PDA

View Full Version : Should You Dress Your Age.

LA CINDY LOVE
11-18-2007, 08:25 PM
I hear this a lot here that a CD should dress there age, why would you want to dress your age to many here have that grand mother look by dressing there age, they say you should dress conserved as to fit in and not draw attention to your self........ok I can see that, they say you should dress your age to help you to pass..........I do not buy that.

You can wear what ever you want but if you do not have confidence in your self you will not pass and you will draw attention to your self, I look at my self I will be 50 in 2008 I love to wear low waist micro mini skirts and
short tops but my attitude and the confidence I have in my self is what give me that killer instinct as a cross dresser................and not my age.

LA CINDY LOVE

Dragster
11-18-2007, 08:58 PM
In my closet, I'll wear what I like; any age, tarty, whatever turns me on. But If I ever venture outside the door, I'll want to blend in, but I'll also want to look good. I don't want to dress my real 63, or at the other extreem, 23; 43 would probably be about right. I didn't become a CDer to look like MY grandmother, even though I'm a grandfather.

Tony

susanmichelle
11-18-2007, 09:40 PM
I hear this a lot here that a CD should dress there age, why would you want to dress your age to many here have that grand mother look by dressing there age, they say you should dress conserved as to fit in and not draw attention to your self........ok I can see that, they say you should dress your age to help you to pass..........I do not buy that.

You can wear what ever you want but if you do not have confidence in your self you will not pass and you will draw attention to your self, I look at my self I will be 50 in 2008 I love to wear low waist micro mini skirts and
short tops but my attitude and the confidence I have in my self is what give me that killer instinct as a cross dresser................and not my age.

LA CINDY LOVE

I totally agree, I'm 55 and wear lots of younger more missy type clothes, They fit me great as I am 6 foot tall and guess I'm a bit on the skinny side at 147 lbs. I found out 2 years ago that I have Crohn's Disease and it affects my eating habits so dont really eat alot as i get full very quickly. I have been maintaining that weight as i really don't want to lose more. But for the main thing is that with me being a skinny B***** LOL i guess it allows me to pull it off even better. Besides the clothing is really sexy and beautiful that is being made for the younger crowd. Age aint nothing but a thing I always say. Im young at heart as well so just do what feels good and dont worry about what others think anymore.

My :2c:
Susan Michelle

sissystephanie
11-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Well, let's see! I am actually 75, but told everybody at my birthday party that the invitations were wrong. It should have said 35!:heehee: But I don't think I could pass as a 35 year old woman. Heck, I can't pass as a woman of any age!!:2c:

I don't want to look like my older sister, or a grandmother! I just want to look like a somewhat classy lady of indetirminate age! I do go out in public dressed that way, but not trying to pass.:happy: No wig, and no makeup!:heehee:

Sissy/Stephanie

More Girl than man sometimes

tamarav
11-18-2007, 09:59 PM
Absolutely you should dress your age, it just depends on what age you feel like. I wear tight low rise jeans and 5 inch heels most everywhere I go and tight tops to accentuate what I can. I may be older but I feel like a teen...

Just another sister,

Tami

michellebesweet
11-18-2007, 10:09 PM
You need to dress as you see fit. Not an age or an era. You dress for looks, comfort, and sometimes affordability, haha. You will also dress for an occasion. You will dress differently if you are home or out and about. If you are out, you should dress not to call attention to yourself in a negative fashion.

joann07
11-18-2007, 10:09 PM
Everyone is free to do whatever they want, and even though people say that you should dress your age, there's no obligation to follow that, so to say, fashion rule.
For those prefer not to do that, they should at least present themselves properly by dressing in appropriate attire for wherever they're going or whatever the occasion.
You don't want to go to a place like the grocery store or Wally world, in a short mini skirt, skimpy top, fishnets, and a red stilleto heels. That just instantly puts up the red flag, unless your an exhibitionist, so the smart thing to do is to wear what's appropriate for blending in.
My 2 cents.

Hugs!

Samantha43
11-18-2007, 10:10 PM
I am 44 but I usually dress a little younger. I like to wear short skirts and 5" heels and have a sexy look. Of course I don't venture out of the house anymore, so I don't have to pass. If I was going out I would probably dress more my age.

Come to think of it, my wife still looks great in a mini and heels and she is also 44........hmmmmmmmm. Maybe I would wear a mini and heels out.....

