...en femme of course and out of town weekend trips as well. We're even planning to see a couple of plays at the local theaters all going as sisters!

It is going to be a fabulous four months! And, a whole new life for my Wife and I since we now know others can know about this and enjoy it too! Though, we will be very cautious in who gets the honor of knowing.

Thanks for listening ladies and I hope that everyone who has not had as open a relationship as mine has developed into, gets that opportunity and joy!

Dawn

Claudia Zylindrias
11-17-2007, 04:42 PM
Thats fantastic, good for you. But i bet your mom is still wondering or reeling from the conformation.

Mitch23
11-17-2007, 04:46 PM
wow - what a beautiful story - I am so happy for you that I got quite emotional - indeed life cannot get any better! I will be interested to hear how mum copes!

Mitch

Raychel
11-17-2007, 04:53 PM
Wow, This really sounds like a dream come true. Well maybe not for you mother. But certainly for you anyway.

DonnaT
11-17-2007, 06:17 PM
Very nice, congratulations on having such a wonderful sister, and wife!

Shelly Preston
11-17-2007, 06:28 PM
H Dawn

I think you need to have some sort of dialog with your mom if only to reassure her she may be thinking all sorts

I am so glad it all went well with your sister in law

Victoria Anne
11-17-2007, 06:55 PM
WOW Dawn that is just so wonderful , I am so happy for you.

janelle
11-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Thats awesome girl!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometime relatives can really surprise us. Good luck.

Janelle

Mollyanne
11-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Hi Dawn, Cudos to you and your wife!!!!! Isn't it thrilling knowing that your wife not knows about Dawn but supports and participates as well. Congratulations to you and her(wife).

:love: Mollyanne

Brenda1423
11-17-2007, 08:03 PM
I could only dream!!!!

That is so great for you. You'll have to let us know more as the next 4 months pass by.

trannie T
11-17-2007, 08:13 PM
A great story! Congratulations on your sister in law and all my sympathy to your poor mom. Please let us know of your adventures with your sister in law and how mom is coping.

goofus
11-18-2007, 01:13 AM
That's great, Dawn! Sounds like your relationship with your wife and sister-in-law will become stronger than ever :happy:

Suzie S.
11-18-2007, 05:04 AM
Dawn I'm very happy for you! :happy: Glad things progressed so well!

Sandra
11-18-2007, 05:18 AM
Dawn

Firstly you do need to have a little chat with your mum, allsorts of things could be going through her mind.

Secondly I'm glad things went the way they did sounds like you've got an ok sister in law there

Dawn D.
11-19-2007, 12:20 PM
Thanks to you all for your kind words and encouragement. If it was not for all the caring support from the wonderful girls on this site, none of the experiences nor this continued journey would be possible.

After reading a couple of the posts in this thread concerning coming forth to my mother, well, I brought your concerns to my Wife and Sis. They both agree that I need to inform her of what is happening. I have decided that that is indeed what I will do. It may happen in the next day or so. It may happen over this long weekend upcoming. It is just a matter of timing.

I will inform you all of the outcome. She traditionally has not been an individual that has a very open mind of things different that her perception of normal. Although, I am now determined to throw open the closet door that has kept her out. Maybe, she will be more receptive than I anticipate. I will keep positive thoughts and hope for the best. Thanks again, everyone.

Dawn