PDA

View Full Version : How we girls get our names

daviolin
11-19-2007, 02:14 PM
There are so many pretty girl names ot there it was hard to settle on one name. I tossed around so many names I forgot who I was. I wanted something very personal and pretty. My male name is David and I was trying to femintize it. I was having a bad time at it. I play the violin and It is a beautiful instrument in the right hands of course. So I combinded David with Violin and waLa Daviolin was born (The proper pronunciation is Da-va-lyn). I would love to hear from you other lady's on how you got your name's:love:DAVIOLIN

Mitch23
11-19-2007, 02:30 PM
and what a beautiful and unusual name it is too. mine is just a shortening of michelle, the fem version of mike - i like it although not everyone does

mitch

Lucy Bright
11-19-2007, 02:36 PM
Lucy is just what my parents would have called me had I been a GG. I quite like its associations (in the sky with diamonds, etc), but I don't really identify with it as me.

Kisses,

'Lucy'

KatieC
11-19-2007, 03:11 PM
Lucy is just what my parents would have called me had I been a GG. I quite like its associations (in the sky with diamonds, etc), but I don't really identify with it as me.

Hee hee. I picked my en-femme name the same way. My parents picked out two names before I was born, and had I been a GG, I would have been Kathleen (Katie). :heehee:

RylieCD
11-19-2007, 03:13 PM
Rylie is actually my dogs name. My wife came up with that.

pamela_a
11-19-2007, 03:21 PM
Paula is the fem of my male name. Since she's a part of me I didn't feel she needed a completely distinct name.

-Paula-

Katie Ashe
11-19-2007, 03:32 PM
I picked mine from Kate Beckinsale. I love her to death, she has a sexy accent, smart, caring, good actress, great body... Ain't she just beautiful :rose2:

Nicole Erin
11-19-2007, 05:03 PM
Well Daviolin is a good name with the pronunciation you give.
Some have a tendency of wanting to use "Davida" but that is a horrific version of "David"

Erin is my middle name, Aaron. Yes it is unisex, I would not use it if I was TS, but for being Cd it works fine.

Ruth
11-19-2007, 05:11 PM
I didn't exactly choose my name. My therapist advised me to look inside myself and ask my femme self what she would like to be called. I was sceptical at first because I was not really comfortable with having dialogs with myself (a hangover from childhood prejudices where talking to yourself was a sign of madness).
Anyway my therapist persuaded me and I persevered, and one day the answer just popped up. It's kind of spooky when you tell yourself something you didn't know! Anyway, the voice spoke and said my name is Ruth, and here we are!

Carroll
11-19-2007, 05:15 PM
Ah, how many times has this subject been a thread?:D
But always enjoy hearing how people come up with their female names.
For me, I didn't come up with my name, my wife did. I was trying to come up with a name, using variations of my real name, Chris. My wife simply looked at me and said "you look like a Carroll". The last name I use, "Acahti" is one I came up. Once you figure how I got the name, it makes sense:D

Brianna Lovely
11-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Mmm, inner voice? Maybe.
My first time out enfemme, a friend I was with, introduced me as Barbara to some of our friends.

A few days later, I was practicing my makeup and as I looked in the mirror, a voice said, "Barbara is'nt right, my name is Brianna, and I look lovely, so I'm Brianna Lovely".

For a second, the male side of me, saw the over-weight, old guy, in the mirror, and was hurt and almost laughed. But then, a warmth washed over me, and a soft voice whispered, "You are Brianna Lovely", and I smiled at my reflection in the mirror, and I lit up with a personal glow.

I've been Brianna Lovely ever since.

AndreaCalifCD
11-19-2007, 05:28 PM
My hair has always been "longer" than my parents would really have liked (it was always short! until I was about 15 when I started growing it long!)... I remember my Grandma when I was younger saying, "we'll have to change his name to Andrea"... So it kinda stuck with certain family members when it came to teasing... Which is OK...I like it (the name!)

Kiera20mi
11-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Mine came from 2 places =) ofcourse i have to be slightly complicated right girls?
1st place it came from was My GG name would have been Jessica Kayla. I wanted something like those 2 names but not common.. or real common.
And the second place it came from is my Ex G/f(before i came out((Gay))) She said Kayla wrong(she just couldnt say some words right) and said Kiela and it sounded ok, but i think Kiera is sooo much better

Sherlyn
11-19-2007, 05:39 PM
...hmmmm for me I just always liked the name's Sher and Lyn...now most ppl Ive met call me Sher A Lyn ...when its actually Sher-Lyn

tina jayne
11-19-2007, 05:42 PM
i was thinking of all kinds of names but i kind of liked tina jayne from the start so she stayed :happy:

ChanDelle
11-19-2007, 05:44 PM
I asked my mom one day what she would have named me had I been a girl, and she said Chandelle, an aerial maneuver. I changed it to ChanDelle because I like the looks and obvious acronym that can be derived from it. Seems to fit.

ChanDelle

Samantha43
11-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Gosh, mine isn't so complicated. I just have always liked the name Samantha, so it was a natural thing for me to adopt it.

vikki2020
11-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Way back when, I liked the name Michelle, but used Mikki if someone asked my name. Now, after a long break from dressing,I turned it into Vikki--new start,new name!The 2020 stands for the fact that now I see clearly that this is what I want; no more purges, no more guilt, no more stopping what I love to do!!

