PDA

View Full Version : Getting my Hair Done!!!!

Hana
11-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Girls,
I finally got up enough courage today to tell my hair dresser that i wanted a more feminine hair style and she responded with are you Sure!!! Any style in mind that suits your fancy. I think you should decide since you are the expert in this area and i am new to this arena. No Problem and how about a little color and highlights to go with your new dew. OK!! Three hours later i was shocked to say the least when she showed me the final style, it was beautiful! She then said why not let me add a little makeup to go with your new look. Why not you only live once and lets go for it. When she finished i was a new woman and not to mention beautiful! I thanked her with a big hug and left a more than generous tip to show how much i enjoyed it. Then on my way to my Car reality set in what did i just do and how am i going to explain this to my Girl friend???

LUV
Hana
:heehee:

Kerrie Sifton
11-21-2007, 02:16 AM
Hana...
what a brave move.
As for the explanation:
Well the hairdresser said i had such great hair that she wanted to experiment!
or... the hairdresser is new and does not do mens hair that often.
or.. its a new european style! you know those italian men always trying to look sexy! :D

Applelicious
11-21-2007, 02:38 AM
I wouldn't have stopped there. I would have came home, carefully put on some proper attire to go with my new look, and then went out shopping! :D Hair and makeup consume so much of the time it takes to get ready. With those two out of the way, it would have been very difficult for me NOT to go all out.

I don't have a girlfriend, or no kind of commmited relationship anyway, so I'm not sure what I would do in about this particular situation. I always told myself if I find someone special, I would let her know about my femme ways so she can decide to stay or go before deep emotional attachment sets in. I would love to hear how you and her handled the situation though.

Brianna Lovely
11-21-2007, 04:17 AM
I agree, I would have put on some fem clothes and gone to the local mall.

As far as what to tell your girlfriend, how about the truth?

Something like, "Honey, this is who I am", seems right to me. If she's still in the room, maybe you can have a heart to heart conversation about your feelings and your CDing.

Kate Simmons
11-21-2007, 05:19 AM
Sounds great Hon. Wish I had that "problem." Takes me about two seconds to "do" my hairs (both of 'em).:heehee:

RachelDenise
11-21-2007, 05:34 AM
Congratulations for the courage with your stylist. Now go with that to your girlfriend. She needs to know and this is a great opener. I think you have the perfect opportunity to tell her about Hana.

Veronica53
11-21-2007, 08:54 AM
Hana...
what a brave move.
As for the explanation:
Well the hairdresser said i had such great hair that she wanted to experiment!
or... the hairdresser is new and does not do mens hair that often.
or.. its a new european style! you know those italian men always trying to look sexy! :D

Kerrie you are a little devil aren't you lol.

:hugs:Veronica

Emma England
11-21-2007, 01:58 PM
That's good.

Do you have any pictures to show?

tamarav
11-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Absolutely awesome! I love to hear stories like that. I am a hairstylist and many times I look at men's heads of hair and know that I could do a great updo or a really sexy haircut and color on them. I work in a fairly open area and work dressed on a daily basis. All of the pictures that you see of me are either before or after work. I used to tell my wife that the pictures could be used to identify the body until I actually realized what I was saying.

Anyway my point. If you are in doubt, simply ask your stylist. We don't care what sex or gender you are, we are there to assist you in looking the way you want to look. I regularly get guys that want a little "sexier" haircut and I just open a women's hairstyle book and start pointing out what I think would look good on them. 9 times out of 10 they are looking for something way past what I was thinking. I generally think they just want a cut that will allow them to put their hair up or looks good feathered around the ears or whatever but some of them just blow me away. I get so excited I can hardly stand it.

When you go to a stylist, speak your mind, don't hold back. We have literally seen most of the things people have done to their hair, male or female. Trust me, would I lie to you???

Tami

Hana
11-21-2007, 04:44 PM
Applelicious, Lets just say i will be in fem for a while. When i arrived home she was already awaiting for my return and her expression when i walked in was breath taking to say the least. Well young lady lets hear what you got to say now. I was speechless for awhile and tried to think of what to say. I then i just let loose and told her this is my hoobie of sorts and this is the real me. She just set there with a big grin on her face looking like the cat just got the canary if you know what i mean. I tried to explain it to her that i was not gay just a woman at heart. Well since you look the part lets get you dressed in some really nice outfits! I told her i did not have allot of clothes to choose from and that went over like a lead baloon. Well she said then we must go shopping and get some for the new you. So for now she has not left me and has not said she was staying either, however we are going shopping for now. So please stay tuned becuase i am sure this is going to be an experience i will never forget!!!!

