PDA

View Full Version : Out androgenously en femme!

jjjjohanne
04-05-2005, 07:41 PM
Today I went shopping and bought some black ladies shorts. Then I went for a walk. I looked enough like a man not to turn any heads, but I was wearing all womens' clothing!! I was wearing a beige ladies Aigner blouse, black silk shorts with a cuff just above the knee. A thin black belt. Leggs Active Support Nude pantyhose, and my fake Keds. It was wonderful.

I walked to a nearby shopping center and walked around on the sidewalks. It was still daylight, but it was just about time for it to start getting dark. I went into this little store that sells stuff. Then I left there and walked around the walkway at the shopping center some more.

Then I started walking down the sidewalk. I walked around the block and back to the shopping center. Once there, I went into a Chinese restaurant and bought a Sprite. There was a lady waiting for order at a nearby table. She never seemed to notice. No one seemed to notice me. Then I got pretty stupid. I went into the well lit grocery store. People there know me and my wife (who wouldn't approve of me walking around like this.) I walked around the store and didn't find anything to buy. I don't think I could have done that. There were a lot of people in the checkout lines. It would have been a 15 minute wait, probably. Then I walked back to my apartment and walked around the property there.

It was great to be OUT, even if it was mostly looking like a man.

jhnjks
04-06-2005, 05:31 AM
androgeny is the wave of the future, think metrosexuals, etc.

Mistress Frillee
04-06-2005, 08:03 AM
I do this all the time. I wear panties, womens sandals, womens flared jeans with NO back or front pockets, a woman solid color knit top, 1 diamond stud in each ear, a ponytail, shaved legs, clear nail polish on my toe nails & finger nails....sometimes a muted pink on my toe nails.....

celeste26
04-06-2005, 11:55 AM
You seem to have the whole look about you. How about the front? From the back one wouldn't question that you're a lady. I'm guessing that is why you've not gone outside yet.

miss_x_elvira
04-07-2005, 02:57 AM
I always wear some form of chicks clothes whenever i go out these days in an androgynous way, whether is all female or just jeans, top, panties or shoes, it's always atleast one thing. It's part of my look now, i'm not trying to be female just break the boundries

sweeting
04-16-2005, 10:45 PM
I haven't appeared publicly "dressed" but I love Lady Speed Stick "Powder Fresh" anti-perspirant and people do look at me funny when I wear it.
[IMG]
hi i am laurie love your top i have just like that only in black

Natasha Anne
04-17-2005, 05:11 AM
I always wear some form of chicks clothes whenever i go out these days in an androgynous way, whether is all female or just jeans, top, panties or shoes, it's always atleast one thing. It's part of my look now, i'm not trying to be female just break the boundries
Same here, although I wear mostly female clothing and normally have one piece of male attire (my safety blanket)

On Friday I work all female clothing to work. Jeans, top, boots (flats), belt and then put on a lilac mans sweater. Guess what everyone noticed. The sweater; that's what I call misdirection!:)

Jennifer_Ph
04-18-2005, 07:50 AM
.... i'm not trying to be female just break the boundries
I do the same thing. And I think it is important. In order to get CD'ing accepted, we have to all take baby steps. We can't just jump into the world in full dress. We have to ease the world into it. Slowly but surely, if we all take small steps, we WILL get there. Nothing fashion wise changes over night - and crossdressing will not be accepted tomorrow just the same.

I wear pantyhose every day. With shorts all spring, summer, and fall. To work, everywhere. I've done this for over 10 years. My shorts are usually womens too. Shoes as well. We're not talking strappy heels here, but womens shoes that unless you know what you're looking for are mens. Slowly I push the envelope. 11 years ago if you told me it was ok for men to wear pantyhose publicly I'd have laughed at you. Today I laugh when I am told men can't wear them. Heck they make em for men now. I've seen progress in 10 years - and heck yeah I wish I could see more. This year I am going to try wearing 'masculine' skirts out and about. To see if I can do this as well.

Heck half the fun is pushing the envelope. I'm having fun wearing what I like to wear.

miss_x_elvira
04-19-2005, 02:56 AM
Heck half the fun is pushing the envelope. I'm having fun wearing what I like to wear.
it certainly is jennifer. I figure this is who i am and what i like to wear, who cares whether it's male or female clothes. Although it is a bit nerve racking, the attention you get from those who notice is all part of the fun too. The sniggers, the little whispers, the strange looks you get from little kids who stand and stare confused, the looks down when they notice your 5''/6"/7" platform shoes/boots, the pictures people try to sneak with their digital cameras or camera phones and the acceptance from people who just let you be by not judging you or getting threatened by something different.

oh and good luck with the skirt thing, interested to know how it goes...

and Natasha, isn't that typical of people, noticing your sweeter and not your other clothes, silly people. it's fun having a little snigger to yourself when things like that happen. I've been wearing chick jeans and other stuff around my friends for months now and no ones said anything or noticed it's chick clothes. It took wearing my 7" platform boots for them to notice anything, and still haven't clicked about my cding

Natasha Anne
04-19-2005, 12:36 PM
I think this is a relatively new trend we can be responsible for starting. It's a lot different to goth, not quite glam (like the early 80's) and not metrosexual either.

