PDA

View Full Version : Yikes! The Pictures

switcheralso
11-18-2007, 07:52 AM
OK…I need a lot of help…when I dress fem m with all my wonderful items I look in the mirror and don’t see the beauty…

I look at the pictures of so many friends on this site and you girls look great…

I have all the right features and when I am a girl I feel sad because I could not pass in public like so many of my friends…

What could I do to become the queen I so desperately want to see in the mirror?:c9:

Marla S
11-18-2007, 08:16 AM
Hard to say without seeing a picture.

But in general:
Don't try to pass, but try to look your best.

If passing is possible for you it will come automatically, if not you still look your best and that's all that counts anyway.
It requires practice, trial and error.

"Disparately" is not a good approach, learn to love yourself instead and you will look beautiful.

Baley
11-18-2007, 08:30 AM
I go out enfem all the time,not even close to passing. I dress and look the best as i can and enjoy every minute of it. Good luck. JUST DO IT!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

TxKimberly
11-18-2007, 08:33 AM
If you haven't already, you might want to get a makepver from someone who works with TG's. Make sure it is understood that you want him/her to teach you, not just do it. Armed with what you learn, you may be able to get closer to the look you want. Also, I think we often have a picture in our mind of what we want to look like, and it may not be realistic. A proffesional can help you find a look that is good for you and your features rather that trying to force a look that is not right for you.

Suzy Harrison
11-18-2007, 08:58 AM
Kim, is right - once you've got the make-up right, then invest in a really good wig and you're well on your way.

Kate Simmons
11-18-2007, 09:15 AM
I look at the whole thing as an artform Hon, nothing more or less and regardless of what you see in the mirror, you are always yourself when all is said and done. The best thing to do in my opinion is to make it a fun thing and I, personally, don't take myself that seriously.:heehee: As far as "passing", Karren Hutton has the best take on it, it's 95% attitude and 5% appearance. Bottom line is what you put in , you get out my friend.;):happy:

Mitch23
11-18-2007, 09:53 AM
just what i was going to say - attitude is the key. people always say to me when they see my pics on this site that I'm sexy and cute. Well that may be but I'm really just a 6'2" skinny guy in a frock that likes to shop and party. Do i give a hoot that I dont pass all the time? no - i just get out there and enjoy myself and find that noone else cares very much either. and if they do then its their problem!

Mitch

carolinewalker_2000
11-18-2007, 10:25 AM
Kim and Suzy are right love. I look anything but convincing when I try to do my own make-up. However, I am fortunate enough to have found a wonderful Makeover service that can make me look like the girl I know I am inside. Check the web, I'm sure you will find a great makeover artist not too far from where you live. Good luck.

Karren H
11-18-2007, 10:55 AM
Passing's over rated.... Just go out enfemme and have fun!! That's what I do!!

MsJanessa
11-18-2007, 11:14 AM
Hard to say without seeing a picture.

But in general:
Don't try to pass, but try to look your best.

If passing is possible for you it will come automatically, if not you still look your best and that's all that counts anyway.
It requires practice, trial and error.

"Disparately" is not a good approach, learn to love yourself instead and you will look beautiful.

Like the girl said---don't "try to pass"--try to look your best the rest will come---also darling you should know that just because a photo looks good doesn't automatically mean the T-girl passes. A few years ago I dated a T-Girl I met on the net who had stunning photos--taken by Jamie Austin who can make even the plainest of Us look great--When she arrived I was disappointed--not so much by her looks but by her mannerism(although she did appear a little heavie than in the photos) She walked like a truck driver and no feminine manners to speak of--still had a good time but was a little bit of a let down--lesson learned--a good photo is nice but is definatly not the whole picture(pun intended)

Rachel Morley
11-18-2007, 11:21 AM
As the others have said having a professional makeover is a great thing to do to find out just what can be achieved at the hands of an expert. :happy:

I don't know how long you have been dressing but in the beginning it's fair to say that we all looked very different to how we look today. It takes time, practice and a lot of figuring out how to hide your bad parts and push forward your good parts. Having skills in applying make up and choosing the right clothes is also something to learn. You can't apply the theory if you don't know the theory.