Luv
Hana

Julie York
11-21-2007, 05:47 PM
I'm sure it is an experience I won't forget.

How seriously would you like people to take you, on a CD forum populated by people who KNOW this subject and have been doing it for real for years?

Don't blow it when you could make some new friends and learn something about yourself.

Applelicious
11-22-2007, 06:43 AM
Applelicious, Lets just say i will be in fem for a while. When i arrived home she was already awaiting for my return and her expression when i walked in was breath taking to say the least. Well young lady lets hear what you got to say now. I was speechless for awhile and tried to think of what to say. I then i just let loose and told her this is my hoobie of sorts and this is the real me. She just set there with a big grin on her face looking like the cat just got the canary if you know what i mean. I tried to explain it to her that i was not gay just a woman at heart. Well since you look the part lets get you dressed in some really nice outfits! I told her i did not have allot of clothes to choose from and that went over like a lead baloon. Well she said then we must go shopping and get some for the new you. So for now she has not left me and has not said she was staying either, however we are going shopping for now. So please stay tuned becuase i am sure this is going to be an experience i will never forget!!!!

Luv
Hana

I've heard quite a few stories when a male CD is discovered by their girlfriend/wife. And the initial reactions have not been as favorable as it was for you Hana. Your girlfriend took it as well as any of us could ever dream! If she's willing to help doll you up, I seriously doubt she has any intentions on leaving the relationship.

The SO's of some other T-girls saw it as a cause to an immediate end to the relationship as if the person they fell for is now gone, or different after the CD discovery. Now I certainly can understand how feelings get crushed when someone is keeping something so significant from their SO, but the average binary mentality often cannot accept something that challenges the very teachings of society, nor can they relate to the struggles we go through. So I know how difficult it is to speak of it. Nevertheless, I still feel they have to right to know before you allow them to get attached to you, and you to them.

With that said, you lucked out. Your girlfriend could have just as easily went the other way with her reactions. Now that she does know, you two can really open some doors. I'm not sure if you let her know how deep it goes, but communication is always very important. Keep that up, and you should be ok.

Awesome news! Keep us posted! :happy:

TxKimberly
11-22-2007, 08:53 AM
Ahh, your killing me! I would love to do this but cant. I spent a decade in the Army and I recall thinking over and over that I couldn't wait till I got out so I could grow my hair down to my a$$. Well, the laugh is on me, because by the time I got out I was pretty much bald. :-(
Now that I think about it, it is probably just as well. If I could grow hair I would have it as long as posible. Add that to the nails I now have and my wife would probably kill me. :-) (She was standing behing me reading this as I typed it and assures me I'm right)

Angie G
11-22-2007, 09:02 AM
Some times we go to fast and don't think of what we are doig well good luck hun :hugs:
Angie

Hana
11-29-2007, 06:42 PM
Absolutely awesome! I love to hear stories like that. I am a hairstylist and many times I look at men's heads of hair and know that I could do a great updo or a really sexy haircut and color on them. I work in a fairly open area and work dressed on a daily basis. All of the pictures that you see of me are either before or after work. I used to tell my wife that the pictures could be used to identify the body until I actually realized what I was saying.

Anyway my point. If you are in doubt, simply ask your stylist. We don't care what sex or gender you are, we are there to assist you in looking the way you want to look. I regularly get guys that want a little "sexier" haircut and I just open a women's hairstyle book and start pointing out what I think would look good on them. 9 times out of 10 they are looking for something way past what I was thinking. I generally think they just want a cut that will allow them to put their hair up or looks good feathered around the ears or whatever but some of them just blow me away. I get so excited I can hardly stand it.

When you go to a stylist, speak your mind, don't hold back. We have literally seen most of the things people have done to their hair, male or female. Trust me, would I lie to you???

Tami

Tami, Let just say you can do my hair anytime. You are one hot babe!! Since now i am dressing most of the time and it has been a blessing long awaited. If you where my stylist i am sure i would try many things. You rock!! Thanks for the encouragement also.