PDA

View Full Version : pierced ears

pantylover8
11-19-2007, 10:50 PM
My wife recently brought up the idea of getting my ears pierced. I would really like to do it but I am worried about what people would say at work. I work in a factory. How many people here have their ears pierced and what advice would you give me if I decided to get them pierced?

kimmy p
11-19-2007, 10:59 PM
My wife recently brought up the idea of getting my ears pierced. I would really like to do it but I am worried about what people would say at work. I work in a factory. How many people here have their ears pierced and what advice would you give me if I decided to get them pierced?

At thirty one years old I had mine pierced. NO problems in eight years. Heck, in a factory you shouldn't have to worry about much of a dress code so it'll be easier in the beginning. If any one asks tell them it's trendy, and you felt like it. I just said it was a early midlife crisis, and I wanted to do something my mom would never let me as a teenager. Don't worry, just do it. If you have problems take them out and let them heal over.

Kimmy P.

reneecd13
11-19-2007, 11:01 PM
Well lets see I have 4 holes in each ear. So that means I wear 8 ear rings. And so far know one has ever said any thing to me about it. Not even the kids at the school where my boys go. Even having no body hair people never sat=y anything to me. To me now a days I think people really do not care if you wear ear rings at all. So good luck with it and I hope you will do it. Take Care and Have a Great Day

Renee:love:

Glenda58
11-20-2007, 12:02 AM
I was 58 when I got my ears pierced I also worked in a factory I took a little ribbing at first then it stopped. After the first month you can take out the starter studs snd wear diamond studs after that and after work the holes don't close up if you wear them at night only.

Daintre
11-20-2007, 12:13 AM
After the starter studs come out, just use small studs. I really don't think you will get much ribbing though.

Lisa Renee
11-20-2007, 01:27 AM
I had my ears pierced about 3 years ago. and I to was worried about the reaction I would recieve at work. It took about a month before anyone even noticed. I had small studs. And when they did they really didn't say anything. One of the girls in the office even liked them, and told me I would probably want to get a second hole in each ear and I am thinking about it.

Susan.
11-20-2007, 01:36 AM
On Halloween I went as a pirate and wore one earring. A couple of cute women (who happened to be lesbians) started a conversation that I should get my ears pieced, yadda, yadda yadda. I'd loved to have said, lets do it right now, but, alas, my wife doesn't even have hers pierced, but that is another story. :(

Jessica Z. Reese
11-20-2007, 01:52 AM
im getting mine done at my wifes request this weekend

Kisses
Jamie

trannie T
11-20-2007, 02:00 AM
When I had my ears pierced a few people asked why I had both ears done instead of just the left. I had two answers, "Earrings come in pairs, I don't want to waste one." and "I didn't want to discriminate between the right and left ears." All the people who asked were somewhat dim so they accepted my answers with no further comment.

morgan51
11-20-2007, 07:42 AM
wear 2 in each ear at this time have had as many as 13 in left ear and 3 in right ear at one point no one has ever said anything. Morgan

tamarav
11-20-2007, 07:54 AM
The fear of piercing your ears is very sound, especially for us older CDs. I used to work in an office and had a lot of meetings with the staffs of many different types of people. I felt that I would lose some credibility (for whatever stupid reason) in the eyes of my bosses if I had obvious pierced ears. I pierced them anyway and wore pieces of monofilament line in the holes when at work. I never did have obvious pierced ears in the office.

Now that I work as a cosmetologist I would be out of place without a few earrings, in fact a nose piercing is my next idea. I do have a double pierced belly button and I show it off fairly often when dressed. Read all about the trials and tribulations of that adventure on my web site, it is way too much to re-post here.

For those of you who hesitate showing the ear piercing, simply camo them in one way or another until the day you are ready to let the world see them. That way you don't suffer the infections and th scar tissue that has to be re-pierced over and over again because we hesitate and take out the studs long before they are fully healed.

Just do it and take the comments, learn to deal with comments, just as women do on a daily basis. You may find that there are less comments than you expected...

Your sis,

Tami

Trish
11-20-2007, 07:57 AM
When I had my ears pierced, I would take out the studs for work, and put them in at night. They healed just fine.

LindaTS
11-20-2007, 09:32 AM
I've had my ears pierced for about 30 years and not one person has ever mentioned it. Most people don't notice it or choose to ignore it.

Regina
11-20-2007, 11:15 AM
Hi,

I was 37 when i had both of mine done...and i was working in a factory at that time. I got a few comments the first day, nothing horrible most were positive, no regrets. Good Luck!