Raquelle C
11-19-2007, 06:16 PM
My SO's name is similar, and I always liked this name. Somewhat exotic, and there are some neat figures out there with this name. I just like it! My SO doesn't know what girl name I made up and I even might change it in the future.

Joni T
11-19-2007, 08:39 PM
My drab name is Jon. There was a girl whom I adored all through jr and hi schools whose name was Joni. I always wanted to date her but never got up the courage to ask her out. So now I can take Joni out any time I want.

Tiffany Leigh
11-19-2007, 09:20 PM
I always thought Tiffany was the prettiest name (OK so the prettiest girl in high school was named Tiffany and I adored her) and Leigh is my wifes middle name. Combined I thought the sounded very beautiful so it stuck.

SandyR
11-19-2007, 09:31 PM
In a effort to always conceal my ID, I thought, "my Aunt's name is Sandy" add first letter of my last name and, there you go "SandyR".

It sure did make sense when I signed up........hehe

SandyR

Debutante
11-19-2007, 09:37 PM
I chose 'Debutante' because I feel that new feeling... a new feminine girl, coming out for the first time... all in white.... but then i have to get real and
be a girl in the real world...

jennifer easton
11-19-2007, 10:04 PM
I've always been Jennifer,when I was young and started having the feelings of wanting to be who I was inside, there was a nieghbor girl who was a great friend, her name was jennifer, I always wanted to be just like her, so in my mind I was Jennifer and it stuck , thats been my name for 50 years now. the Easton part came a little later when I started buying things through the mail.

Taffy
11-19-2007, 10:23 PM
I bought one of those 20,000 Names for Baby books and went through it, carefully selecting the names which initially appealed to me. I created a list which I then read through each day for a week or so, crossing off any name that lost its appeal. When the list was down to around 10, I started saying the names out loud several times each day, once again crossing off those which did not feel like "me." After this, I was left with three or four names and I took time to go outside, in a fairly isolated area, and shout the names at the top of my lungs. Several times through this exercise and I was left with one name: Taffy.

When I went looking for an email account, I stumbled upon iName.com, the free email service. They offered email accounts in a large number of domains, including cheerful.com. I was fortunate to be able to register my account as taffy@cheerful.com and Taffy Cheerful was locked in as my name. By the way, I really, really, really do like my name.

Samantha B L
11-19-2007, 10:23 PM
Samantha B L is a fem version of my real name and middle and last initials. Actually I wanted to register with the forum as Samantha I M but the automatic registration system kept rejecting it. I always thought it would be a lot of fun to be called Samantha. This GG freind of mine in the Seventies started calling me that. Anyway I had already decided that if I ever met up with any CD/TS/TG people I would go by Samantha. By that time I decided that I would dress whenever I had the chance. This was further solidified by a freindship I had with a couple of other Cd's who both called me Samantha without even asking if I had a fem name first. So for any CD/TS/TG purposes,I've been Samantha ever since.

silkenhose
11-19-2007, 10:24 PM
well mine is strange and i am sure wierd to some people....pantyhosed came about from my SO, she said no matter what i was wearing i always had on pantyhose so......

i also go by the name silken which i wanted to change on this forum for a while just can not figure out how......as i have felt it might be more appropriate here

however i am a sissy crossdresser who loves being forced to wear things so the pantyhosed thing does fit

Rachana
11-19-2007, 10:34 PM
My name means ' a beautiful creation' and I have always liked the name.

KirstyChibiMoon
11-19-2007, 10:42 PM
My male name is David and I was trying to femintize it.
Interesting.... seems like alot of cd's keep the first letter of their boys name. Like my boys name is Kenny.
Three older female cousins used to dress me up when i was a toddler and they named me Kristy.... later on i decided to call myself Kirsty because it is a bit more unique :D

now for the rest of my name ChibiMoon... Chibi is short for Chibiusa Moon an anime character that i like to cosplay as at anime conventions.... Chibi also means dwarf or small/miniature...

you would have to have seen some sailor moon to fully understand.

JOEY88
11-19-2007, 10:43 PM
mine is zoey it means life ,i love it

Sinthia
11-19-2007, 10:50 PM
There are a lot of girl names that I like and many of them are already being used by other girls here, so I picked 'Cynthia' but changed the first letter so I would not be confused with someone else here . . . so 'Sinthia' was born.

alyssalove56
11-19-2007, 11:38 PM
Gosh, it's fun picking. Like some above, I went through some lists. I wanted to come close but not to close to the name my dear mother chose. I have some good freinds who call me Alyssa even when I'm in drab. So sweet.
They know its the real me.

Glenda58
11-20-2007, 12:07 AM
EX GF use to call me Glenda when she was mad at me. She knew that CD and she thought it would upset me. Boy was she wrong.

Susan.
11-20-2007, 01:45 AM
Pam was the beautiful blonde cheerleader in high school, 'nuff said. Anne was just something that came up so I didn't have to register at Yahoo as
Pam0907893 or something else too weird.

