PDA

View Full Version : I was almost caught too

Kim_Bitzflick
11-17-2007, 08:16 PM
I was almost caught too... 3time in the same trip!!

I was out (en femme) last Saturday. I went to the mall to see a movie and buy some pants. I walked into the mall and I was bout 50 feet inside the doors following the flow of traffic when I looked up in front of me and I saw a co-worker walking in front of me. His back was to me so I just slowed down a little and let him walk ahead (whew!)

That little minor disaster averted, I continued on and I was walking slow and gazing at the clothing in the windows in a store further down the mall. As I looked up to watch were I was walking a female co-worker walked right past me !! (facing me - she had to see a glimpse of my face! - OH NO). But she didn't stop and neither did I. Disaster #2 avoided.

Later near the end of my day, I was finishing a purchase at Wal-Mart and as I walked out, I passeed another co-worker coming in. He got a good look because out of the corner of my eye I saw him glance back (Oh S**T).

Fortunately he did not catch up with me or anything.

On the bright side, the movie was fun and I found a nice pair of jeans.

Sinthia
11-17-2007, 09:38 PM
Two silver linings . . . and no rain clouds. Sounds like a great trip.

P.S. And if you had been recognized, so what. You have every right to dress as you choose.

Brenda1423
11-17-2007, 10:12 PM
For me, it'd be better for a coworker to catch me than my wife. I wish I could go out shopping and only worry about that. I guess it's all reative.

You are a great looking lady. It's no wonder you attract glances.

JenniferR771
11-17-2007, 10:37 PM
I was traveling wearing jeans, wig, heels, earrings, light makeup. Got some gas. Went in the convenience store carrying purse. Store was loaded with deer hunters. This guy stared at me--like he had never seen a blond woman wearing jeans and high heel boots before. Made me nervous. I left.

Karren H
11-17-2007, 10:40 PM
Sounds like your either CDing too close to home... Or you want to get caught... And could care less about the implications.... As Forest says... Stupid is as Stupid does... Hahahaha

livy_m_b
11-18-2007, 08:02 AM
Chances are they could have looked directly at you and not recognized you - that's how powerful gender is as a determinant of perception. Congratulations! :)

carolinewalker_2000
11-18-2007, 10:01 AM
Now either you work somewhere that employs one hell of a lot of people, or you just got damned unlucky!!! Glad you seem to have got away unscathed!

Mitch23
11-18-2007, 10:11 AM
I've walked straight past my brother in law, and a large group of my work colleagues and not been recognized. cool but nerve wracking! Probably many other times where i did not register friends, coworkers and relatives. I sometimes think i must be invisible

mitch

Mitch

Kim_Bitzflick
11-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Now either you work somewhere that employs one hell of a lot of people, or you just got damned unlucky!!! Glad you seem to have got away unscathed!

Caroline,

I work in a place with about 200 people BUT usually when I go to this mall (in drab or femme) I never see anyone I know (except who I go with).

Hard to firgure. I'm not good with statistics so I couldn't tell you the chance of that happening again.

Kim_Bitzflick
11-18-2007, 12:48 PM
For me, it'd be better for a coworker to catch me than my wife. I wish I could go out shopping and only worry about that. I guess it's all reative.

You are a great looking lady. It's no wonder you attract glances.

Brenda,

Thanks for the compliment.

VickyMI
11-18-2007, 01:19 PM
I seriously doubt they would recognize you. Unless you are not wearing a wig and that is your real hair in your picture. I never worry about seeing someone I work with or a relative while out in public.

Vicky

SherriePall
11-18-2007, 02:57 PM
At least you got a nice pair of jeans out of the trip. That's all that counts.

collette01
11-19-2007, 12:15 PM
I often stop at my local filling station to fill up with petrol on my way somewhere dressed, on Thursday evening I stopped at a large super market to fill up on the way to a dinner party. Last month I was in Exeter going to have my nails done and as I was going into the store a friend worked right by me without the slightest hint of recognition.

Collette

Kristen Marie
11-19-2007, 01:30 PM
I am willing to be they would not recognize you if they looked straight at you. I have been with people dressed as Kristen for a couple of hours, then changed back to guy mode and stopped in to say goodby, and they did not recognize me. And to have someone who dresses not recognize you is amazing.

Angie G
11-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Living on the edge hun you go girl :hugs:
Angie