PDA

View Full Version : How do 'sexy dressed' GGs feel 'sexy'?

helenr
11-19-2007, 11:34 PM
The other morning I saw a sight not familiar in my town where super casual seems to be the look. A woman about 25-30 came out of an office and walked by. She wore a slim skirt, sheer hosiery, and 3-4 inch heels. This is not the typical look in a college town. Of course, being a lifelong transvestite, I felt envy for how sharp she looked, envisioning the special pleasures dressing like this has always had on me. I am sure she knew that she stood out a bit-hard to blend in with that somewhat provocative outfit-but I wonder if she derived any special 'turn on' wearing that costume. She wasn't beautiful, just modestly attractive, and a few pounds overweight, but I am sure she could get a lot of men interested in being her friend. anyone have any thoughts, insight into the GG mind and 'dressing sexy'? Helen

Samantha43
11-20-2007, 12:54 AM
I have discussed this with my wife who is a beautiful woman. She is more the casual type of woman....jeans, sweater and tennis shoes. When she does get "dolled up" she says she feels she has more confidence, and enjoys the attention she gets.

I get a bit of sexual gratification when I dress sexy, I don't think it is the same for her. It is definately not a turn on for her. I always notice the guys checking her out and she never even seems to notice. We often joke that our genders are wrong. She should be the male, wearing jeans a tee shirt and tennis shoes, and I should be the female. Makeup, skirts, and high heels.

Sometimes I think most women are oblivious to the attention that they get from men. There are those women however that know exactly what they want, and dress the part.

Kaylene
11-20-2007, 01:49 AM
...but I am sure she could get a lot of men interested in being her friend.

A 'friend' may be what they want the least.

I don't think there's any special GG insight into dressing sexy. It's kind of a no-brainer. Take a gal out of a sweatshirt and jeans, and put her in a miniskirt and high heels and she's going to be sexier.

But then maybe for some, just wearing their boyfriend's dress shirt to bed might be sexy enough. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Fionax
11-20-2007, 07:14 AM
It is often said that women only dress for other women; yet a quick trawl through eBay pages flags up 'sexy' this and 'sexy' that. It can't mean sexy for another woman can it?

Again one often sees a young girl who is wheeling her new baby along whilst dressed to the nines herself. Her husband is at work so he won't see her, so what is going on there?

Ema1234 GG
11-20-2007, 07:17 AM
but I wonder if she derived any special 'turn on' wearing that costume.

I think it's easy to become confused between the relationship you as a CD have with women's clothes, and the relationship most GG's have with them.

Also, it's not a costume to a GG, it's just life. She is a woman and she's wearing women's clothes. What you've described doesn't sound that out of the ordinary to me. Very similar to what I'm wear to the office. A nice pencil skirt, tights (in winter), a blouse and 3-4 inch heels. Infact, it could describe most professional women.

Whilst to a CD it may seem a huge turn on to be wearing something like that (and for men it may be a turn on to see a woman wearing that) it's likely that to her it was just work clothes and she can't wait to get out of them at the end of the day and relax.

Tree GG
11-20-2007, 08:38 AM
Emma states it well. It's just clothes.

Women dress for other women? Don't think so. On the rare occassions I go out with old girlfriends from school, we dress nicer than t-shirt/athletic shoes but not to impress each other. Will certainly compliment someone if they look nice - 'cause I want them to feel good, but not because I find them "sexy".

The husband has also learned that dressing "sexy" has unwanted side effects. He no longer wears the mini-skirts and 5" heels when going out because he has rec'd some unwanted attentions because of it. And the pursuit lasted long after the initial meeting. Quite frankly, it is scary and uncomfortable to be seen as "sexy". That's advertising something that I personally have no intention of providing to the general public. And I certainly don't consider "sex appeal" to be priority #1. I'm so much more than that.

michelleliz
11-20-2007, 08:46 AM
If you don't want to be noticed dont go out dressed as a women. I think guys no mater who they are will look if you are even a littel on the nice looking side.

mICHELLELIZ

Kris
11-20-2007, 08:53 AM
I think that Ema and Tree are right. What is sexy to a GM is different to a GG. Everyones idea of sexy is different as well. A business outfit doesn't seem sexy to me. However I have seen women in daily casual wear that I think is very sexy..
Not because particularly of what she is wearing but the way that she moves or presents herself.
To me sexy is so much more than just clothing... It's who a person is, what they stand for, a deeper emotional tie than just clothes. I am not saying that when I go out I don't dress provocatively, because I do, but just to be fun and attract attention. Not to cause intense feelings in others. Basically if someone is that shallow I will know in a minute, because their eyes wont leave my chest... but because it's fun and I like to show off what assets my chubby body has! I like my curves.