I love Kate Beckinsale too.
I picked mine from Kate Beckinsale. I love her to death, she has a sexy accent, smart, caring, good actress, great body... Ain't she just beautiful :rose2:

TVCassandra
11-20-2007, 01:53 AM
I chose Cassandra....although it had nothing as far a reference to my given name. I just always loved the name (had a girlfriend in high school that was named Cassie), so I guess I stole it and just made it a lil more xxxotic...the more Femine the name, the moe Fem I think the T-Girl feels.....I know it works for me Hun....Cassandra

Patricia Danielle
11-20-2007, 04:12 AM
My birth name was Patricia Danielle, all the great family physics said I was a girl befor I was born so I was named befor birth one of them family traditions ya know but somewhere I still have my original birth certifect with Patricia Danielle on it. My mom changed my name around and shortened it up when I was 7 years old..Patricia..

Phyliss
11-20-2007, 04:19 AM
My given name is Philip, so changing it into Phyliss was rather simple.

vivianann
11-20-2007, 04:55 AM
I got my name from a woman I met and fell in love with when I was 21 yrs old, she was a couple yrs older than I was, she was a very beautiful, and veluptuos, blonde babe, I asked her out many times, but she always told me no, we used to talk for hrs everyday, I finally asked her one day when I was talking to her " why wont you go out with me?", what she told me shocked the hell out of me because I had not told her about my desire to dress up like a woman. She told me that I was too efeminate for her, and that I was like one of the girls to her. well I denied it, but I could not hide it anymore, so I confessed to her a couple day later, that I likes to wear dresses, to that she asked me to come over so she could put me in one of her dresses, and make me over to look like a woman, a few days later I finally gave in and let her make me over into a woman, after she was done with me I looke just like her, so she called me Vivian 2 and she was Vivian 1.so the name stuck, I love the name, but to register here I had to register as vivianann , because the name Vivian was already taken. that is how I got my name.

Rachaelb64
11-20-2007, 05:01 AM
Mine name, came of a spine of a book, along with a few others but that one stuck :D

Amy Hepker
11-20-2007, 05:42 AM
I picked my name from a song, can you figure out which one???

lisa_e_love
11-20-2007, 05:48 AM
Lisa was the name of a classmate of mine I really admired - nothing romantic ever happened, I just liked her a lot and thought the name was pretty.

tamarav
11-20-2007, 08:46 AM
I picked my name way back when the initials TV were the defining initials for what was then known as a transvestite. I met a hairdresser named Tamara who was the kindest and nicest person you could imagine.

I simply admired her so much I borrowed her name and a few months later came up with the last name of Velarde simply because I wanted a last name that started with a V. Go figure. I have been Tamara V since...

Edwina
11-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Edwina is a feminisation of my middle name and also the name of a Lady in the 40s and 50s. I think she was Empress of India before their independence. She was so beautiful and ladylike I just wanted to be like her.
Somehow that is not quite working.:heehee:

:love:
Edwina

TV Wannabe
11-20-2007, 10:26 AM
I just Feminized my first name and used my middle name for my last.

barbiekendall
11-20-2007, 01:14 PM
Well, back in the pre-net days, I was a subsriber to "Dragazine". It was published/edited by "Lois Commondenominator" and she had regular submissions to the "Drag Name Game" such as Mona Littlemore, Eileen Over, Anita Cocktail, Pat Dry, Pam Teflon, Shanda Lear, etc. My wife and I used to fill-up notepads with new joke stage names all the time (our good friend back then was a drag performer and used to play the game too). I always thought it was fun, so my earliest online ID was Barbie Kendall.

Carla4Guage
11-20-2007, 01:29 PM
Fem version of my real name. Not original I know, but the truth. 4Guage - well let's just say I have a nipple piercing (quite large as you can gather).

Bonnie D
11-20-2007, 01:57 PM
I got mine from the first girl I was friends with back when I was 5 years old. Her name was Bonnie. Our fathers were in the Canadian military and after a few years in Germany we moved. I never saw her again but never forgot her.

Her name and my male name begin with the same letter. Therefore I decided to choose my middle name to begin with the same letter as my middle name D. D is for Dawn. When I order femme things on-line and when I applied for a credit card that would only be used for such things I only use my initials BD and my real surname. So it works out fine.

Bonnie

trannie T
11-20-2007, 11:54 PM
I chose the name Judy after my fourth grade teacher, she was a good teacher and a wonderful person, she died far too young.
I know a pair of twins who were named by their uncle, the girl was named Denise, the oy was named Danephew.

MonikaW
11-21-2007, 12:28 AM
I don't really have a story about how I came up with Monika. One day it just came to me, and I really don't know why. However, a couple of years after I adopted the name a cousin of mine married a woman named Monika, and another cousin dated one for a couple of years. I remember my mom remarking once to the sudden appearance of two Monikas in the family. If she only knew there were three, and I was the first. LOL.

Interestingly enough, those late comers are not around anymore. The first ended in divorce and the other cousin broke up with his girlfriend and married someone else. I'm still around - the original and still the best.