Karren H
11-18-2007, 10:19 PM
I dress in what ever makes me look good.. And fits properly.. If its Junior wear or old lady department.. Its just has to have style and be pretty..

jessbcuzz
11-18-2007, 10:27 PM
It doesn't matter. If you want to go out in public, then, yes, maybe you should. If you are at home, or out of public view, do what you want. Like right now, I am dressed prom style, but I am not going anywhere. I'll be 33 in a few weeks. Besides age is a state of mind.

Stephenie S
11-18-2007, 10:37 PM
Goodness gracious girls, dress how ever you want. It's your business, and your business only.

However, those of us who want to be left alone to live our lives in peace and quiet, dress to blend in with those other women all around us. That means dressing appropriately for who we are, and where we are. I could never pull off a teenage "look", nor would I want to. I'm not a teenager. I have my own look, and of course it's age appropriate. If it wasn't, I would stand out like a sore thumb. Sorry, that's not me.

Many of us WANT to atract attention, and if you do, that's your right. Go for it. Wear the minis and the heels to the supermarket. There's nothing at all wrong with that if that's what you want.

Lovies,
Steph

Glenda58
11-18-2007, 10:41 PM
Why would I dress my age. I'm not even dressing my gender. I want to look younger than 60. With makeup and cute cloths I can.

TerriM
11-18-2007, 10:41 PM
i think the way you dress is a personal decision. I personally like to dress close to my age (59). But what does that mean? I have seen some very attractive 59 and older ladies. I would look ridicilous in fish nets an a mini skirt. But if you are dressing as a sexual turn on and this turns you on go ahead. I like to dress to blend in and to look as attractive in doing it.

Yours Terri

Billijo49504
11-18-2007, 11:44 PM
I DEFINATELY dress my age. But every day I decide how old I am, that day...BJ

Dita_B
11-19-2007, 12:03 AM
I don't dress to blend in, I dress to stand out...

I hate to blend in as I am not impressed with how the average GG on the street dresses. It looks like the GG's nowadays are all F2M crossdressers as they all seem to want to look like men. It takes effort to find a girl in a skirt these days....

So I wear skirts! (and try to look my best!)

Love, :love:Dita.

LilSissyStevie
11-19-2007, 12:55 AM
If I didn't want to get noticed, I'd stay home and dress as I like.

As a matter of fact, that's just what I do.

immike
11-19-2007, 01:01 AM

LA CINDY LOVE
I love to dress in short mini skirts,silk blouses,dark pantyhose&heels.My ultimate
fantasy is to one day slip into a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader uniform,custom
made for me-the shorts,blouse&vest

Brenda1423
11-19-2007, 01:13 AM
I like to dress in clothes that I could go out and pass in. At home is another story. I only want to satisfy myself. Sometimes I go outside and even check the mail on the road out front and I want to look as inconspicious as possible. That's when I want to dress the part. I look young for my age, so I dress accordingly.

Kate Simmons
11-19-2007, 01:48 AM
Personal expression is what it is all about. I would never attempt to tell anyone how to dress even if it's not my cup of "tea". I have my own styles and standards but that is me. Would I snub someone because of their personal tastes? Not a chance. Too much division in this world already without creating more to make someone feel unwelcome or uncomfortable. If my Grandmother felt like wearing a miniskirt, I'd tell her to go for it. Seeing her happy would make me happy. 'Nuff said.:happy:

Melora
11-19-2007, 02:36 AM
Maybe I am wrong here.. But
I guess that you should dress as to how you look like, and dont be a "clown" Ever...In public. If you look older then dress in public as an older and vice versa..
I have seen many girrls, EVEN younger ones look like "clowns"... You know what I mean.., AN Emberasment and quite an obvious one at that, in public.. They give passable ones or those who are striving to become so, A BAD name or Lable..
Dress to give the CD movement some respect, I think, at Least in public.. Lest we be failed to just freaks... AND I am not even dressing in public yet as I am not confident enough..
:2c:

Melora
11-19-2007, 02:40 AM
OK..
A restatement..
Dress as to how you feel and as well as how confident you feel.
Just do not be ****ty or Clownish.. As I think it gives us a bad image in the public eye.., Unles you might be a performing DQ?

Jodie Wexler
11-19-2007, 02:41 AM
Since I don't go out I dress in whatever I want. Today I have gone from the babydoll in the avatar shot to an evening gown that I am wearing now as as I type this.