Sexy to me is so much more.. but sex appeal sells... which is why you see it on ebay so much.

:hugs: Kris

Shelly Preston
11-20-2007, 08:54 AM
I think most will dress to look good and feel good

This is usually the good basis for looking sexy :2c:

Tree GG
11-20-2007, 08:58 AM
If you don't want to be noticed dont go out dressed as a women. I think guys no mater who they are will look if you are even a littel on the nice looking side.

mICHELLELIZ

I am a woman. What should I go out dressed as to prevent unwanted attention?

Oh, wait......I get it. It's the "...little on the nice looking side..." part that's the problem. I shall gain more weight, blacken a few teeth out and not wash my hair for a few days. Then I'm ready to go out and be safe.

It's one thing to look....God does some great work and there's no crime in appreciating some of his human forms. It's the few that can't stop at appreciating and feel they have to make cat calls, unwanted advances or contacts that cause the problem. Most people won't mug you either.....but the one's that want to are very persistant.

Ema1234 GG
11-20-2007, 09:02 AM

mICHELLELIZ

Are you suggesting I don't leave the house then? :rolleyes:

I think Tree gets it right about not advertising what you're not prepared to give. There is a difference between dressing sexy/****ty and looking good. Why do you think the rule is if you either flash your legs or your cleavage, not both...

Karren H
11-20-2007, 09:12 AM
I think that Ema and Tree are right. What is sexy to a GM is different to a GG. Everyones idea of sexy is different as well. A business outfit doesn't seem sexy to me. However I have seen women in daily casual wear that I think is very sexy..
Not because particularly of what she is wearing but the way that she moves or presents herself.
To me sexy is so much more than just clothing... It's who a person is, what they stand for, a deeper emotional tie than just clothes. I am not saying that when I go out I don't dress provocatively, because I do, but just to be fun and attract attention. Not to cause intense feelings in others. Basically if someone is that shallow I will know in a minute, because their eyes wont leave my chest... but because it's fun and I like to show off what assets my chubby body has! I like my curves.

Sexy to me is so much more.. but sex appeal sells... which is why you see it on ebay so much.

:hugs: Kris

Got that right girlfriend!! I've gotten more cat calls and whistles wearing a grey business suit (skirt and jacket) and 3 inch heels, walking around downtown than any other time.. Doesn't have to be over the top.. Style and class are very sexy imho...

Karren

Kris
11-20-2007, 09:20 AM
Are you suggesting I don't leave the house then? :rolleyes:

I think Tree gets it right about not advertising what you're not prepared to give. There is a difference between dressing sexy/****ty and looking good. Why do you think the rule is if you either flash your legs or your cleavage, not both...

Whoa............. That sounds mighty close to victim blaming!

So if you dress provocatively, you are asking for something?
Oh Gawd, please tell me I am wrong!

Tree GG
11-20-2007, 10:19 AM
Whoa............. That sounds mighty close to victim blaming!.....

I'm think you're taking that a little too far. I believe Emma's point is that if you flash loads of leg and cleavage, etc you are advertising "sexy" which will solicit responses for those in that market at the current time. If you're looking for responses and attention.....mission accomplished. No harm, no foul!

However, if a person dresses in an overtly "sexy" manner, yet professes to NOT want said attention, there is some kind of denial or teasing going on that is just disrespectful of those who see the signs.

So if you see a victim in these scenarios, please point him/her out to me. If you're talking about rape, then that's another matter which is more a crime of violence than sex appeal which I don't believe applies to this discussion.

But if you're saying that any person should be able to wear anything they want at anytime in any circumstance without penalty of consequence for perhaps "inappropriate" choices, I don't think that's realistic. Clothing style is a social construct and expecting no social response to what anyone wears is unrealistic.

But as always, regardless of what you wear, no one has the right to touch you without your permission. I thought we were discussing non-physical responses here.

