PDA

View Full Version : My Dolls

wannabie
11-17-2007, 10:19 PM
Did anyone here ever play with dolls when they were younger?

Karren H
11-17-2007, 10:34 PM
I disliked dols and GI Joes or action figures... Anyway..... why would I want to play with dolls when I could play with mom lingerie and clothes and heels!! Hahaha

Katelyn
11-17-2007, 10:38 PM
I don't think so. Well, maybe once or twice with some friends that were girls. I have started collecting them now however...

Mary Morgan
11-17-2007, 11:12 PM
When I was a youngster, we played cowboys. I of course always volunteered to be the wife or damsel in distress.

trannie T
11-17-2007, 11:16 PM
I had a teddy bear, no dolls, no GI Joes.

GypsyKaren
11-17-2007, 11:59 PM
I still do, I have Bonnie O'Reilly, she's my Raggedy Ann doll, and Miss Abigail Beecher, plus I have Fluffy Dog who goes with me everywhere, my giraffe Jeepers, about 20 or so teddy bears, and 4 Hello Kitty's.

Karen Starlene

Daintre
11-18-2007, 12:23 AM
Well I do have 2 Barbie dolls, I have my ALF plushie, and 4 penguins (cuddly like teddy bears). My ALF has been by far my most prized, dear friend for many years.

Taffy
11-18-2007, 12:25 AM
I still do and I have over 60 18" softbody vinyl playdolls...

Joni T
11-18-2007, 02:06 AM
I had GI Joes. Wish I still had 'em.
Joni

Suzie S.
11-18-2007, 05:51 AM
I did the GI Joe thing, I also remember having the 'Six-Million-Dollar-Man'. Mostly though, I was a Tonka Truck kid! :thumbsup:

I think it's funny though... For girls they are called dolls, for boys they are called action figures! :silly:

sarahdavids
11-18-2007, 06:27 AM
I had more stuffed animals, but I did have a bad habit of stealing my sisters barbies. She got mad at me at first, but after awhile, she stared playing with me with them.

That's actually one of my fonder childhood memories

Jere Oneil
11-18-2007, 07:38 AM
I played with dolls most of the time until I was around 9 years old. I even had my own drink and wet doll. Most of my playmates were girls, and I sometimes wore a dress when we played. The first time I did that, my cousin said I couldn't be my doll's mommy because I was a boy, so I asked if I could wear one of her dresses.

Joy Carter
11-18-2007, 07:43 AM
I still play with a doll.

If you get my drift.:heehee:

Jordan
11-18-2007, 07:51 AM
No can't say that I did

Marla S
11-18-2007, 08:20 AM
Had Big Jim and Barby.

Dawn Marie
11-18-2007, 10:10 AM
When I was younger I used to go to my 3 girl cousins house a stay the weeknend and we would always play with their dolls. I did for a time collect porcelien dolls, but gave them all away about 15 years ago. I had about 25. It seems I always got along better with my female cousins than I did the boys. And still do to this day.

Violetgray
11-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Barbie was the recipient of a horrible fate in my childhood! G.I. Joe decided she was a freak because she was so tall, and so G.I. Joe and Cobra banded together to put her in the easybake oven! (all this at my babysitter's daughter's room)

And it would not be the last time that Barbie would suffer such torment..

hehe I was a disturbed little boy/girl thing..:jumping:

Lisa Golightly
11-18-2007, 12:20 PM
I had Sindy and Barbie dolls when I was younger. I much prefer bears though and have some very expensive ones sitting around the bedroom.

charllote34
11-18-2007, 12:49 PM
I did once saw a Barbie doll in half for a magic show if that counts , and i did dress my action man (gi joe) in a barbie dress and was discovered doing so by my aunt!

jasmine57
11-18-2007, 01:13 PM
i'm kind of like Karen. I was digging through mom's lingerie instead of play with dolls.

christine722
11-18-2007, 01:22 PM
I did have a doll I played with and kept it hidden away in a box with my Tonka Trucks. Don't remember anything special about it, only remember it had a pink dress.