Daintre
11-19-2007, 02:46 AM
Here is the deal....when we were small children, our mom's bought us Garanimals which coordinated our clothes. Now that we are grown up we rely on good fashion sense. You dress as you want to, there really isn't a fashion police, all I suggest is to dress, but keep your age in mind.

Carroll
11-19-2007, 06:10 AM
No matter what I wear, I am always told I look much younger than I really am.

Mitch23
11-19-2007, 06:48 AM
depends where you are and what you want to do - i get a bigger buzz out of trying to put together a tasteful outfit - see some of my latest pics to decide if i succeed - sometimes outrageously tarty or fetish

mitch

Christine Kelly
11-19-2007, 07:02 AM
I wear whatever I feel like wearing.
After all, what is the point of dressing if you are going
to restrict yourself by age? Or, for that matter, anything else.
I have seen gurls on this board, 50 or more years old who
look younger than some 23 year old girls!

Raychel
11-19-2007, 07:09 AM
Dragster said it best, "In my closet" It doesn't really matter how I dress. To this point noone has ever seen me dressed anyway. But I guess that I kinda do dress my age anyway. I prefer longer dresses and suits. Definitly not into the mini skirts or the ones with alot of hairy cleavage showing. All that hair on my chest surely spoils the picture

tiffanythecd2001
11-19-2007, 08:09 AM
:happy:I just dress to be comfy, age is a number to me, its about how you feel about your self, if dress for going out, or dress for the office, it doesnt matter if the guy or girl is mad or watever ,there gonna call you watever names they want too,Tiffany:heehee:

JoAnnDallas
11-19-2007, 09:30 AM
When I go out, I dress to blend in, so guess I dress my age. In the house anything goes. LOL

veronica
11-19-2007, 09:32 AM
THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION:

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!!!!:2c:

DRESS TO PLEASE YOUR SELF:happy::hugs:

collette01
11-19-2007, 11:37 AM
If I'm at home and I feel like wearing a short mini skirt or dress I will. But if I'm out I dress to blend in with where I'm going be it to a fetish club, shopping or for a meal.

Collette

Mona
11-19-2007, 11:46 AM
If I was going out and didn't want to be noticed I might diguise myself as an older woman but usually it is dressing like a twenty something at a nightclub for me!

SandyR
11-19-2007, 11:49 AM
Age is a state of mind! I love the short skirts, heels, low cut tops.....Dress the age you want to be...........for this Girl.

SandyR

AmandaM
11-19-2007, 11:52 AM
I think there are plenty of cute clothes for any age. You don't have to dress dowdy like your grandma nowadays. A fine suit or conservative dress goes for any age. Now, if you want your stockings to hang down by your granny booties, well, I can't help you with that! LOL

MJ
11-19-2007, 11:58 AM
depending on what you are doing . if you are going out you should dress your age try to blend in ... but if at home then sure dress how you feel but the school girl look in the real world at my age is just not right eww ..

Rachel Morley
11-19-2007, 12:37 PM
At home or going clubbing almost anything goes. Going out in public places .... well I guess it depends on how much you like attracting attention. If you're confident and you don't mind what people might think of you then anything goes there too. :happy:

For me, I don't like drawing attention to myself and so I tend to dress to blend in more when I go out. That said, I do think I dress slightly younger than my actual age but not so much younger that it looks odd ... at least that's what I hope people think of me when they see me.

Soutine
11-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Of course anybody can dress how they prefer, but, I do wish some younger CDers (say, in their twenties) wouldn't dress so much like their grandmothers, it would be great if they dressed their age :happy: .

SusanMarie
11-19-2007, 07:35 PM
I agree... we are all of some age, and we should dress. Every chance we get!

Jenna1561
11-19-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm 46 and I know that I dress in clothes that are generally considered younger. I think the truly important concepts in dressing are to be happy and dress appropriately for your body and the setting you'll be in.

When I go out, I do not want to draw attention to myself in a "bad" way. I want to blend in as a woman, but I want to stand out as a well dressed one.

Yes there are times when it's just jeans and a top, sorry Karren and all the other jeans haters, but there are times when I just want the everyday casual look and feel. But my jeans are clean and neat and usually pressed.

I never consider myself dowdy or ****ty, just happy to be me.

Jenna

Kaylene
11-19-2007, 07:57 PM
This also applies to GG's. Obviously, a 60 year grandmother probably shouldn't be wearing skimpy, tight outfits. The same should hold true for CD's as well, at least in public.