Now, to get back on topic (I apologize for my part in that digression), as a GG when dressed "sexy" I feel anxious that the blouse will slip or the wind will blow my skirt up and I get to be Marilyn Monroe for a bit - much to the amusement/distress/excitement of unsuspecting bystanders. :-)

Sheila
11-20-2007, 10:48 AM
For me it's simple I dress as who I am, and what the circumstances dictate to be suitable clothing for the occasion .................. I am sexy but that comes from within not the clothes

Again one often sees a young girl who is wheeling her new baby along whilst dressed to the nines herself. Her husband is at work so he won't see her, so what is going on there?

you know so many cdr's complain that women don't dress as real women anymore ..... (we don't wear dresses and skirts:rolleyes:)............. then when some are caught out dressed to the nines it is implied (IMO) that they are doing it for all the wrong reasons.

Why can we not just dress as we want, without it being dissected by you all.... we dress as we want .............. and for me you are all free to dress as you want.

The fact that I think many of you have flawed views of women and how we dress I rarely comment on but this thread may just have been one to many sexy gg's thread for me soz I don't want to offend anybody it is just my opinion

Kris
11-20-2007, 11:00 AM
I'm think you're taking that a little too far. I believe Emma's point is that if you flash loads of leg and cleavage, etc you are advertising "sexy" which will solicit responses for those in that market at the current time. If you're looking for responses and attention.....mission accomplished. No harm, no foul!

However, if a person dresses in an overtly "sexy" manner, yet professes to NOT want said attention, there is some kind of denial or teasing going on that is just disrespectful of those who see the signs.

So if you see a victim in these scenarios, please point him/her out to me. If you're talking about rape, then that's another matter which is more a crime of violence than sex appeal which I don't believe applies to this discussion.

I just wanted to make that point clear because women have been told for years that they were raped because of what they wore or didn't wear. I don't see a victim here, thankfully.

But if you're saying that any person should be able to wear anything they want at anytime in any circumstance without penalty of consequence for perhaps "inappropriate" choices, I don't think that's realistic. Clothing style is a social construct and expecting no social response to what anyone wears is unrealistic.

But as always, regardless of what you wear, no one has the right to touch you without your permission. I thought we were discussing non-physical responses here.

Now, to get back on topic (I apologize for my part in that digression), as a GG when dressed "sexy" I feel anxious that the blouse will slip or the wind will blow my skirt up and I get to be Marilyn Monroe for a bit - much to the amusement/distress/excitement of unsuspecting bystanders. :-)

This reminds me of Janet Jackson and her superbowl incident. LOL a Wardrobe Malfunction my behind.

Kris

teresa jeen
11-20-2007, 10:48 PM
yeah what iggy said.

helenr
11-21-2007, 12:42 AM
Hi, thanks for the interesting comments. I think that today's super casual look (exception-big cities, professional women) actually makes it difficult for crossdressers to indulge their love of dresses as blending in is such a major goal to try to pass--and a pretty shirtwaist dress and moderate heels and hose stand out in the current drab look. I have been amused walking through large department stores with beautiful dresses, skirt/jackets, etc and nearly all the GGs are wearing blue jeans! I guess I am emotionally stuck in 1963 when women dressed the way I like. best to you all, helen

Kate Simmons
11-21-2007, 01:24 AM
A lot of it is in the eye of the beholder but the whole person and her demeanor are involved as Kris mentioned. The connotation of just being a woman is evident and they can pull off "sexy" without being deliberate. This is because of having the "right stuff", not just in a physical way but also in having inherent interpersonal skills and by their genuine interest in others.:happy:

Denise Barrett
11-21-2007, 01:44 AM
I've wondered for a long time why GG's, who have the opportunity to wear the kind of clothes we T-girls love, would choose so often to wear jeans with a t-shirt or cotton top. I would have thought a dress would be more comfortable than pants. In my wondering, I thought that maybe the feminine look was left behind in an effort (intentional or not), to be taken more seriously, at the time, by a male dominanted world.

In the past, women were considered weaker, inconsequencial and not to be taken serious when it came to their point of view. I considered that perhaps, over time, the manner of dress changed to reflect the attempt to overcome these prejudices.

I pose this question to all you GG's. What do you think. Any validity or is comfort the only reason. You see, Helenr is right, it does make it much more difficult for us T-girls to dress the way we want because we don't fit in to the normal (the now normal).