Regina

Dawn D.
11-20-2007, 11:50 AM
I think I live in the most Redneck part of California. Heck, half of my friends are rednecks. In fact, you might be a redneck if you don't have earings!:RND1: I am the only one of any of my friends or aquaintences (males) that does have earings (both ears). My point is, if you want them .....GET THEM.......Yes, I had some of my friends ask "Why". My answer, was simple yet somewhat confusing to some of them, "Because I am old enough!" End of comments, plain and simple. In other words, I don't have to justify getting something like earings. I don't live in their house and they don't pay my bills. Haven't lost a single friend or aquaintence because of earings.

So, go get 'em Girlfriend!

Dawn

JenniferMBlack
11-20-2007, 12:01 PM
I don't know why it is such a big deal with the ear piercing here. Look around some time at other guys a lot of them have their ears pierced. It isn't just for pirates and girls any more in fact even when I was in school some 20 years ago when I had mine done it was no big deal to get your ears pierced as a guy. In fact the only people who said any thing then and even now was my older relatives. The only other time anyone said any thing about my ears being pierced was when I had in 2 carat diamond studs. A friend said he has a mirror in each of his ears, only commenting on the size of the ear ring and how shiny it was.

TxKimberly
11-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Had 'em pierced when I was in my early 30's. There were maybe three comments about a mid life crises but other than that, no one cared in the least. Pierced ears are COMMON today for men - it is nothing special or unusual in todays world. Go get it done, you will have so many more options for ear rings and you will LOVE them!

. . . I felt that I would lose some credibility (for whatever stupid reason) in the eyes of my bosses if I had obvious pierced ears. I pierced them anyway and wore pieces of monofilament line in the holes when at work. I never did have obvious pierced ears in the office.

I did this as well. While I advocate getting your ears pierced, I do not personaly think wearing ear rings to work in the office presents a professional image. So yes, they are pierced, but no, I don't wear ear rings to work.
Of course I guess it also depends on where you work! :-)

tina jayne
11-20-2007, 12:39 PM
hi i have one ear done for a long time them 4 weeks ago i had the other one done due to my job i cant wear them in the day ,but at night and at weekend its different and shopping for earings is fun too enjoy it there your ears :happy:

Angie G
11-20-2007, 12:53 PM
Regnia get them done I had mine done this year I got some ribbing at work all in fun and it went away. I love being able to wear nice earrings when I dress not being limited to clip-on is above great so do yourself a favor and get it done. and if it's your wifes idea well jump on it hun :hugs:
Angie

Brianna Lovely
11-20-2007, 01:11 PM
I got mine pierced this past January, at the age of sixty.
The only studs I wore was for the healing time, after that, it's been "real" earrings only.

I did have a man ask me why I wear fem earrings all the time and not studs. I told him, hon, you can wear studs, if you're a stud, if not, be yourself and wear fem earrings.

Nikki A.
11-20-2007, 02:07 PM
I had one done a few year back and finally got the other ear done this weekend. Nobody notices and no one should care. I'm in my mid fiftys and in sales.

Nicole Erin
11-20-2007, 03:30 PM
I got mine pierced this past January, at the age of sixty.
The only studs I wore was for the healing time, after that, it's been "real" earrings only.

I did have a man ask me why I wear fem earrings all the time and not studs. I told him, hon, you can wear studs, if you're a stud, if not, be yourself and wear fem earrings.

Not a bit shy are we? :D

But Brianna brings up a good point - it is not wearing earrings that is masculine or feminine, it is the earrings themselves that are m or f.
These days, there is nothing gender specific about having pierced ears. There is men's jewelry and there is women's. BUT if you ARE worried, just use men's earrings to start while the holes are healing. No one is going to notice small studs in your ears. Later on, get some pretty femme earrings like TXKimberly wears in her avatar photo.

Alice B
11-20-2007, 04:14 PM
I think I've answered this type thread a dozen times. I have both pierced and have had so for many years. I'm considered very much a male and no one gives a dammed about it. If they do their attitude will quickly change. Go for it. You will love having pierced ears and love the choices of earrings that will be presented to you. Since your wife is in favor ahe may even give yoyu some, as my wife has.:hugs:

Sally24
11-20-2007, 07:37 PM
Just got mine done this summer at 53 years old and I love them. I've had a few people at work make light hearted jokes about them and we've all had fun with it. Ultimately the best answer for why is "Because I wanted to!". I've wanted peirced ears since I was 17 but didn't want to put up with the static from everyone. I should have done this in 1976 and been done with it!