:D

LynnInDenver
11-21-2007, 01:51 AM
Me, my femme name is my real name, with my drab first name knocked off. Yes, Lynn is actually my middle name, but it does feel right to do it that way for me. :D

Applelicious
11-21-2007, 02:22 AM
My femme name is still not set in stone, and seems to change each and everytime I go out CD. When I came to this site, I noticed a lot of T-girls using the female names they have given themselves, or given to them. Since I have yet to make a permanent decision, I went with Applelicious here on the forums. I also love just about anything with apples in it: apple sauce, apple cider, apple jelly, regular 'ol apples, apple flavored lip gloss, and applebottom jeans! :D Apples are delicious, hence the name you now see. When I do make my permanent decision, I will be sure to post it or include it in a sig or something. :battingeyelashes:

Suzy Harrison
11-21-2007, 08:01 AM
I've had this name for so long I honestly can't remember why I choose it. I think Suzy is a sexy name (for some reason) - but that's all I can remember.

I know I'm a blonde, but my mind's a bit of a blank on the subject !

I even wonder sometimes if that was my name in a past life and I'm just re-living it all over again. It's a mystery to me really.............

tiffanythecd2001
11-21-2007, 08:27 AM
:happy:Goodmorning; My cd name because i was going to house auctions at the sales barn, they brought out a tiffany lamp, so very pretty with it stain glass top, multi colored top en brass base , i had ta had it, i paid $1700 ,but now found out its a org and worth twice that now, so the the auctioneer sold to mr Tiffany, i knew him well and everybody at auction called me Tiffany, so it stuck, thats my new nickname at auction now, now for Indian name is Running bear, cause i was blood brother to cheif, en he said i always running here there en never could sit still long enuf , so he named me Running Bear, my male name is Everett after a local great dirt track race car driver, so theres the short en bolts of my names, Tiffany.:heehee:

susanmichelle
11-21-2007, 09:31 AM
If I had been born a GG then my name would have been Susan. My dad told me at a young age if i had been born a girl that would have been my name. He was a witness to a terrible auto accident. Had to go to court for the guy and they ended up best friends for over 40 years. The guy happened to own a florist called Susan's so thats my story and Im sticking too it LOL

Susan Michelle :happy:

daviolin
11-21-2007, 10:10 AM
Well Daviolin is a good name with the pronunciation you give.
Some have a tendency of wanting to use "Davida" but that is a horrific version of "David"

Erin is my middle name, Aaron. Yes it is unisex, I would not use it if I was TS, but for being Cd it works fine.

I Think your as pretty as your name:love:Daviolin

Becca
11-21-2007, 01:54 PM
I have met several GG named Rebecca that I admired. For me, the choice was very easy.

lauren
11-21-2007, 02:57 PM
I thought for some time about my choice for a femme name and finally settled on Lauren Patricia. Lauren because it is a soft, flowing name, and Patricia for my youngest sister. The 3 initials are my logon id anyway so it was convenient.

mollytyler
11-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Molly...from my favorite Aunt who nurtured and accepted early on my feminine needs

Sasha Anne Meadows
11-21-2007, 03:51 PM
I chose Sasha because thet is the person I saw in the mirror after my wife made me up for the first time. Added Anne to make it more femmie because Sasha is also a boy name. Meadows is the English translation of my last name.

Sasna Anne Meadows

livy_m_b
11-21-2007, 04:13 PM
I spent a lot of time trying to come up with a clearly feminine name that was not that of anyone in my family or circle of friends. Since I've used it, I've tried to change it a few times, but it turns out my friends think of me by the name they've been using, so I'm stuck, I guess. Darn. :)

jennifer marie
11-21-2007, 04:43 PM
Mom always told me I would have been Jennifer and called me that when she dressed me up. Added Marie because my wife liked Jennifer Marie

Victoria Anne
11-21-2007, 06:05 PM
For me it was easy I just felt like Victoria Anne so there it is though I like to go by Viccy

robynwi
12-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Robyn is the name my mother would of given to me if I was born a girl, (Sigh*, how I wish)

EDNA
12-02-2007, 05:27 PM
My Mother and three of my favorite Aunts. By using the first letter of thier first names.

Scotty
12-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Mine is my name. It's what everyone calls me as well.

I'm going to try to get my credit card changed over next time I renew one :)

annieelmira
12-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Hehe... ok here goes:

Most DQ's split between having an "authentic" name: i.e. Cyndy Phillips or having a tounge in cheek name a la Anita Mann.

My stage name is Anna Rexia. Why? Not to be stupid about a very serious disease (esp. since I'm a nurse) but because in drab I'm 6'5" tall, weigh 275 pounds and am built like a pro linebacker! It's just a very (for me) tounge in cheek thing.

Over the years, most people have just shortened it to Annie. And for those days after where I wake up half in and half out of drag? It's "Andy" all the way ;)

SweetCaroline
12-02-2007, 05:47 PM
I've been Caroline Anderson since I was nineteen. It's a very long story, but such is life. "Caroline" was originally a member of a fictional rock band I imagined as a teen.

She later became "Maraline Blueshaw" in a middle earth type fantasy I had when I was about sixteen.

She finally became "Caroline the Lion Lady" in a story I wrote, and drew as a comic strip when I was in college for the first time.

I finally wrote the comic into a novel about five years ago, when I turned thirty. I finally found my middle name, Emily, after Emily Dickenson, realizing we had a lot of things in common.

For me it's a lifelong, spiritual connection that I can never part with. I am Caroline, and I will always be Caroline.

