PDA

View Full Version : To be Filed under the Heading: Don't FIB.

Phyliss
11-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Don't FIB ,... or... YOU WILL be found out.
Background: This past Monday a "big box" lumber store had their "official grand opening" this past Monday in a newly built mall. There also happens to be a Fashion Bug in this mall. So I just had to check it out while heading to the lumber yard. (What happened was, they had moved out of an existing mall at the other end of town, to a better location) Looked around to find something that I might like to have. Surprisingly nothing appealed to just then, but I did have a 40% off discount card that was burning a hole in my purse. So, being a nice husband I decided to pick up a top and pair of pants for my wife. To wear for Thanksgiving dinner at my daughters house.
Side story here: while checking out with the items, some customer ( I guess trying to be a "smart mouth") says something to the effect that she thought it would look good on me. (Honey you picked on the wrong person) My reply "Oh no, it wouldn't, much too big for me, I usually shop in the Misses section, this is a plus for my wife." Not wanting to be so easily defeated she continues by pointing to a red nylon "baby doll" set of PJs complete with "faux fur" trim in white. "Perhaps that cute little number would be nice." (Time to go for the kill and get rid of her) , "Normally I don't much care for spagetti straps, but seeing it I think it might work for my "out call service", or at least when I entertain, others." BINGO, that did it. A polite smile and "have a nice day" and she was gone. The S.A. behind the counter was barely able to stand she was laughing so hard. My sides hurt a bit too afterwards.
Checked out with the top and pants and headed home with my present. Small problem (literally) wife usually wears "petite" size and I picked up regular. Clothes were too long. Tried figuring how to shorten them, but finally decided to return the things and see about exchange.

Here's the main part of the story and the reason for the title of the post

So, today we head over there so she might find something she liked. Walk in and get greeted with a pair of huge smiles from two of the S.A.s who know me. I smile back and we "chit chat" a moment with the usual "how've you been, haven't seen you in awhile, looking for anything special for yourself?" type of comments. From behind a neaby rack I hear "I know that voice" and around the corner comes the Mgr and she gives me a "big ole hug" saying, " I keep missing you everytime your here. What do you need hon?" I explain why I'm there to make the exchange or possibly a return. Turning to my wife she says, "Come with me dear, I'll take good care of you." Looking at me she says "While we go look you can put the things on the counter and we'll see what we can find." Heading to the register counter I see two other S.A.s I know and who "know" about me. One says to me. "That skirt you got for Halloween, how did that work out?" I told her it was just fine.
An already too long of a story made short, wife didn't find anything she liked, so I made a simple return.

When we were in the car, I mention to my wife, "I'm glad I don't fib about my dressing, That little scence just now would have raised a whole load of questions, that would be very difficult to explain." A little smile from her and she says "Yes it would"

Just gotta love 'em

JoanFlores
11-18-2007, 08:03 AM
That was great, I wish I could find a place with SA like that.

Raychel
11-18-2007, 08:28 AM
Great story Phyliss, Thanks for sharing it with us.

carolinewalker_2000
11-18-2007, 10:08 AM
It is really encouraging to hear how supportive some wives can be.

sissystephanie
11-18-2007, 12:29 PM
It is really encouraging to hear how supportive some wives can be.

Not only supportive wife, but also very considerate SA's! What more could a CD ask for?:love:

Sissy/Stephanie

More Girl than man sometimes

Phyliss
11-18-2007, 07:35 PM
Well, ladies, it's not that my wife is "supportive" more like "put up withative" (if that can be thought of as a word)
She doesn't really encourage me at all and has said to me that if I want to buy womens clothes I have to buy them myself, because she won't. That's ok with me, she'd probably get the wrong size anyhow. :heehee:

Wenda
11-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Great story, and I wholeheartedly agree about fibbing. For my part, my memory is just not good enought to lie about most things. At my stage in life. if someone doesn't like something that I do, to hell with it. I just let them change directions, away from me. w.

megan163
11-20-2007, 02:42 AM
Love the story. The best exchange was with that nosy shopper. Wish I had that kind of confidence to go toe-to-toe with nosy hecklers when they happen. Way to go girl.

Karren H
11-20-2007, 08:03 AM
Well the coralary is

"If and only if your SO tolleration is greater than zero, fibbing equals zero, else if SO tolleration is less than or equal to zero, than fibbing may be greater than 0. Likewise if fibbing = 0 and tolleration = 0, separation is potentially greater than 0"

An unpopular and un-natural law of crossdressing......

Karren

Phyliss
11-21-2007, 03:22 AM
Well the coralary is

"If and only if your SO tolleration is greater than zero, fibbing equals zero, else if SO tolleration is less than or equal to zero, than fibbing may be greater than 0. Likewise if fibbing = 0 and tolleration = 0, separation is potentially greater than 0"

An unpopular and un-natural law of crossdressing......

Karren

Spoken like a true engineer..... I guess, :heehee:

Megan, it's not so much "confidence" as "just not wanting to be bullied anymore"
Quite a few years ago I was in a store (The one that has "lower prices always" ) and bought some undies. When checking out (this one didn't have selfsevice aisles at the time) I just know in my heart the gal at the register intentionally rang them up wrong, and had to call for a "price check" (Price check on pantys heard over the store intercom is a nightmare) Something made me stand my ground, but I did feel a bit embarrassed at the time, and I'm sure that gal was having herself a good chuckle at my expense. Thinking about the incident later I came up with at least 1000 things I "shoulda woulda coulda" said, but didn't.
Since that happened, I've resolved to myself "I shall not let that happen again"
When driving from one job to the next I have a bit of time to think and have rehearsed many different scenes in my head of "things" I could say. from the "snotty check out girl" to the "nosey shopper". Each one being a bit different. Could be the quite positive answer or, the "in your face" retort.
Not that I'm gonna sashay down main st in my undies to shock people, but I've reached that point (Thanks to all here) where what I purchase is my business, and if somebody makes a snide comment, then they should be ready for an answer to match.