LilSissyStevie
11-18-2007, 01:40 PM
Playing dolls with my sisters was my introduction to crossdressing. One of their "rules" was that only girls could play dolls, so I had to wear one of my sisters' dresses when I played with them. I did all the boy stuff, too. I had toy trucks, those little plastic toy soldiers and a bb gun. I preferred being a girl, though.

Veronica 1
11-18-2007, 02:11 PM
I used to play dolls with my sister and her friends but not for many years now, though I do have an ever growing collection of plush, stuffed unicorns now.

docrobbysherry
11-18-2007, 02:19 PM
As a kid, I was either out exploring, getting into trouble, or making model airplanes, etc. I think when I was young, models were one of the things little boys did for quiet time activity instead of dolls. My little sister was interested in horses, so we didn't have many dolls around the house.

Interestingly, enough, a couple of readers on this site have decribed some of the incarnations of Sherry, as looking like, " Barbie", or, " a blow doll"! Maybe thet r rite!?
RS

www.myspace.com/robertsherry

Michelle 51
11-18-2007, 04:51 PM
i'm kind of like Karen. I was digging through mom's lingerie instead of play with dolls.

Same here luv justabit

jessbcuzz
11-18-2007, 10:32 PM
I did every now and then with my sisters.

michellebesweet
11-18-2007, 10:55 PM
Haha, I am just kidding. No dolls for me, I was a deprived little girl growning up.

Kate Simmons
11-19-2007, 03:10 AM
I had younger brothers and sisters who had Barbies and GI Joes (this was the 1960's). I used to created scenerios. One of my favorites was when I dressed Joey in Barbie's clothes and he went to the draft board that way so he wouldn't have to go to Nam (I didn't have the guts to follow through in real life). The other thing I used to do was have them fight. In a knock down, drag out Barbie would win every time. This was based on what I saw on The Avengers with Emma Peel. In any event, it was a way of acting out my feelings.:happy:

Sophster GG
11-19-2007, 10:59 AM
I love playing with barbie's when I was younger.. Me & My best friend Debbie played with them until we were about ten or eleven. You don't catch kids that age doing that nowadays though, do you!

Oh how the times change!

Donna tv
11-19-2007, 05:09 PM
I did not have any dolls but envied the girls in the neighborhood that would play dolls. Secretly of course. I was fasinated with Barbie.

Samantha43
11-19-2007, 06:25 PM
I had a Big Jim with a stunt motorcycle.

Does my wife count? Her name is Barbie.

Charolette time
11-19-2007, 06:28 PM

I sure did ,I was a little strang when I was young, I used too take firecrackers and put them in the panties and cabooooom::::: older now no more fire works:devil:just a lot of panties, :drink:Charolette

Angie G
11-19-2007, 08:58 PM
Never have hun :hugs:
Angie

ronna
11-19-2007, 09:08 PM
we had little "trolls" that we used to sew clothes for and none of knew they weren't for boys, now I have paper dolls that I never had the pleasure of knowing

KirstyChibiMoon
11-19-2007, 10:31 PM
i love to still play with my dollies :)
i still have one of my first baby dollies that i stole from my cousin when i was 7 or 8 years old! <<giggles>>
she was not using her anymore at the time...
i named her elizabeth after my cousin beth.

anyone else still like dollies?

Billiemarie
11-20-2007, 08:57 AM
Not sure want age I was but somewhere in those golden days of yesteryear I had a lot of comic books including the orginal issue of superman and batman. Well in there somewhere they had cutout dolls that had paper clothes with little tabs that you bent over your main figure and dressed them.
I played dressing up my little charactors for hours.
Now I just play dressing myself up.
:cute:

wannabie
11-21-2007, 11:00 PM
I was thinking of redoing my bedroom (something in lavender), and since I live alone I wanted to put a shelf up with a few Barbie dolls and some teddy bears.

Although I never played with Barbie's I Think it would be fun to have some around.

Jammie Lyann
11-22-2007, 02:36 AM
I had a Doll, she looked like sherlly tempel, with a baby blue ruffled swim suit on. had her for about 3 or 4 month before my step dad found her :sad:
Anyhow yes I have played with dolls, I collect Teddy Bears,
an if memory serves me right I believe Im guilty of raiding mothers underwear drawer an time or too.