CharleneCD
11-20-2007, 08:00 PM
Since I got mine pierced the only comments I get are people wondering where they are at when I forget to wear any. It your life and your body, GO FER IT.

Wendi {LI NY}
11-20-2007, 08:23 PM
[QUOTE=tamarav;1090159][FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Purple"][B][I]The fear of piercing your ears is very sound, especially for us older CDs. I used to work in an office and had a lot of meetings with the staffs of many different types of people. I felt that I would lose some credibility (for whatever stupid reason) in the eyes of my bosses if I had obvious pierced ears. I pierced them anyway and wore pieces of monofilament line in the holes when at work. I never did have obvious pierced ears in the off

I did the same thing before I started transitioning ..:D And no one was the wiser either!:devil: About 10 weeks later I cut my monofilament a little to long ,and my Neanderthal brother -in- law ask me " Hey what that on your ear
and he answer him self " duh,o is it acupuncture for stopping smoking?'
I said ," hey ,How did you know ? "[lol]:heehee:
hugs ,Wendi

Cara Allen
11-20-2007, 08:39 PM
Hey, Hi!

I want to get my ears pierced too... I also am in sales, and with my growing my hair and my nails long, shaving off facial hair and sideburns, trimming back my eyebrows, everyone is going to think I am transexual, or something. :heehee:

Anyway, to my question... How long do you have to keep in fishing line (unused is best, right?) or posts before the holes stay open for the day? Someone said they didn't have to use anything when they got their ears pierced but at night... true?

My wife used to be an Avon rep. We have ... a few... pairs of pierced earrings around, waiting for the day...

Thanks as always!

Rachel Morley
11-20-2007, 09:06 PM
I had my left ear done when I was 16 years old for a bet. But it wasn't until I was in my mid 30's that I decided I wanted the second one done for girly reasons. I was very nervous about what people would think if they saw me with one stud in each ear.

As far as being a guy and having both ears pierced, yes ... granted it's a little bit girly, but the only time I ever had a "moment" was when I was in a spa pool at my local health club with one of my buddies and his young son, and his son said to me "how come you have got both your ears pierced?..... I thought only girls do that?". Fortunately for me his Dad piped up with "well, these days it doesn't matter what people do". IMHO for guys to have both ears pierced…. OK, it’s not for everyone…. but it is fairly normal these days. I say go for it ... (for me) it makes a big difference in girl mode because I have unlimited choices in earrings :happy:

Sally24
11-21-2007, 05:55 AM
How long do you have to keep in fishing line (unused is best, right?) or posts before the holes stay open for the day? Someone said they didn't have to use anything when they got their ears pierced but at night... true?
The shop I went to is very big on safety. They use a hoop instead of a stud because it's easier to clean the piercing. That original has to stay in for 6-8 weeks before she'll remove it. Then it's 6 months to a year before you can leave piercings out of the ear. For some it only takes a few minutes and they heal back up. I did mine about 5 months ago and they finally feel like they are 100% healed and I have no problem finding the holes now.

Carroll
11-21-2007, 08:45 AM
I had my first one done the day after I got my Honorable discharge from the USAF. I was 36 at the time. After a year I got the other ear done. Three years ago I got both my ears done again, making it 4 holes. The only comments I got were from my mom, who didn't even notice for at least 6 months. All she said was why. I just told because I wanted to. After I told her about the cross dressing she understood why. The other person, who is homophobic, question whether I was gay or not. After about a month he stopped.

So, in conclusion....GO FOR IT!!!

pantylover8
11-22-2007, 11:45 PM
Thank you for all the advice. My wife and I talked and decide that I will probably get them done this weekend. I am excited and can't wait to go shopping for my first set of pierced earrings.

Esmerelda
11-23-2007, 01:05 AM
My ears have been pierced for the last 15 years or so, its not really abnormal for a guy to have both ears pierced these days. I am just glad you can admit that you dress to your significant other and she is supportive :rose2:

Beth785
11-23-2007, 01:22 AM
My mother asked me when I was like 14 if I wanted mine pierced, because my brother had his done. I said no, and now I wish I'd said yes. As far as getting comments, you may at the beginning, but no one really cares. They are probably just trying to start conversation instead of trying to be nosey. I know several who I work with who have at least one done, and at least one who has both. They range in age from about 20 to 60. Now, if I can just find time to do mine...

BTW, my excuse for doing both" "I forgot which one was the good ear and the bad one, so I did both."

