PDA

View Full Version : To all closet CDers

mysteryUser
11-18-2007, 05:07 PM
just a general question.

if you had a GG friend who you think would be okay with your CDing would you tell them?

myself, at the moment i dont think i would.

Ruth
11-18-2007, 05:26 PM
Not sure from the question whether you mean "a friend" or "a special friend". As regards friends in general of either gender, I would not tell them unless I had to. That special friend with whom you are projecting an intimate relationship is a whole nother matter.

DAVIDA
11-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Yes! I have told a few friends, GG and nonGG.

Joanne f
11-18-2007, 05:36 PM
In this day and age i think yes i would but do it in away that you could easily get out of it if it did not go down to well, like have a little joke about it, say about some thing she is wearing and see what the reaction is .

joanne

Oddlee
11-18-2007, 06:14 PM
Well, I met a woman, and we seemed to get along very well. She had a great sense of humor and a good supply of common sense. I thought the relationship could get pretty serious, so after our 4th meeting I told her I was a cd. She was pretty shocked, said she had to think about it, appreciated my courage in telling her. A couple days later, she emailed me that she did not want to see me again - could not get along with the cd thing and did not want there to be anything in our lives that we could not share (if we were to become serious). Certainly, it was better to reveal myself at that time, compared to 3 months or 6 months later.

We both felt a sense of loss, but I think it was the right thing to do (telling her, that is). And when I meet another woman of similar potential, I will tell her. It is not worth it to me, at this point, to be in a relationship where I have to keep secrets.

I have told one other woman, an ex-girlfriend with whom I'm still friends - we are, in her words, "friends with benefits" who is completely accepting of me no matter how I'm dressed (although she does not like me to wear a wig when we make out).

Lee

sami1952
11-18-2007, 06:26 PM
IF i known that person for a while and i felt comfortable and was sure that she would understand,then yes ,i would tell her.

susanmichelle
11-18-2007, 06:51 PM
If you think she has an open mind then tell her. I have a friend that i told about 10 years ago and we had known each other for about a year. She stopped in one night about 3 am as she used to do alot and said lets go get something to eat. Well i said i dont have anything to wear as i was also in pjs. Well she just blurted out go and put your dike clothes on and lets go.

Well I thought why not and went in and put on a skirt and blouse and some high hills and came in and sit down on the couch. She was on my computer talking to one of her friends on instant message and didnt notice at first. Then she was like damn and started laughing. She said I didnt mean it literly. But then i told her my story and we've been best friends since.

Sometimes you have to take chances in life and if shes a true friend she wont mind. She may even be like my friend is to me. She told her husband and both kids and they all love me for who i am.

Good luck and all the best
Susan Michelle

Jeri Rene
11-18-2007, 07:48 PM
She (I am assuming friend and not "special" friend since I don't have one) would have to have found out and bring it up. As much as I wish I could tell people there just isn't anyway I could. I just haven't got the self confidence to do it.

trannie T
11-18-2007, 07:57 PM
I am not in a serious relationship at the moment but if I were to get serious I can not imagine sharing an important part of my life with her. I have a hard time comprehending how some can be married for decades and keep their crossdressing a secret.

mysteryUser
11-18-2007, 08:32 PM
at the moment im not ready to tell anyone.

the only GG i think i could tell, im trying to build things up with. (its a long story and very complex).

but at the moment i dont think im ready for anyone to know.

maby someday i will share this side of me. i dont even know yet.

melissaK
11-18-2007, 09:05 PM
If you plan a serious long term relationship, tell now. It probably won't go over well, you have all the ususal issues to cover (her acceptance, her confusion, her fears, etc, etc) and it may end the relationship.

But if you don't tell, and they will more likely than not find out, you will alos have a trust violation issue (i.e. she'll say you've been lying to me for years!!) and if it disintegrates when the truth is learned you will hurt much worse because you will have more time invested in the relationship.

Its only my :2c: There are no hard and fast rules.

hugs'
'lissa

Karren H
11-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Well define closet since 99% of us are in some sort of one... Just some peoples closets are larger than others.. My spin on this is that unless your 110% sure their acceptance I wouldn't chance it especially if you in a little closet.. Lol. The only other way I know that you can safely tell someone is if the condition exisits, what I like to call "mutually assured destruction". Where your secret would harm them as much as it would you so there is a buy-in to keep it a secret...

Any other situation has a degree of risk involved.. Myself I like risk.. Make crossdressing more fun!! Hahaha

mike47
11-18-2007, 10:26 PM
Yes I do believe I would. I have a couple of friends that know and I believe that one is okay with it but the other is having problems

Glenda58
11-18-2007, 10:28 PM
Would I tell a GG about me? [B]YES[B] and I have and she still love me. But because of that love I no longer dress. I spend all my free time with her or doing things that would make life better.