Sarah Plumber
11-27-2007, 08:42 AM
Action Man spent quite a bit of his time in Sindy's clothes...My sister used to complain about them being in my room!! He'd use them as a disguise before changing back into his combats and shooting up the world!

My wife has a large collection of china dolls and as we have just "feminised" our bedroom I've got a couple next to my bed now........

Vivian Best
11-27-2007, 09:05 AM

You've got to be kidding! When I was the age to play with dolls a boy didn't do things like that. If you did it, you did it in private. There weren't girls in the house until I was a teenager. Good question tho!

Toni Shelton
11-27-2007, 09:48 AM
Every time my dad wasn't home. He caught me once, I didn't let him catch me again. I have 6 dolls now. I Love my Dolls. I guess I am still a little girl at heart.

Bethany_Anne_Fae
11-27-2007, 01:31 PM
I had GI Joes. Wish I still had 'em.
Joni

I still have mine ;) All 8 of them and the Adventure team headquarters.

Its hard to give up the things that meant something to us in our lives.

Bonnie D
11-27-2007, 02:06 PM
I am the eldest of 4 boys so there were no dolls or anything girls would play with in our house and I had an image to maintain. I was very sports oriented but secretly wanted to skip rope with the girls, I wanted to play dress up with dolls, I wanted to play dressup with actual clothes, I wanted to learn to sew, crochet, needlepoint, knit, cook and bake. But I didn't. When my daughter was young and my wife was busy I would help my daughter change her Barbie's outfits. I enjoyed it more than anyone thought.

Bonnie

Lawren
11-27-2007, 07:17 PM
I don't recall ever playing with dolls but a few years ago I started collecting them.

Jessika Paige
11-28-2007, 04:46 AM
i did, i did! just one really. cant remember her name but she played disks you put in her back...kinda like a mini cherry 2000. parents have a pic of me sleeping with her on my pillow.

RuthieER
11-28-2007, 10:17 AM
I didn't play with dolls as a child, but I wanted to. I knew it was not something boys were supposed to do, so I kept that desire quiet. I did have a little Christmas elf doll when I was 8 or so; that was as close to a doll as I felt I could dare to go. When I came out as a CD I gradually acquired some plushies and a rag doll. Then I got an American Girl doll, Samantha, and that let the flood gates open. I now have over a dozen 18" play dolls, and display and play with them a great deal, making up for lost time when I was younger. I see my fascination with dolls as an extension of my TG identity.

Ruthie

CatAttack
11-28-2007, 11:22 AM
i dont think i was every really interested in dolls or action figures. i was a legos kid all the way! also i'd like to make it clear that legos are better than megablocks. way better.

i had a lot of stuffed animals though!

fuzzybe
12-12-2007, 02:36 PM
I played with Barbies when every a girl would as me too. I also had some "My little ponys". But that my be a different issue.

Victoria Anne
12-12-2007, 07:01 PM
you bet I did , evry chance I could get away with it I was playing with doll's and tea parties ,I still have more stuffed toys than I can count and my teddy bear wears a dress . In fact my truck is done in cherry wood and has a rasberry regalia acent wall in back (its more of a pink) and several teddy bears , a friend says its way to femme , I love it.

Ðarissa
12-12-2007, 07:36 PM
I used to play with GI Joes and had the sports camper and dumb ski slope thing. I also had a Stretch Armstrong at one point. I wanted a Barbie doll but that wasn't possible and I had no sisters so there wasn't any girly toys around at all. One time my cousin left her Barbie at my house and I played with it for a few days in my room. Then my cousin came over and wanted it back. I never got to play with Barbie since. :(

The only girly toy thinghy I had when I was a kid was an easy bake oven. LOL

LynnInDenver
12-12-2007, 07:44 PM
My brother and I played with Barbie dolls (he says they were action figures now :P ).

The friend we had over all the time once complained that we were playing with girls' toys, then she blithely went on playing with the toy cars we had. :P

Melissa73
12-12-2007, 11:57 PM
well i was, like most, secretative about my dressing. However, i do recall for x mas one year telling my parents that i wanted a Cababge patch kid. ANd i got one. It was a boy, though. Course, it was the same year my step father got one (it was the sports edition ones).

And a few years later, i got another one.

ANd i recall, as friends came over i would rush to my room and hide them.......