I hope that answers your question.

terrinoble
12-02-2007, 06:00 PM
Repeating an older post:

I wanted a name that was (a) not a feminized version of my male name and (b) did not have the same initials.
I like anagrams. I took scrabble tiles spelling out my real, full name and the best I could come up with was Terri Marge Noble.
"Terri Noble" had a nice ring, I thought, and I started using that when I put up my first website eight years ago.

idashine
12-02-2007, 06:11 PM
For me picking a name was very scary. Because I had to acknowledge there was more to me than appears to be. But, one day looking at myself ,a though developed. I would have shined as a girl. Therefore, Ida Shine was welcomed to move with me were every life takes us.

Raychel
12-02-2007, 06:48 PM
I tried several differant bnames on a bunch of differant forums. This name is just an extension of my male name. This is the name I will keep, just like this is the forum that I will stay on.

MJ
12-02-2007, 07:00 PM
i have always liked the name mj . but i did not like Mary Jane so i looked through baby names and Marissa sounded nice the j is from a gg friend i knew who accepted me back then Jennifer my last name was from a cartoon series i like Futurama . fry *the boy who slept for a 1000 years * so you have the girl mj "spider-man" and the boy fry "futurama" Marissa Jennifer Fry

SiobhanW
12-02-2007, 07:49 PM
I wanted something that reflected my Irish heritage.

katieblush
12-02-2007, 07:57 PM
katieblush,well after having 2 other names this name felt right for me,i blush very easy,and i allways had a soft spot for the singer Kate Bush she had me in a trance when i was younger i wanted to be just like her,so thats how my name came to be.

KatrinaAshley
12-02-2007, 08:40 PM
I'm not content with mine. I tossed around a lot of names when I signed up. Some names from school, one or two from old friends. I always had a thing for Katie but it was too common. I needed a name to register so I used Katrina which was close. After hearing and seeing it a while I wasn't too fond of it. Too harsh sounding. Katie Ashley doesn't sound any better.

For now it's only a screenname and can cope. If I had been using it publicly it would be something else.

MAJESTYK
12-02-2007, 09:32 PM
I was fortunate enough to be born with a name that I dont need to change into anything else. It's a name that I really wasnt comfortable with when I was a kid in the 60's because it was also the name of Roy Roger's wife but I've learned that it really is neat how it works for both of me. Suddenly, I really like it.

Dizzy-Chan
12-02-2007, 10:20 PM
got Dizzy from Guilty Gear. In all honesty, it probably should have been Bridget, but Dizzy is a much cuter name.

Stormgirl
12-02-2007, 10:26 PM
I was bored one day and was listening to The Sex Pistols and got to wondering about the name "Johnny Rotten." Then it hit me,change it to JennyRotten. I am thinking about just having my name changed to Jennifer though.

Toni Shelton
12-02-2007, 10:29 PM
This was my wifes idea. A good one I think.

Jilmac
12-02-2007, 11:31 PM
For me, it was as simple as changing one letter. In male mode I'm bill, change the b to j and I'm Jill

Bethany_Anne_Fae
12-02-2007, 11:58 PM
I'll be honest here. I'm a bit of an egotist lol

I started out going by the name Lady Krystyna Sylvia G. But in our world you run into so many variations on Krys that it boggles the mind.

Years ago I had a GG friend named Zara and I thought that would make a rather unique and pretty choice for my Gothic/Victorian en femme side... so lady Zarabeth was born :)

Dian077
12-03-2007, 08:48 AM
Well mine just came to me. I guess it could be a spin of my male side (Donnie). I guess I have just always liked Dian. The 077 os just something thrown on. No special meaning on the 077 LOL

Dawn Marie
12-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Dawn was the female counter part of Don , and no Texas girl would be without a rhyming middle name, so Marie was added.

Kathy Renee
12-09-2007, 10:47 PM
I had always liked the name Kathy and used it as my fem name forever. I learned a few years ago that some baby name personality study defined Kathy as a dark-haired woman who is quiet, friendly and very kind. I found it an unbelievable coincidence that the description fit me perfectly. While signing up for CrossDressers.com I decided that I needed a middle name. I always liked Renee. I looked up Renee and one source said that Renee meant reborn or born again. I found this to be another unbelievable coincidence as I considered my entrance to CrossDressers.com as something of a rebirth.

Rebecca03038
12-10-2007, 07:18 AM
OK, everyone is going to think this is totally lame but I used to watch Cheers all the time and there was always something about Kirstie Alley's character that appealed to me. Maybe I wanted to be like her, I don't know. But for those that dont remember the show, she was Rebecca Howe

Shelly67
12-10-2007, 07:23 AM
I love the name Michelle - cept when Paul Mcartney sings it lol !
I was online a few years back - someone kindly said I looked a little like Michelle Phiffier ( sorry spelling ) so it just stuck really .
Just thought I,d use the name Mistress to enhance it further ..........

shauna 9
12-12-2007, 09:01 AM
shauna just came to me.

kellitease
12-12-2007, 10:23 AM
I used to call myself Michelle but after a while I discovered that there were quite a few Michelles out there.

Came up with the name Kelli after watching a movie with Kelli Lynch in it. the tease part came from an old boyfriend who thought that I was such a tease.

Kisses from Kelli:kiss:

Marvina Martian
12-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Well mine certinly was simple enough, I just took Brent and shortened it to Bre! Sometimes I add the a at the end for proper spelling, but when I get stuff in the mail it is nice and easy to just have it be Bre.
I actually have always like the name Brea and Breanna, so it was just too good not to make it mine!