IMHO two biggest things that have really got to be good are hair and makeup. Many crossdressers spends hundreds and hundreds of dollars on clothes but only have an medium quality wig. Choosing a length, style, and color that suits your face shape and skin tone is important if you want to look pretty. I'm on my forth wig in three years and I think I've only just got it right. :happy:

docrobbysherry
11-18-2007, 02:48 PM
OK…I need a lot of help…when I dress fem m with all my wonderful items I look in the mirror and don’t see the beauty…

I look at the pictures of so many friends on this site and you girls look great…

I have all the right features and when I am a girl I feel sad because I could not pass in public like so many of my friends…

What could I do to become the queen I so desperately want to see in the mirror?:c9:

If u r like me, looks r very important, if I am to be attracted to a woman. I have tried to deal with this curse. I have met some wonderful ladies, but couldn't get past their plain appearance. I even had this same problem with my ex, after she got big.
So, looking in the mirror and seeing an old man in dress, does nothing for me!
When I developed my special faces, Sherry came into being, and Robert was completely gone! Sherry can never pass, and many of her pics r unflattering.
However, I SEE A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN in the mirror and in her pics. This may not work for u, or for most CD's, but it sure does for me!
RS

www.myspace.com/robertsherry

Nicole Erin
11-18-2007, 02:57 PM
Here is something many people forget about looks and photos -
When you see an image of someone, what you are normally looking at is the best photo(s) they made during a shoot. I am not talking about photoshopped.

Some people look better in pictures than in person, and some folks the other way around.
Myself, I think I look better in person cause I take horrible photos.

On the other hand, I have had friends that look VERY good in a photo, but in person they don't look as good. This concept is why advertising works so well. Companies know that a person/object can look better on paper than in person

The above applies for all people and things, not just CD's

windycissy
11-18-2007, 03:21 PM
IMHO two biggest things that have really got to be good are hair and makeup. Many crossdressers spends hundreds and hundreds of dollars on clothes but only have an medium quality wig. Choosing a length, style, and color that suits your face shape and skin tone is important if you want to look pretty. I'm on my forth wig in three years and I think I've only just got it right. :happy:

I agree with Rachel on spending a bit more for the right wig, makes all the difference...finding clothes that look good on you gets easier once you have enough confidence to go shopping en femme. For every skirt, top or dress I buy, I'll been I've tried on half a dozen that I rejected because they didn't flatter my "figure". Of course, real women do the same thing.

CharleneCD
11-18-2007, 07:52 PM
Here is something many people forget about looks and photos -
When you see an image of someone, what you are normally looking at is the best photo(s) they made during a shoot. I am not talking about photoshopped.

Some people look better in pictures than in person, and some folks the other way around.
Myself, I think I look better in person cause I take horrible photos.

On the other hand, I have had friends that look VERY good in a photo, but in person they don't look as good. This concept is why advertising works so well. Companies know that a person/object can look better on paper than in person

The above applies for all people and things, not just CD's

Plus on top of that I find that I am always my own worst critic. so you are much better off going for the feeling, rather than the look.

Jazzmine
11-18-2007, 08:24 PM
Most of us have this problem.

The quickest way to overcome it is to ignore your bad points and accentuate your good ones. It's akin to taking your glasses off and seeing a beautiful blur.
Most of us would collapse laughing if we saw ourselves objectively (sad but true!). Which is what makes CD into an art form - we need to find individual work-arounds to cover up our more masculine features. The artistry in this is something to behold and it takes hours/years of practice to become a master illusionist.

So if you want to pass as a woman - join the artists and start studying and practising.

Hugs Jazzmine

Billijo49504
11-18-2007, 11:57 PM
I have a job, passing out samples in a supermarket, and I can tell you, every type of woman is out and about. As long as you haven't got a 5 o'clock shadow and try your best to look good, you shouldn't have a problem. But, you might look like a ugly woman. LOL....BJ

Lori SC
11-19-2007, 08:58 PM
They say clothes make the woman, but it's not just the clothes. It's how you put everything together that makes the difference - and some of the things are subtle indeed!

