PDA

View Full Version : My wife asked me to help her put together her outfit!!

Karren H
11-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Woot Woot... Caught me by surprise for sure... We are going to a band banquet tonight and my wife says to me this morning "could you come here and help me pick out something to wear?" Would love to Dear!! So we had a great time going through her closet and matching up tops and skirts... She mentioned that she didn't own a dress and I almost blurted out "I have the perfect one for this" But I knew tht was going to far and that it was too small for her anyway... She bought these sweet strappy heels (2 inch which are big for her). And I helped pick out her jewelry and makeup too...

So tonight I'll look great in my double breasted suit and my black wingtips and she will look great plus I'll feel great knowing I helped pick out what she's wearing!!! Not like wearing it myself but sure feels good to know that she respects my feminine tastes!!! :):):)

Karren

Mitch23
11-18-2007, 02:21 PM
nice one karen - these moments make it all worthwhile!

Mitch

jasmine57
11-18-2007, 02:27 PM
Good for you Karen. Every time you look at her tonight, you'll know your little secret and smile. Isn't it a wonderful feeling?

Nicole Erin
11-18-2007, 02:29 PM
Yeah I have had to help my wife a few times with outfits. We pretty much share most of our clothes, so when I don't like what she is thinking of buying I tell her "I would never wear that hideous thing!" :thumbsdn:

Mollyanne
11-18-2007, 02:50 PM
Hi Karen, Good for you hun, the only next best thing is for her to help you pick out an outfit, it could happen!!!

:love: Mollyanne

SherriePall
11-18-2007, 02:51 PM
Karren -- Good for you. Maybe a step forward? My wife has asked for my advice often. However, the past couple of Sundays she has asked that I pick out the outfits. I asked why she want me to help and she says because I know how. I told her I don't and she said that, yes, I do know how.
Has she been snooping?

Kris
11-18-2007, 03:22 PM
Woot Woot... Caught me by surprise for sure... We are going to a band banquet tonight and my wife says to me this morning "could you come here and help me pick out something to wear?" Would love to Dear!! So we had a great time going through her closet and matching up tops and skirts... She mentioned that she didn't own a dress and I almost blurted out "I have the perfect one for this" But I knew tht was going to far and that it was too small for her anyway... She bought these sweet strappy heels (2 inch which are big for her). And I helped pick out her jewelry and makeup too...

So tonight I'll look great in my double breasted suit and my black wingtips and she will look great plus I'll feel great knowing I helped pick out what she's wearing!!! Not like wearing it myself but sure feels good to know that she respects my feminine tastes!!! :):):)

Karren

I am glad to hear your wife is feeling well enough to go out! Congrats on that. Why don't you post a picture of her and you together and you in boy mode. I wanna see!!

:hugs: Kris

DAVIDA
11-18-2007, 04:48 PM
Hi Karren!
It looks like the ice is melting somewhat!
Next thing you know, the two of you will be shopping together!

Ruth
11-18-2007, 05:34 PM
This is a good sign because it's all about the clothes, isn't it? Since she's seen me dressed, my wife has a new respect for my clothes sense and asks my advice on her outfits much more than she used to.
Only tonight she said: "You've got much nicer clothes than me!" Which I of course denied (though deep down I think she's right). Some of my things are her size so I'd better watch out.

kim85
11-18-2007, 06:00 PM
Since i found out about my SO cding i ask all the time how i look i value his/her opinion same as she asks me

Megan70
11-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Karen,
I really think you should tell her. deception is not good... like lying .Who knows she may have a very positive attitude about and envision the fantasy of the two of you ladies going out enfemme to theaters, restaurants and shopping. Me and my wife have been doing it for over 30 years. Its cool.
Better fess up before she finds your stash. My two cents

Megan

Jordan
11-18-2007, 06:06 PM
wow how great was that did she think you were a big help?

Ema1234 GG
11-18-2007, 06:11 PM
That's great news Karen. Lets hope it's a sign that she's slowly becoming more and more accepting. :hugs:

I'd love to ask mine for fashion advice, but I'd end up in a mini skirt, 6 inch heels, hold ups and a top that left none of my cleavage to the imagination...