I love the whispering. It used to be disarming, but now it's kind of fun, and even more so when a GG comes up and says nice socks, shoes or in my case on Friday one of the girls said like the bootcut jeans you're wearing, knowing full well the design was not for men.

Oddly I spoke to her on the following Monday and she thought the sweater I was wearing was a ladies sweater, and right next to me sat a girl wearing the identical sweater! Synchronicity, Serendipity or what!?

Cheri K
04-19-2005, 01:06 PM
Oh yes, thats what I love to do too. I like how natural it feels to be out in public in womens clothes.....but hardly noticed. Or noticed by some, but not feminine enuf for them to really stare.....just a double take maybe. I just back from the drug store....i wore my low rider stretch flair jeans with a tie fly.....bra, pantyhose, and cute plaid top of my wifes. Once a lady clerk suddenly noticed my shirt buttoned like a womens .....the look on her face was priceless as I was just leaving. Today, I had a few double takes at my tight tight womens jeans......no pockets and skin tight with my ass looking hot. Hope some of them loved what they saw....... :p

miss_x_elvira
04-21-2005, 05:09 AM
I think this is a relatively new trend we can be responsible for starting. It's a lot different to goth, not quite glam (like the early 80's) and not metrosexual either.

I love the whispering. It used to be disarming, but now it's kind of fun, and even more so when a GG comes up and says nice socks, shoes or in my case on Friday one of the girls said like the bootcut jeans you're wearing, knowing full well the design was not for men.

Oddly I spoke to her on the following Monday and she thought the sweater I was wearing was a ladies sweater, and right next to me sat a girl wearing the identical sweater! Synchronicity, Serendipity or what!?
thats a point i'd like to make as well, it's not metrosexual. Metrosexuals are straight guys trying to look like gay guys, it's got nothing to do with crossdressing or androgny really. it's just a trend cause all that homosexual stuff is considered cool and trendy these days. Like i've said before it's actually easier to be straight (ha the punn) out gay than a crossdresser these days.

Yeah those knowing looks on chicks faces when they realise what your wearing are great. I like to give them a knowing smile back, then have a good chuckle when they've walked by. It's even better when they come up to you and say something nice, like this chick who came up to me and said "you look gorgous" and wanted a hug

serendipity indeed...

Anna
04-21-2005, 05:27 AM
Nice outfit Ronna. v.v.very stylish. love it sweedie! oh yeh! what was the question?

Lycra
04-21-2005, 11:56 AM
Oh yes, thats what I love to do too. I like how natural it feels to be out in public in womens clothes.....but hardly noticed. Or noticed by some, but not feminine enuf for them to really stare.....just a double take maybe. I just back from the drug store....i wore my low rider stretch flair jeans with a tie fly.....bra, pantyhose, and cute plaid top of my wifes. Once a lady clerk suddenly noticed my shirt buttoned like a womens .....the look on her face was priceless as I was just leaving. Today, I had a few double takes at my tight tight womens jeans......no pockets and skin tight with my ass looking hot. Hope some of them loved what they saw....... :p

i totally agree! i LOVE going out dressed and turning a few heads. i wear mostly ladies workout wear--lycra leggings, cute tops, slouch socks and ladies sneakers, a touch of makeup--but i don't pass as a woman and don't necessarily try. i admit that i love the reactions i get from cool GGs. one time i was at a thrift store dressed and a black lady there gave me a double-take, smiled and just said, "Sweet, honey! You WORK it, GIRL!" what a blast!

obsessedwithpantyhose
04-21-2005, 12:11 PM
i can be found in public in suntan pantyhose and shorts year round here in Phoenix Arizona,,with sparkly pink or red painted toenails and sandals and hardly anyone notices, i find its the young girls who notice more than anyone else.
as for the 5 inch platform boots just tell ur friends ur bringing back the rock group KISS look :p :p

u should be carefull if ur gona linger around the outsides of shops ull get noticed but for all the wrong reasons if ur there to long ;)

GypsyKaren
04-21-2005, 12:31 PM
I also wear pantyhose everyday. I've been totally addicted to them since they first came out in the sixties. I always wear something femminine when I go out. I just started going out dressed a couple of months ago, and it just feels really great. I spent a whole weekend in Chicago dressed and nobody gave me a second look. I find that most people don't even bother to give you a first one, they're to busy thinking about their own problems.I've been made a couple of times but it really didn't bother me. It was actually quite amusing. And hey, it's a nice day and life is good.
GypsyKaren