From Wikipedia,
In Irish mythology, the god Brea was one of the Tuatha Dé Danann. He fathered a son with a beautiful peasant girl with elf like qualities. On his birth his father named the boy Negraf Eimaj or Dark Angel.

KayHenderson
12-12-2007, 11:44 AM
I found my birth mother after 59 years. Henderson was her maiden name. She and I turned out to be very much alike.

Kay is the Diane Keaton character in the "Godfather" films.

Denielleinheels
12-12-2007, 12:21 PM
My mother once said that if she had a daughter her name would have Denise Michelle... well she sort of did so I combined them.

Maria2004
12-12-2007, 01:36 PM
I love latin women, be they from Spain, Italy, Mexico, etc. My wife is Mexican/Italian and very beautiful by any objective standard. When I first started dressing completely, I felt I had a latina look going on with my dark skin and eyes and that's the image I wanted to project and my male name is totally unsuitable. I have a vivid memory from 1st grade, of this Cuban girl, always impeccably dressed, hair done up in ribbons in a Spanish style, and taller then most of us. When I approached her and asked her name, her eyes seemed to flash as she said with fierce pride to this peasant who had presumed to address her, "My name, is Maria Elaina!" then turned on her heel and dismissed me. I so wanted to hate her guts but just couldn't :heehee:

I thought about several names I liked but Maria held the most meaning to me, and Andres is the Spanish version of my middle name. It has become part of my identity and I will never change it.

HiDesert Heidi
12-12-2007, 03:30 PM
About 12 yrs ago, I had to take a job offer at an aircraft repair station in Washington St. There was this cute little girl on the crew I was assigned to. Unfortunately she was engaged to her high school sweetheart and she was at least 25 years younger than me. We had a small crew so it was inevitable that we worked together and we became fairly good friends. But that was all. About 6 months later several of us were pulled out to go to a brand new hanger and work a special project on 1 of Niki Lauda's planes. When we finished that one we got another special project, a 747 bought by Kazakstan, that needed a lot of work, so the rest of the crew was brought in. That young cutie came in too but I soon learned that she and her boyfriend were taking a job in North Carolina and I had decided to head back to Calif when I was finished with this plane. One night near the end on a drizzling nite I went out to the boneyard for a smoke. I found a shipping crate with a side removed so I stepped in to stay dry. After about 2 or 3 minutes there she was. She said she saw me going outside and thst her boyfriend wouldn't let her smoke and she wanted one real bad. So I gave her one and when I went to light it for her she dropped the zipper on her coverall's all the way down and had them off her shoulders and around her knees in the blink of an eye. And there she stood wearing a bra, garter belt and stockings and combat boots. I always wore panties under my coverall's but my mind was focused on her untill she had mine down too. She saw my panties and took a step back, I was in shock, standing there with my mouth open, my coverall's around my boots, I heard a loud 'OH MY GOD'. Next thing I know I'm falling backwards to the floor . Afterwards we did have a smoke and she said she was startled, never having seen a man in panties, She also told me that she had had the hots for me from day one and since she was leaving soon she just had to do what she did. She said she had never acted like that before but she just had to do it, to act out a fantasy she had for quite a while. When we were walking back to the building she said she was going to buy her boyfriend some panties and make him wear them. Within a week they had packed up and were gone. I thought about what might have been had they stayed there and if he had refused to wear the panties, for a long time afterward. I still think about her occasionally, always with a smile and a familiar feeling in my panties. Her name was Susan......NOOOOT. Of course it was Heidi...

corrinediane
12-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Good one Heidi! Corrine was the first girl that let me into her bra. I was 16. It was a white tricot softcup. I can remember it like yesterday, we're in the tall grass next to a stream near her house and really into the heavy petting and I kept thinking I'd just love to wear that bra as I getting my first taste of a real breast. Always wondered what panties she was wearing that day cause I never got her to take her jeans off. I'd put those on to. Diane was the first gg I did it with. She had the biggest boobs! She went to a private catholic school and boy was she nasty. She gave me my first bj and she was the first girl I went down on. And yes, I wanted to wear her clothes too! So thats my story. I still enjoy the eroticism of dressing.

Janis Edwards
12-12-2007, 04:52 PM
There are so many pretty girl names ot there it was hard to settle on one name. I tossed around so many names I forgot who I was. I wanted something very personal and pretty. My male name is David and I was trying to femintize it. I was having a bad time at it. I play the violin and It is a beautiful instrument in the right hands of course. So I combinded David with Violin and waLa Daviolin was born (The proper pronunciation is Da-va-lyn). I would love to hear from you other lady's on how you got your name's:love:DAVIOLIN
It is very hard to pick a name. I bounced from one name to another for many years and finally decided my last name would be Edwards after my real middle name Edward and Janis after a beautiful GG friend named Janis who was lost in a car accident several years ago.

verena
12-12-2007, 04:59 PM
My first girl friend has the same name.

lynda o
12-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Middle name is an old family name Lynd so it was an easy transition.

Valerie
12-12-2007, 06:06 PM
My wife came up with the name, which reminds us of valor, courage, which I hope I have.