With all my love and respect for you all, :hugs:
Denise

Kerrie Sifton
11-21-2007, 01:44 AM
Helen asked how gg's who are sexy dressed feel sexy.... and what i am seeing is that some gg's may or may not see certain dress forms such as the pencil skirt as sexy, or two that they may not desire unwanted attention.
Having flipped through recent Vogues and a couple of womens magazines I do note that the women are dressed in very stunning fashions (my view) and it is such a change from the normal day to day you see at the shopping market. Now i would say that as a cd i am drawn to the skirt/blouse or dress look much more than the sweatpant and runners look. But a recent poll of what is sexy indicated that "jeans" are voted one of the sexiest clothing forms for women!
Thus I think Helen's question is valid and to see the responses is quite revealing. As I look at the dress of the girls at my daughters high school, mostly jeans, but if there is a skirt in the crowd, the girl does stand out.
If I am at the store, the majority of women are in jeans and runners, thus the woman in boots and a skirt stands out... to me.
Thus, I believe GG's are aware of when they choose to be more "sexy" and probably have over time learned to select when and where they wish to be seen as such. One of my girl friends, a neighbour, recently widowed decided to be more "sexy", what did she do? well she started to dress well, not sexy but more organized and put together, she also developed some techniques to show interest in the men around her, and it worked, she did look sexy just by showing the interest and acting in a more attractive manner.
It was her choice and I was quite suprised on how well it worked for her.
It was not just the clothes but the way in which she acted wearing the clothes.
:2c:

Ema1234 GG
11-21-2007, 06:10 AM
Whoa............. That sounds mighty close to victim blaming!

So if you dress provocatively, you are asking for something?
Oh Gawd, please tell me I am wrong!

I think you've taken it the wrong way Kris.

I wasn't even thinking about rape, or infact any kind of physical abuse. That's just not acceptable no matter what the circumstances (and certainly no matter what the victim is wearing).

I was more professing to the someone who dresses it what my be described as a "sexy" manner, but then professes to not want the attention it brings (i.e. compliments, flirting, etc etc - nothing physical!).

Sorry to take it off topic again, I just wanted to clear it up.

I've wondered for a long time why GG's, who have the opportunity to wear the kind of clothes we T-girls love, would choose so often to wear jeans with a t-shirt or cotton top. I would have thought a dress would be more comfortable than pants.

But we aren't T-girls? As I had said previously, and I think often gets forgotten, is that GG's have a much different relationship with clothes to what to what most CD's and TG's do. I think (and yes I may be wrong) but for a CD/TG the clothes help to create your femininity, but for us is never in question regardless of what we were. For you, it's a huge part of being a CD/TG, wearing women's clothes. Well, it really is no big deal to us. We are women and they are women's clothes it's just a fact of life.

And as for a dress being more comfortable... Well actually, I disagree. Would anyone like to explain to me how I can live my very practical life (involving the daily care of dogs and horses) wearing heels and a dress. In that situation, I'm going to wear jeans and normally trainers or wellington boots. However, take me to the office, and I'm normally in a pencil skirt, blouse and 4in court shoes. At the supermarket (or shopping centre) I'm going to be in comfy clothes. Normally smart jeans, trainers (or occasionally boots/ballerinas) and a trendy top. I dress depending on the situation and what's appropriate for it. Nothing more, nothing less.

You see, Helenr is right, it does make it much more difficult for us T-girls to dress the way we want because we don't fit in to the normal (the now normal).

Nobody is stopping you, but if you really do want to fit in. Well, when in Rome...

Kaylene
11-21-2007, 07:55 AM
Well said, Ema.

Amy Lynn3
11-21-2007, 08:24 AM
Just wanted to add my two cents, for what its worth. I see women every day that are dressed in each of the ways described above. Some wear geans, dress pants, skirts or dresses. I see some women look sexy wearing each of these cloths. Women (in my mind) do not need to dress sexy to be sexy....they are sexy because they are women, regardless of what they wear. If a woman dresses to go horseback riding or to the office, if she is dressed nice, hair fixed and makeup just right or other girlie options, then she is sexy. I think the woman who dresses in cloths that fit the day, and they have done their best, then they are sexy in their mind and my eyes.
A side note to this.... I LOVE to dress in a suit, tie, shirt and the right shoes, however, at times I hit the right combination that makes me feel just a little more attractive to the opisite sex. I think that might happen to women as well. I know one thing.... Tree and Ema you sound like HOTTIES to me.

Tree GG
11-21-2007, 09:22 AM
Not always for comfort - depends on where I'm going. For instance, went to nephews military boot-camp graduation and wore a skirt/silk blouse and pumps. Lots of walking in well broke in shoes but still my feet hurt by end of day. But I felt that dressing casually was not appropriate to the occassion - there were literally thousands of women there that did not share that view, but so what? I showed respect in my way, they showed respect in theirs.