Dawn Marie
11-23-2007, 04:27 AM
I have had my ears pierced for the last 23 years and I'm in my early 50's. I work in a mixed group and the girls liked it and the guys,some would ask me why,and I would just tell them because I wanted to. Usually that was the last I would here from them. So by all means have it done. Pierced earrings on make you look so much more femine, and they look good too.:GE:

CathyKR
11-23-2007, 09:24 AM
I think that these days there is nothing unusual about men having pierced ears - one or both - at least in this country (UK).

I had my ears pierced for the first time nearly thirty years ago, while I was at University - I was 18. Back then for guys it was very much a case of "left ear straight, right ear gay". I was having none of that; I wanted both my ears pierced, and that's what I had done. I had dreamed of having pierced ears since I was a little boy. I had a lot of support from my friends and only a few negative comments. In my circle of friends I was the only guy with both ears pierced. I was very much in the CD-closet back then.

A couple of years later I had my second holes pierced, and a year after that I had my third holes pierced, in Paris, while on holiday.

I wear earrings all the time - I certainly don't see it as a femme-only thing. I really enjoy wearing earrings, and my workplace has no issue with it. These days it seems to be more the norm for men to have both ears done, and it's certainly not unusual. Perhaps the only unusual thing with me is that both my ears are triple-pierced. When dressed as a guy I usually wear small "huggie" titanium rings in the bottom holes and small diamond studs in the second and third holes. When en femme I wear larger sleepers in the first and second holes and larger diamond studs in the upper holes.

Vivian Best
11-23-2007, 11:47 AM
I would love to have mine pierced! It's easy to say "just do it", "go for it", "no one pays any attention". When you live in and with a woman that is a traditionalist or an apt desciption is conservative, then you think twice about it. It would be a really good way to make my wife come unglued!

irmichelle
11-23-2007, 07:44 PM
I can't remember how many years ago I got my left ear pierced on a dare from my wife. I walked into a salon, paid my five bucks and walked out with a stud in my ear. I took ribbing from a few jerks at work but that didn't last long. I always told them it was my act of rebellion against society. That seemed to shut them up. After a little while I found that earrings came in two and I got the other one done. Not a thing was said at work. Nobody cares. It's a none issue. Except one day when I wore a different color in each ear because I was half asleep when I put them in. Didn't realize until someone asked me if I was making some kind of fashion statement. Whoops!! Just get it done and don't worry about the jerks. They're always there.

Jessica Z. Reese
11-23-2007, 08:55 PM
well my wife just pierced both my ears and she did an excelent job. done by hand ta boot:happy:

Lanore
11-24-2007, 08:03 AM
I had mine pierced 3 times on each side a long time ago. There are just so many more ear rings to choose from for pierced ears. Take the step and see what you've been missing.

Lanore

shauna 9
11-24-2007, 10:51 AM
my ears pierced, I would take out the studs for work, and put them in at night. They healed just fine.

marie354
11-24-2007, 11:17 AM
I had mine pierced about a year ago and started wearing danglies by February. I've had a second set pierced 6 weeks ago and love wearing studs in the upper and danglies in the lower all the time now.

Just do it! You'll never regret it. There are so many more choices and styles of pierced earrings.

No-one has ever ribbed me about mine. In fact, before I went full time, people were saying that it was about time that I caught up with the times and had them done.

If you're too worried about what people will say, just wear 'manly' studs when in public.
~~Sandy~~

Debutante
11-24-2007, 06:40 PM
I have a constant fantasy of getting pierced ears for those gorgeous earnings I often see....... it would be quite a feminizing experience for me...

marny
11-25-2007, 12:32 AM
If anyone comments about the ears tell them it matches you nipples. :D Offense is the best defense hon!

Cara Allen
11-25-2007, 10:38 AM
my ears pierced, I would take out the studs for work, and put them in at night. They healed just fine.

Really? How many days did you leave them in, before you started to remove them, Shauna?

I am really glad to hear that...

jennifer41356
11-25-2007, 05:55 PM
it was one of the best things I did, I love all the earring choices...never had anyone really notice...told my Mom I had it done for going to concerts....LOL:drink:

wannabie
11-25-2007, 06:56 PM

My advice,

No one is going to notice you have pierced ears unless you tell them.
to justify my point, how many guys ears have you looked at lately?