Valerie

Jennifer Giovannetta
12-12-2007, 06:10 PM
I think that is a nice name. Some parents make up names for babies that fit the circumstances around the birth. Its perfectly acceptable to me. To me, it suggests culture and beauty.

june58
12-12-2007, 06:27 PM
The first time I dressed in front of my wife she asked if I was trying to be June Cleaver, from the 1950's television show Leave it to Beaver, and so the name June.

Jessika Paige
12-13-2007, 03:55 AM
while self-emloyed i did a job. the girl who answered the door introduced herself as "jessika with a k". she was adorable! she was also very flirtatious. guys are well known for not reading subtle hints...she was waving the come and get it banner. i took no action. i'm no cheat. but the images of her from the few days i spent at her house are etched in my memory. if i could become any woman i have ever met, it would most likely be her...but i could never be so hot! the 69 was added cuz jessika was taken. i will change it soon, if the board allows it.

charllote34
12-13-2007, 05:02 AM
Got mine off a ex who was two timming me , revenge is a dish best served cold!!

Carly D.
12-14-2007, 04:55 PM
I wish I had a clever reason for my Carly name.. truth is Carly, like most people here, wasn't my original name for my fem persona.. originally I went with Kristeena.. for no other reason than I thought it was a cool name and it was also a quick fix to a situation of fact.. I got on the internet and went to some cross dress sites as well as basic trans gender sites and wanted some e-mails sent to me and so I started a email account with hotmail or wherever and needed a reasonable name, rather than my male name.. so Kristeena was born quite quickly so I could have them send an email to me as Kristeena rather then "dear sir or madam".. this past February I changed to a more suitable(?) name and one that the initials were closer (actually) to my real name, and Carly was born and Kristeena was buried at her (his) email address.. poor girl.. I think I even wrote an obit for her at her yahoo 360 site.. how sick, hu??? anyway the feeling I have is that Carly is less of a pretty priss name and more identifiable by me in male mode.. closer to my persona now than Kristeena was to my persona..

countrygirl
12-14-2007, 05:18 PM
I got my female name after watching TV....

I heard the name Amanda and I liked the name as it is Female yet it says to me being from the country.....

Amanda

tiffanyanne_69
12-14-2007, 05:55 PM
There are some wonderful stories on how some of you decided on your gurl names. My name came to me in a dream one night while I was in the middle of the final struggle of accepting "ME" as who I am. I really didn't know any Tiffany's or anything so I'm really not sure where it came from in my dream . . . all I know is I woke up in the morning and I finally knew who I was. Best dream of my life.

christina marie
12-14-2007, 06:58 PM
we have a "special" person at work who has called me christina since he met me, seems to work for me, and he is an excellent fellow,so i guess its kind of in his honor. heres to you ,tim :drink:

Ashley Williams
12-20-2007, 06:13 PM
My male has always been spelt wrong - even by members of my family and close friends - so it seemed entirely natural to spell it the more commonly used girly way. Certainly avoids confusion - though it may be a bit more difficult to tell if someone I know reads me!

There's a challenge for the future!

AstraJupiter
12-20-2007, 06:27 PM
I am a very new member,(2 days ago) and have only just managed to work out how to reply and post new threads.

My name was a spare of the moment thing,when I decided to register,and had to come up with a name and password I was stumped.After 10 minutes I came up with Astra_Jupiter.

As I have always been interested in astronomy,and part of my secondary school crest included the words "Ad Astra",meaning
To the Stars, that was why i chose it .Also,I heard someone talking on local radio about a new book about space, and he used the expression " We are all made of stardust",meaning that all the atoms and molocules that make up everything in the universe,are the same as they were at the time of the "Big Bang".So as they say ,"What goes around ,comes around",or some thing like that.

But I may have wandered a bit off the track of the thread,but that is the way I am.

Hope to post again soon

Astra

battybattybats
12-20-2007, 07:11 PM
My forum name battybattybats was one I'd used on another, now defunct, forum on a different subject and was one that I was sure my (now ex) girlfriend wouldn't guess.

I have hardly socialised in girl mode so I haven't really settled on a proper girl name. In one roleplaying game (Conspiracy X) I ran, I really got into the character of an npc called Elizabeth (actually a reformed vampire version of infamous Ersebet Bathory) so I'm fairly partial to that or a varient thereof, but also as my Mum didn't know what gender I'd be before I was born she picked two names and the girl one was Tegan (not sure of the spelling though, I should ask her one day).

I'm really quite fond of my male name though, which makes finding a girl one I could settle on difficult.

julia ann
12-20-2007, 09:11 PM
I also took what would have been my name had I been born properly, Julia Ann is my younger sisters name. I was Allison for a while hopwever when my wife discovered me and my P.O. box it did not go well on many levels including the name as that was to be the name of our first born girl,we have three boys. My last name of Bassett while it has a nice ring ,I think, is the name of the street I live on in Michigan{ talk about dropping identity hints.}

RachR
12-20-2007, 09:44 PM
I decided on Rachael as the "R" matches my male name and it's just a name I like and it "feels" right. Although Katie, and most any variation, is a name I love but didn't seem to fit me.

Carly CD
12-20-2007, 09:48 PM
My wife gave me my name.She named me after Carly from General Hospital.She said we are alot alike LOL.