As said, feeling sexy to me is not dependent on clothes. He just can't understand why I don't want to run around in corset/fishnets/heels in the bedroom all the time. Doesn't that make me feel sexy? No, it doesn't. It's forced and unnatural and me trying to take on a role that I have NO clue of the script.

Feeling sexy, IMO, has nothing to do with feminine or masculine. It's feeling relaxed, comfortable and/or pleased being yourself and feeling appreciated and loved. Clothes cannot do that for me - it comes from within and from spousal input. It's not an independent sensation. (Feeling sexy and being horny are not the same thing, IMO)

It's a base understanding problem for me. I do not define myself or anyone else as far as I can tell by their clothes or their gender. Having a particular gender is a random act of biology, similar to hair or skin color and does not define the person or their soul. The clothes someone chooses to wear is dependent on available choices or "most formal" activity of the day, not a definitive statement of "who they are". It is not an event in and of itself to me, just a requirement as most folks are offended by nudity. CDs seem to believe gender & therefore clothing are more important than that. It saddens and puzzles me that anyone would need a tool or a prop to help them feel good about themselves. Don't some folks see alcohol or drugs in that same light?

Before anyone jumps down my throat, I am NOT saying CDing is an unhealthy addiction. I am saying from this GG's POV, clothing has little bearing on how I feel - sexy or otherwise. I can appreciate that someone believes they need the clothes, but I can't empathize with that reaction to how I'm dressed. I can be miserable in a gorgeous evening gown....or ecstatic in an oversized t-shirt....and vice versa. Clothes only have a small ability to affect my emotions.

Kris
11-21-2007, 11:02 AM
This reminds me of Janet Jackson and her superbowl incident. LOL a Wardrobe Malfunction my behind.

Kris

I'm sorry if I misunderstood what you said.

I've wondered for a long time why GG's, who have the opportunity to wear the kind of clothes we T-girls love, would choose so often to wear jeans with a t-shirt or cotton top. I would have thought a dress would be more comfortable than pants.

I pose this question to all you GG's. What do you think. Any validity or is comfort the only reason. You see, Helenr is right, it does make it much more difficult for us T-girls to dress the way we want because we don't fit in to the normal (the now normal).

Denise

The first thought that comes to mind is the forbidden fruit is always sweeter. You are all thrilled to dress like a female because you are told not to by society. We always have this option if we choose. So, it's not a big deal to us.
My second thought is, by the time we are adults we learn to dress for what the occasion calls for. Such as winter, it's cold. Who wants to wear something that the wind is going to go up? I almost always wear pants during winter time.
Thirdly, I don't ever think -"I have to be masculine today to make an impression" I just get dressed. I often see pictures of you ladies dressed in corsets, and many bras, and how many panties and think.. WHY? Even though I know why, that seems like a ton of effort and what is the pay off? It seems so small to me because I am a GG. But I don't ask this because, I know that it is something that you don't feel you can live without.

I think you've taken it the wrong way Kris.
I wasn't even thinking about rape, or infact any kind of physical abuse. That's just not acceptable no matter what the circumstances (and certainly no matter what the victim is wearing).

I was more professing to the someone who dresses it what my be described as a "sexy" manner, but then professes to not want the attention it brings (i.e. compliments, flirting, etc etc - nothing physical!).

Sorry to take it off topic again, I just wanted to clear it up.
I dress depending on the situation and what's appropriate for it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ema,
You said this - So if you see a victim in these scenarios, please point him/her out to me. If you're talking about rape, then that's another matter which is more a crime of violence than sex appeal which I don't believe applies to this discussion.
I responded this way:
I just wanted to make that point clear because women have been told for years that they were raped because of what they wore or didn't wear. I don't see a victim here, thankfully. My thinking is that we are after all speaking to GM's and I don't to have someone take what we have said her to explain our thoughts and actions to be misconstrued and used to hurt women. As much as I feel that people on this website are our friends, and often family, I am extremely careful of things such as this. I didn't mean to upset you if I did.. I am super sensitive on these issues and it shows.

Not always for comfort - depends on where I'm going. For instance, went to nephews military boot-camp graduation and wore a skirt/silk blouse and pumps. Lots of walking in well broke in shoes but still my feet hurt by end of day. But I felt that dressing casually was not appropriate to the occassion - there were literally thousands of women there that did not share that view, but so what? I showed respect in my way, they showed respect in theirs.