Ah well, maybe one day his tastes will mature! :rolleyes: :tongueout

S. Lisa Smith
11-18-2007, 06:13 PM
That is great!! Glad your wife is feeling better. Glad she wanted your help. Hhope you have fun.

Karren H
11-18-2007, 06:57 PM
Karen,
I really think you should tell her. deception is not good... like lying .Who knows she may have a very positive attitude about and envision the fantasy of the two of you ladies going out enfemme to theaters, restaurants and shopping. Me and my wife have been doing it for over 30 years. Its cool.
Better fess up before she finds your stash. My two cents

Megan

Ahhhh Who's lying? She knows! For a couple years now... Not a big fan but as long as I keep it out of her face she's a happy girl....

susie evans
11-18-2007, 07:24 PM
yea karren who know's what the nexr step might be i wish you the best :hugs:

susie

Jazzmine
11-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Thought you were going dressed with bra and forms when you said double breasted. That would have been progress although you may have up-staged your wife. And that .... may not be good.
Hugs Jazzmine :heehee:

CharleneCD
11-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Aaahhh baby steps. They are not much, but they feel so good.

elaineg
11-18-2007, 08:02 PM
I am so Happy for you Karen.

Hugs Elaine

Karren H
11-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Thanks all.. Just got back and we had a great time... I kept compliment her on how nice she lookes.. Way beter than the jeans and baggy Tees she usually wears!! Lol. And Kriss... Sorry... Forgot to take a pic!!! But there are plenty of my guy pics floating around all over the web,,,

Karren

sissystephanie
11-18-2007, 09:49 PM
Karren, knowing your very good taste in clothes, I am sure your wife looked great.

For most of our married life, I picked out my wife's outfits. She had better color sense than I, but thought my coordination was better. Also, we shopped together most of the time and I picked out about 85% of the things she bought. Proving that CD husbands are good for something!!:heehee:

Sissy/Stephanie

More Girl than man sometimes

Glenda58
11-18-2007, 10:35 PM
Karren I know how feel my new GF knows about me and has been asking me about cloths to wear when we go out.

michellebesweet
11-18-2007, 10:43 PM
I have picked out many outfits for my SO, and she loves my taste. I have got to say she has none, haha. Her only good choice was me.

Dawn Marie
11-23-2007, 04:38 AM
one baby step forward, maybe next time she'll ask you to pick one out for yourself. It could happen! The hope is always there.

julia ann
11-25-2007, 04:48 PM
Hi, very very new here, my wife did have me take her shopping for a new dress. Being the good dutyfull husband I went along. I think I gave her way to much input on fashion, stlye, etc. It was not like we were shopping for "Julia" however one of us was. I am very much closeted although she does know about me,I have assured her that it was all in the past and am completly "cured" from my "illness". It was a great time as I could imagine we were shopping for Julia.

Sinthia
11-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Karen . . . Is that called 'dressing by proxy'?

Meg East
11-26-2007, 10:45 PM
I sometimes help my wife pick out her outfits. I also help her order skirts, tops, lingerie and sleepwear. I have a tendency to be more daring than she.

TxKimberly
11-26-2007, 11:48 PM
Hey - it's a step for her!
By the way, no surprise for the rest of us. Your outfits are always well put together so it's no surprise someone would ask your opinion.

:-)

Chari
11-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Congats Karren on your co-ordinating your wifes outfit and having a good time! Just wondering, did you "underdress" for that event? I go to those events underdressed and then try to find someone that is wearing an outfit that would go with my underthings. Its a little extra visual fun when things get boring!:heehee:

Chari

sybercom11
11-27-2007, 12:12 PM
my wife is a great partner in my "hobby." she often asks for my advice like some of you have mentioned when she is dressing or shopping.

also, i have some really nice sweaters that she borrows from me!

stevie

Emily Ann Brown
11-27-2007, 12:25 PM
Way to go sis !!!!!!!! Who would have thought it would get this good huh?

Emily Ann