Kandi
12-20-2007, 10:03 PM
For years I kept my stash in an Candy apple card board box. When my wife and I talked about a name we came up with "kandi" from the box....just how sweet I am. :heehee:

nettiereno GG
12-22-2007, 09:55 AM
Hi,

GG here. Hope you don't mind my putting my two cents in on the name issue. I named my sweet thing. I was thinking of Aurora, but decided on Adora, as it means beloved. And she is surely my beloved one! I wanted my beautiful girl to have a beautiful name.

Happy Holidays to all.

Annette

Tracy Lynn
12-22-2007, 09:58 AM
My real name is Tracy, just cahnged the ending.

AudreyII
12-22-2007, 03:20 PM
For many years I have used the name of my favourited Shakespeare character, 'Touchstone', as my ID in a variety of chat pages.
Touchstone eventually marries a girl named Audrey, I thought it was only fitting that I used this as the name of my 'other half'.
The II is only there 'cos someone else aready had Audrey
(Nothing to do with the fact I once played the role of Orin in "The Little Shop of Horrors).

shirley1
12-22-2007, 06:37 PM
i havnt really got a definate femme name there are so many girls names i like i would have to go full time before settlin on one - i like lorraine and thats the one i'd probably go for long term caus i used to work with a girl with that name and i had a bit of an infatuation with her for a time - i guess some just add 'a' to the end of their real name ie paula, carla ect but i think you could go for a name of a girl you have known and liked - i dont really like the name dawn much but knew a girl called this so i could go with it - i certainly wouldnt go with shirley as my name on here suggests its too unisex - sandra yeh i like that too i guess until you come out of the closet it doesnt really matter what you call yourself and people change their names anyway sometimes i like to think i am many different women hence the song by whitney houston "i'm every women"

Seville
12-22-2007, 10:14 PM
I chose my name to honor the magnificent, well-coffed, well-dressed
gorgeous women I watched in the plazas of Southern Spain.
MMMMmmmm.......:thumbsup:

Crystal Alberta
12-23-2007, 02:02 AM
A few years ago, I told a good GG friend about my dressing. She was very supportive right from the beginning, and mentioned "Crystal," just in passing, as a possible name. I took a liking to it straight away.

Crystal

Kieroney
12-23-2007, 02:13 AM
Well my firsr name, just took off the en at the end,and added some femme to it with the oney. Never really liked my name until now.

Trinni
12-23-2007, 03:22 PM
I guess I was just lucky because my name just came to me without even trying.

aeryn
12-23-2007, 04:24 PM
I needed a femme name for a board and I'm a sci fi geek. Aeryn is from Farscape, a great but misunderstood sci fi show.

vivian fair
12-23-2007, 09:52 PM
name taken from a friend I once knew. Necessary to join as the name I'd used for years has been perloined by another. That name is Regina Ramsey, of Tinas NCO club. Which is the real me.

carie
12-25-2007, 02:59 PM
mine is easy . its actually my real name .

my short name + slang language= sounds like Carie in english . so there you go ..and i like it ..:happy:

marny
12-26-2007, 12:44 AM
sure stands out hon!

Tatiana_Fury
12-26-2007, 01:50 AM
I simply took the name I would've been given if I'd been born as a GG. The name "Sharon" simply just feels right. And as the old saying goes, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Sharon

Joann0830
12-26-2007, 02:48 AM
My Name is Joe so I had often received junk mail from ladies advertisements with the name Jo, so that was the beginning, I then used a partial of my Moms name who always said I should have been born a Girl. Then I used a name of My favorite Aunt who also took care of me and a name that was found a lot in my family on my Dads and Mothers side and that was Marie. So I became Jo-Ann Marie. Joann Marie also by luck followed my Real names Initials J.M., So I kind of Lucked out as I can use my
initials J.M. with my last name on packagaes that I order and even got a credit card with that on it. :heehee::love:Joann0830

jessicacn74
12-26-2007, 03:14 AM
hi my name is jessica elizabeth rains my male name is paul , i been crossdressing and living as a female for most of my life and i got my female name from a d&d careature i made for that time she is very much who i am and well be forever because the male side of me is fading and jessica elizabeth rains is the godess in my life......... jessica elizabeth rains:heehee:

Audrey34
12-26-2007, 10:19 AM
When I was a kid one of my favorite cartoon characters was "Little Audrey". I collected dozens of her comic books growing up. So when it was time for a fem name Audrey sounded quite right to me. And guess what? At my last Tri-Ess meeting, a very lovely GG actually helped me pick out a last name! My full name is now Audrey Miller and I like it!

Kelli Taylor
12-26-2007, 04:44 PM
where i came up with the idea for the name I use is actually pretty boring. I used to watch the tv show beverly hills 90210 and had a crush on the blond(actually like brunettes though) and her name was kelli. See, pretty boring huh?

kelli

angelfire
12-26-2007, 05:09 PM
I chose Jessica, because for some reason I have always liked it, and it was the name of my first grade school crush.

PrittyNPink23
12-26-2007, 07:55 PM
I always liked the name Sabrina. So I naturally had to take it for my own.

serinalynn
12-26-2007, 08:04 PM
My paternal grand mothers middle name was Serina. THe Lynn part is the last name of a girl I went to grade school with. thusly Serina Lynn