Feeling sexy, IMO, has nothing to do with feminine or masculine. It's feeling relaxed, comfortable and/or pleased being yourself and feeling appreciated and loved. Clothes cannot do that for me - it comes from within and from spousal input. It's not an independent sensation. (Feeling sexy and being horny are not the same thing, IMO)

It's a base understanding problem for me. I do not define myself or anyone else as far as I can tell by their clothes or their gender. Having a particular gender is a random act of biology, similar to hair or skin color and does not define the person or their soul. The clothes someone chooses to wear is dependent on available choices or "most formal" activity of the day, not a definitive statement of "who they are". It is not an event in and of itself to me, just a requirement as most folks are offended by nudity. CDs seem to believe gender & therefore clothing are more important than that. It saddens and puzzles me that anyone would need a tool or a prop to help them feel good about themselves. Don't some folks see alcohol or drugs in that same light?

Before anyone jumps down my throat, I am NOT saying CDing is an unhealthy addiction. I am saying from this GG's POV, clothing has little bearing on how I feel - sexy or otherwise. I can appreciate that someone believes they need the clothes, but I can't empathize with that reaction to how I'm dressed. I can be miserable in a gorgeous evening gown....or ecstatic in an oversized t-shirt....and vice versa. Clothes only have a small ability to affect my emotions.

Tree,
You are awesome in your thoughts. I applaud you. I too dress for the occasion but I am often underdressed. However I do believe the same thing as you.. to go to a play or theatre or graduation we dress up from respect - not comfort.
I believe that being sexy is also totally different than horny.. horny doesn't even enter this equation.
I believe as you do, clothes don't make a person but I am afraid that most of society does not share your views. Clothes can give you social status, even if you dont' deserve it.
I also think that clothes have an effect on my emotions. Not that I can't be miserable in an evening gown or happy as a clam in a t-shirt, but when I look good, I feel better about myself. I wish I had more time to dress "up" - not to the nines - but just a bit of make up, and maybe curl my hair.. but often I don't and can get intimidated with people who do take that extra time. So everyone is different.. that is one thing that I can say with confidence. :happy:

:hugs: and :love:'s,
Kris

Kerrie Sifton
11-23-2007, 11:34 AM
I just watched the discovery channel TLC's "What not to wear" show, Very interesting program, google it if you dont get it on your cable,.
Simply they will take women of all ages, evaluate their clothing styles and help them redefine their styles and develop wardrobes which compliment what they want to do and wear to go. Great show for tips for both tg's and cd's. Cause fashion can be fun, for all!
Its very neat to see the results of their efforts allowing women to experience a range of wardrobes, and develop hair and makeup techniques that work for them....
They even makeover women who work at zoos or in horsebarns..
No they dont all turn into the Linda Evans of "Big Valley", but the results are much fun :D

p.s they even have on line viewings of some of their shows.

Dee Talbot
11-23-2007, 07:11 PM
I've wondered for a long time why GG's, who have the opportunity to wear the kind of clothes we T-girls love, would choose so often to wear jeans with a t-shirt or cotton top. I would have thought a dress would be more comfortable than pants. In my wondering, I thought that maybe the feminine look was left behind in an effort (intentional or not), to be taken more seriously, at the time, by a male dominanted world.

In the past, women were considered weaker, inconsequencial and not to be taken serious when it came to their point of view. I considered that perhaps, over time, the manner of dress changed to reflect the attempt to overcome these prejudices.

Denise
Comfort is a big factor in what I wear. It always has been. When I was heavier, comfort was physical as well as emotional and mental. I wore big pajama bottoms and all-encompassing t-shirts. I didn't even try for "sexy" because I felt it was too far out of my reach.

Now, I still dress for comfort. However, with the encouragement of my CD, comfort has come to mean sexy too. Yes, I still wear t-shirts. But they are woman cut shirts rather than big boxy ones. I wear shorts/capris/pants because it is practical with my work/family/lifestyle. But, my clothes fit well now.

I think that sexy has less to do with the outward apparel than it does with the inward confidence. I feel sexy now, regardless of whether I am wearing work clothes or provocative clothing.

As far as being taken seriously.....I used to work in an office for a major corporation. There was one supervisor who NEVER managed to find where my eyes were when he was talking to me. NEVER!!!!! There are still men who treat me as if I were a brainless object in whatever I happen to be wearing. It's an unfortunate fact that some men are going to objectify women for thier own reasons. There is nothing I can do about it. I can complain, I can threaten, I can (and have) given scoldings to men who refuse to take me seriously. It usually doesn't get very far with that type of man. So, I can either accept the blame and play the victim. Or, I can do what I choose...wear what I like.....speak my mind...and be who I am. I choose to be me.