Anthea
11-25-2007, 11:46 PM
I got mine pierced about 3 months ago now. Apart from a neg comment from my sister (oh BTW im 45yo) and the initial Oh you got your ears pierced comment it had been very positive experence. I should have got them done years ago. I have many pairs of earrings now, such a variety of choice. Oh and my sister recently bought me a pair of fake dimond studs to wear in boy mode, she said she did not like the plain studs.

pantylover8
11-26-2007, 10:55 PM
I went and got them done Friday evening. My wife went with me and picked a pair of plain studs. My 12 year old son didn't even notice until my niece said something Saturday afternoon. I went to work today, I never heard even one comment. I am glad that I decided to go ahead and do it. Thanks again for all the support and comments.

Lilith Moon
11-27-2007, 06:50 AM
I went and got them done Friday evening. My wife went with me and picked a pair of plain studs. My 12 year old son didn't even notice until my niece said something Saturday afternoon. I went to work today, I never heard even one comment. I am glad that I decided to go ahead and do it. Thanks again for all the support and comments.

Good luck with them, keep twirling, keep cleaning and they will heal in no time. I had mine done six months ago and my earring collection is steadily growing...love wearing hoops and danglies. :hugs:

Sarah Plumber
11-27-2007, 08:27 AM
I've recently started to wear one ring all of the time. People hadn't realised I wore them. My excuse was that it was "a throw back from the late 80's" when punk was in fashion...
Not entirely true but believable....... I'm trying to talk the wife into approving of the second ear being done.....watch this space...........

Darla in Pa.
11-28-2007, 03:06 PM
I got mine done a month and a half ago, Just a few comments teasing mostly, Then my boys came home for thanksgiving, They picked on me for awhile, I just laughed at them, (earings for Christmas I'm sure). So if you let people bother you they will. I'm having fun with everyone else that asks now. Just be confident. Darla

Evelyn14
12-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Hi,
I had my ears pierced 2 years ago, I work in a very large male work force
Haveing the same worry as a lot of you other girls about being noticed, I got my ears done on a friday of a three day weekend to give them a little time for the for the redness to subside, I bought some large gage (50 lb. test)Monophiliment fishing line and cut a bunch of short peices in various lengths and heated the ends, they melt and ball up, makeing small barbells, then I kept makeing them til I got a pair the same correct length.
They are hardly noticable, I would keep these in my ears at work and twist them during the day til the holes in my ears healed. No one ever noticed ! USE A SMALL PAIR OF NEEDLE NOSE PLIERS TO HOLD THEM WHEN MELTING ! ! ! DON'T GET BURNED ! ! ! An electric heat source works very well ! HAVE FUN SISTERS !

allin
12-04-2007, 09:11 PM
If anyone says anything just tell then you want to look like a pro ball player.:happy:

Lois1234
12-05-2007, 12:15 AM
I went down for a trim last Thursday and ended up getting a layered haircut (slightly fem) and both ears done for my birthday party (my 50th birthday was on Saturday). A few comments were made but nothing negative. My son said it was quite kool. A couple more cracks about my long fingernails but all in all it was as i expected....the sun came up again the next day and life went on. I'm looking forward to the new ear rings my ex promised me (a private gift she said, as she is well aware of and accepting of my CDing). As for work, no negative comments at all (IT type work, with alot of younger co-workers).

Lois

Gail Stauffer
12-05-2007, 02:01 AM
I had mine done some time ago, and love the cute earrings I wear when I dress, it gives you so many more options... I kept looking at them and just had to do it!! have to say It was worth it!!

Michelia
12-05-2007, 02:11 AM
When I had my ears pierced a few people asked why I had both ears done instead of just the left. I had two answers, "Earrings come in pairs, I don't want to waste one." and "I didn't want to discriminate between the right and left ears." All the people who asked were somewhat dim so they accepted my answers with no further comment.

I have been thinking what I would say. I wonder if they were dim or just thought you were dim. But it does not matter, I guess. I think I may try this if I ever go ahead and do it.

Michelia

claudine
12-05-2007, 07:21 AM
how long does the healing last or when can you use earrings after the piercing?

Gail Stauffer
12-05-2007, 12:43 PM
it takes about 6 weeks... to be safe... but have known some that were ok after two weeks... but best to wait the full 6 weeks. but is definitely worth it!!

Iowagrown
12-05-2007, 02:20 PM
I work in a almost all male enviroment, and they all are very narrowminded individuals. i see why white men get blasted for being so uncorrect. the things that are said about anything that doesn't fit their white uber conservative views is embarrassing to me .

i have wanted to get my ears pierced for some time but i remember the behind the backtalk that went on when one guy in our office got 1 piercing and tatooed and he was one of the worst condemers of all.

i know i will be ridiculed if i did get both ears done. but i will do it some day when i reach the point of not caring what people think about me....which is coming around the corner.