In private, they should dress however they want.

ronna
11-19-2007, 09:15 PM
wow totally Cindy, should you look or feel your age too? I think pretending is much more fun

Cassy11
11-19-2007, 09:30 PM
I dress for comfort and not my age. Like a lot of others I look younger as a woman that my regular age. You can be stylish at any age. When you areat a mall or club, how much attention you want to attract is a personal choice.

Debutante
11-19-2007, 09:41 PM
If going out, yes. But it's so hard. One wants to be inventive, sexy, stylish...
and that means trying out stuff that sometimes may not quite work!

TxKimberly
11-19-2007, 10:41 PM
Many people ask for advice here on "Passing" and these would be things that most people would suggest. If your intent is to pass, you should consider dressing in clothing that is appropriate for your age. If your not worried about passing, do as you please and be happy. In the immortal words of Karen Hutton, Crossdressing is supposed to be fun!

docrobbysherry
11-19-2007, 11:43 PM
Do u see a 60 year old man in my avatar? U would if I was in drab. If Sherry doesn't look hot, I lose interest.

Just had hotornot.com refuse to post Sherry, as a tiny ballerina, apparently because she looked UNDER 18! Would post that pic here if I could!
RS

www.myspace.com/robertsherry

Sallee
11-20-2007, 12:46 AM
Good question and it looks like there have been a lot of posts. I guess it depends on where you are going. I want cruise the mall It is jeans, flats and blouse. If I am going to the drag bar NO WAY. It is high high heels and short skirts. and a little to much make up but the DQ's still out do me. It just depends. Dress what make you feel comfortable..:2c:

Khriss
11-20-2007, 12:54 AM
When I go out, I dress to blend in, so guess I dress my age. In the house anything goes. LOL

Common sense perhaps but ... "To Each Their Own " ! eh ?
(ps..I luv "mini's" ) skirts that is ! :eek::D xx"K"

LA CINDY LOVE
11-20-2007, 01:20 AM
The one thing I see is we are on the money dress not your age but were you are going, if you are going out to party and dance the night away then we all know how to dress.

But if we are gong shopping in the mall we know how to dress or the the store to pick up something to eat we all know who to dress and what to wear, know if you dress at home only then wear what turns you on but when you go out that front door.......you need to dress right for the event you are going to.

I know I dress like a tramp but that is only if I am going out to party, I would never wear what I wear to the clubs to go shopping, lets not get dumb
here girls........dress for the moment.......and not your age.

LA CINDY LOVE

Denise Barrett
11-20-2007, 01:38 AM
I still have to tell you, you are all wonderful, and right. At home, you dress as you feel, no right or wrong. This summer I bought some great club clothes for the summer heat. Certainly not made for a 59 year old, but who cares. I’m at home. I would never wear these clothes in public, but, what many of you said, if you’re comfortable with it, do it.

I’m all for not looking ridiculous, but the truth is, the mainstream will never take us serious. They may become more accepting with time, and take individuals serious when they get to know us, but as a whole, don’t plan on running for public office. For me, I realized it was about feminine vs. masculine, I’m more feminine. But the fact is, it’s still a lot about the clothes. Jeans and a t-shirt, no thanks. Not even in public. I see all these young GG’s around in jeans and a t-shirt and wonder if they realize the opportunity they are missing. Maybe as a true GG, they also need to dress appropriately to be taken seriously. Ever see a politician or business woman in anything but a pants or skirt suit? A little off subject, sorry.

Cannot tell you how much you all mean to me :hugs:. Your intelligence, your warmth, your humor, it goes on and on. My new found family sure is wonderful.

As always, with all my love,
Denise

Fiona K
11-24-2007, 05:31 PM
yes I do try to dress my age- or maybe a few years younger, particularly if I'm out shopping or to a gallery etc, the younger outfit may come out for clubbing!

MsJanessa
11-24-2007, 08:55 PM
well of course I dress My age---25---lol

heidi99
01-03-2008, 11:12 PM
I know I dress like a tramp but that is only if I am going out to party, I would never wear what I wear to the clubs to go shopping, lets not get dumb
here girls........dress for the moment.......and not your age.
LA CINDY LOVE

I, too, love the young at heart look. So here's a question for all. The clubs and mall are a given. Howabout when going to a CD convention? What is the norm for dress there?

Heidi99