Samantha43
11-18-2007, 11:12 PM
I told my wife when she was still my girlfriend 20 some years ago. She was a little shocked, but dealt with it pretty well. We have been happily married for 19 years now. She helps me buy all of my clothes and makeup and says she enjoys when I dress because we can sit down and talk on a different level than we usually do.

andreaattimes
11-19-2007, 12:00 AM
Like Karen said, I would have to be totally sure she would be OK with it and keep it a secret. If those conditions were met, then yes.

rachel_rachel
11-19-2007, 12:53 AM
I would agree with Karren's comments there too myself, I have 6 female friends that i came out to a while ago, I've since given away nearly all of my wardrobe (clothes i don't wear or like ) to them over the last few years.

They appreciate that i give them the clothes, their husbands ( my mates ) get a laugh out of it as well when i model things for their wives.

A while ago 2 of my friends said to me they were going to take me out fully dressed because they loved the way i looked as a woman, and i'm a guy who isn't afraid to show that side of myself.

lanell
11-19-2007, 02:28 AM
Heck yeah!!!

TonyaV
11-19-2007, 02:58 AM
Yes! I have told a few friends, GG and nonGG.

Me too

Crissy Kay
11-19-2007, 02:03 PM
The answer is no. The only GG who knows about me is my wife. Shes ok with it. My sis may be too, but I figure that its none of her business. Or anyone else I know as well. I just prefer to keep it private.

sandylove
11-19-2007, 05:11 PM
In this day and age i think yes i would but do it in away that you could easily get out of it if it did not go down to well, like have a little joke about it, say about some thing she is wearing and see what the reaction is .

joanne

Joanne, that's exactly what I do. I compliment a woman on her nails or jewelry or hair or clothes. I tell her she looks so feminine and that I love feminine things. If she smiles, I tell her a little more. As long as she keeps smiling, I confide more. (I usually do this out-of-town.)

Finally, I ask if they could help me with dressing and makeup. Some agree! But after one get together where they've satisfied their curiosity, they disappear. I treat them kindly and with respect. They leave promising to get together again but they disappear.

Joanne, thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one who does this. Do your new confidants disappear?

Sandy

Stacye Rose
11-19-2007, 05:24 PM
I've had good luck telling friends and bad luck telling special friends (girlfriends). But since EVERY woman I meet wants to "just be my friend" before they ever find out about Stacye, I find that it gives an extra dimension to the friendship and a whole host of things to talk about that she doesn't get to discuss with either her other GG girlfriends or other men she may be friends with. Go for it, nothing ventured-nothing gained.

jonnie64
11-19-2007, 05:37 PM
I have told three girlfriends, and they all supported and encouraged my crossdressing.

one girlfriend i had, that i still keep in contact with and visit from time to time told two of her closest friends; they thought it was fantastic! the last time i visited this particular girl, the four of us went shoe shopping in NYC!! it was sooooo cool, the three of them kept picking out shoes they wanted me to buy. we went back to my friends house and drank martinis and modeled our shoes till 4:30 in the morning. one of the most fun times i've ever had!! I hoped for a little more than a fashion show, but i'll just have to file that in the "fantasies unfulfilled" folder!!!! (I do share pictures with the three of them from time to time....)

you'd be surprised how open minded women are if given the chance. most are so tired of pickup-driving, beer-drinking, sports-watching clods that anything different peaks their curiosity. but take it slowly!!

good luck!!

docrobbysherry
11-19-2007, 09:11 PM
Ever try to put toothpaste back in the tube? Very difficult to do. Be very careful who u tell. I thought about it a few times, and my answer is just plain, "No".
RS

www.myspace.com/robertsherry

Joanne f
11-20-2007, 12:08 PM
Joanne, that's exactly what I do. I compliment a woman on her nails or jewelry or hair or clothes. I tell her she looks so feminine and that I love feminine things. If she smiles, I tell her a little more. As long as she keeps smiling, I confide more. (I usually do this out-of-town.)

Finally, I ask if they could help me with dressing and makeup. Some agree! But after one get together where they've satisfied their curiosity, they disappear. I treat them kindly and with respect. They leave promising to get together again but they disappear.

Joanne, thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one who does this. Do your new confidants disappear?

Sandy

:D Sandy i am married so i cannot have confidants as such but i have to admit that i am a lot less worried about what i let out any more.

joanne

goofus
11-20-2007, 12:44 PM
you'd be surprised how open minded women are if given the chance. most are so tired of pickup-driving, beer-drinking, sports-watching clods that anything different peaks their curiosity.

I hope you're right about that one :)