PDA

View Full Version : Help me understand how to break free

molie420
11-19-2007, 02:05 AM
27 SWM CD since I was 4 and has been a regular part of my life ever since but as the years seem to fly by I find I'm not happy with my life as a man and would love to go back in time 10 years and let the woman inside out.

But I didnt know then and i sure dont know now.. How or where to begin. Liveing with roomates makes it kind of hard in general and the thought of finding someone that A: cares about me for me B: isnt just tring to live out some sick fantasy or C: doesnt make me feel like I'm tring to take advantage..
Almost seems impossable. :sad:

So before the next 10 years fly by I'd like any info/advise on anything but along the lines of...

-Who to talk to and what to say so I dont seem nuts...

-advise on hormones and details about the effects physically and emotionally ... do's n dont's...

-A personals site that would be like the exact opposite of craigs list....

-Anything in general that would some how make sence of this crazy world

Thx for reading :happy:

MarinaTwelve200
11-19-2007, 07:56 AM
Living alone, without room mates would help---Then you can CD any time you feel like it (at least at home). With such freedom, you could CD more and perhaps figgure out WHY you CD. Remember, CDing is something we DO in order to satisfy some sort of yearning in our psyche.---- not what we ARE. We may CD for sexual pleasure, the "Rush" of violating a social or mental taboo, to detach from oyr normal identity, or the most obvious, but not necessarily acurate reason, of "wanting to be a woman"---etc. Its only by being able to CD at will, do we have a proper opportunity to "analyze" ourselves.
CDing becomes much easier and less confusing when we know . or think we know , WHY we do it.---There is no cure, but its a lot more fun and can be done more efficiently for the greatest psychological rewards when we figgure out the WHY---and address those issues directly.

DonnaT
11-19-2007, 08:29 AM
First, you need to talk to a gender therapist. There should be quite a few where you live, or nearby.

Second, said therapist can refer you to a doctor for hormones, if said therapist and you come to a conclusion you are TS, not CD. Hormones should only be taken under a doctors care.

See http://tgguide.com

LindaTS
11-19-2007, 10:56 AM
Hi Molie,
Sounds like you could do with some information. I'd recommend www.transgendercare.com and/or www.transsexual.org for starters. Take your time when looking them over, there's a lot of info. here. Good luck.

AllieSF
11-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Hi Mollie,

There are many TG support organizations in the area. If I was in your place, I would get information from all of them, meet with those that appear most to satisfy your needs and then with their help develop a plan to get you going in the correct direction. Probably the first thing they or a counselor/therapist would do is to help you define that elusive and difficult to identify direction that will probably be best for you. Once you get all that going, the transformation, if that becomes the defined goal will start to fall into place with its normal and a few abnormal ups and downs. Without all that you will end up attacking this issue in a piecemeal fashion and may end up dissatisfied with the results. The U R Not Alone website has some local organizations to contact. Once you get 10 posts you can private message other members here for a more one on one conversation. Feel free to contact me at any time.

By the way welcome to this wonderful forum. It is nothing like Craigs List, nor any of the opther TG/CD sites out there. Take your time, read a lot of posts, and enjoy your stay here. It will be definitely worth your time and effort. I have met some wonderful "friends" here and have gone out with several of them for a girls night out.

trannie T
11-19-2007, 11:45 PM
You are fortunate to live in an area with an incrredible amount og gender resources. Find a counselor you trust then go from there. Enjoy the journey, where ever it takes you.

Khriss
11-20-2007, 02:27 AM
YOU are in controle ..Think about it ??
You make the choices .. then..
live with the consequenses .. of "choices " eh ??
Your choices ...molie .. then lament over bad ones ? ...
many of us have been there too...and now remember how