Women have been doing this for years, they emphasize their strong points (big breasts maybe) and deemphasize their weak ponts (big hips maybe).

Cds have to do the same thing. It's a combination of hair style, makeup, clothes, color, jewelry.

When out, it's how you move, how you interact with people.

In photos, it's the pose (VERY important) and good technical picture skills - plus a LOT of pictures to get the better ones.

In each aspect there are things to learn, but I've learned a lot just by trying things, and if I like the result, I try it again. If I don't like the result - I try something different.

Practice!

Also, you could post some pics on the site, and I'm sure you will get plenty of comments to improve your look.... but you might be better off if you had some friends nearby who could give you some good advice.

One thing we could all do, is lose weight! Women are lighter than men.

Hugs, Lori

Nicole Erin
11-19-2007, 09:55 PM
Switcheralso, something one of my friends told me was this -
The face is a canvas, and one can paint it however he/she wants it to look. [Well within limits of course, but there is a spectrum]

If the shape of your face is a problem, it is not too hard to create the illusion of a different shape. maybe shape your lips a little different than natural with your lipstick. Eyeshadow can give the eyes a sexier shape, and blush for the cheeks.
The eyebrows can make a huge difference also. You don't have to have them pencil thin, but plucking a few strays here and there and maybe thinning them just a little can help. Or you can go crazy like me and have them thin and perfect all the time. :heehee: BUT people do notice...

Now as my hair is not real short, I don't wear wigs, I naver have, so I know nothing about them from experience.

I do know that while there is a variety of color, the colors should be wisely chosen. AND, one should use whsat looks best and most natural, NOT what one most fetishizes about. Once everything is put together, you can see exactly what it looks like. If you wear the most beautiful dress but lack hair and/or makeup, it doesn't look good. [I always paint my face first then put on the dress.]

So anyways if we do get a chance to talk or meet in person, I can help you with some of these things. Granted I am no expert, but I can at least tell you what I have learned. I am curious as to what you are using right now. We can work on this, if you would like my help.

Kristen Marie
11-20-2007, 03:21 PM
When I was in my early twenties I went for my first makeover. Until then it was sneaking this and that, but never looking good......feeling great, but always looking like a guy in a dress.

My first transformation session was amazing. A complete outfit that fit me, wonderful makeup, and a real wig. I literally trembled when I saw myself. It helped me realize that Kristen was very real.

And to this day, Whenever I dress, I see the good things in the mirror. (Of course the pictures do snap me back into reality....tossing out 20 for every one good one). But go with the positives and enjoy these years.

Sam-antha
11-20-2007, 03:53 PM
Well I dunno, It seems to becoming a difficult exercise todress, add a little lippy and get out there on foot is by far the best, if you can.
It is attitude and dress awareness more than anything. I have never been near a makeup artist - I confes that I would have enjoyed it earlier -.
Which brings me to photos . Photshop I frown on, and I do not have it anyway.
Published pics do tend to be chosen, but since I do not take many of any scene the choice is small, usually taken from say three.
Just dress, check your appearance and get out and walk proud which is what most people do. Just do be sure that things like hairy ears get hidden, I mean the smallthings that onedoes not think off are important. Be sure the handbag is with everything that you need and do not expect to need too

Kate Simmons
11-20-2007, 04:04 PM
I can add Hon that since this is about projecting an illusion, like any good illusionist or magician, part of the skill for pulling it off is misdirection as was already mentioned by emphasizing or de-emphasizing certain features of ourselves as needed. The other thing that is needed or "smaltz" or "moxie" which I can only define as the natural knack to pull it off and only comes from pure experience. Go, do and enjoy.:happy:

Sam-antha
11-20-2007, 07:19 PM
Enjoy the practice is what we both mean I think..:2c: