PDA

View Full Version : T'DOR Event

CaptLex
11-21-2007, 11:29 AM
Yesterday was Transgender Day of Remembrance (or T'DOR as our president calls it), and I attended the happenings to commemorate the day at our local LGBT Center. I'm tired today 'cause I got home so late last night, but it was very uplifting and very worth it. Lots of people turned out and we marched up 14th street chanting (Hey! Ho! Transphobia's got to go!), then we went back to the Center and had a time for people to remember those that we've lost. Some people came from other states and talked about their loved ones who've been victimized. And it was so nice to see many non-trans people there who came to support us. I volunteered to help and they had me playing bartender - though there was no booze so the hardest drink ordered was a mixture of cranberry juice and Sprite. Then I stayed to help clean up, so I was almost the last one out. It was great to see a lot of transboys there, especially some I hadn't seen in ages. I'm glad I went, it helped me forget about my problems for a bit and put things in perspective.

Let's keep fighting transphobia whenever we see it, and never forget those who have made the ultimate sacrifice in our struggle - those that have been hurt or worse for simply being themselves. :gh:

Kieron Andrew
11-21-2007, 11:32 AM
Let's keep fighting transphobia whenever we see it, and never forget those who have made the ultimate sacrifice in our struggle - those that have been hurt or worse for simply being themselves. :gh:

You said what i totally believe Lex, we need to be out there spreading the word that we are just the same as the next person....glad it was a rewarding experience, i couldnt get to a T'DOR event! but i still remembered in the silence of my home

i love that it also fell just before Thanksgiving, that is just perfect IMO!

Cai
11-21-2007, 01:08 PM
Well, I was traveling yesterday, so I couldn't really do anything. Though I wished a couple people "Happy Remembrance Day", thinking maybe they'd go look it up.

gennee
11-21-2007, 01:14 PM
HI, Captlex! Gennee, Here. It was great to see you and you looked so handsome. I enjoyed the celebration very much. I was encouraged by the number of young people and non trans people as you said. There was a great mixture of all people in the trans community. I'm a member of a couple of groups at the center and i will continue to work for trans rights. Hope to see you again.

Gennee

Kieron Andrew
11-21-2007, 01:14 PM
found this on youtube it says it all

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1l1jVoLb9oQ

CaptLex
11-21-2007, 02:22 PM
HI, Captlex! Gennee, Here. It was great to see you and you looked so handsome. I enjoyed the celebration very much. I was encouraged by the number of young people and non trans people as you said. There was a great mixture of all people in the trans community. I'm a member of a couple of groups at the center and i will continue to work for trans rights. Hope to see you again.

Gennee

It was nice to see you again, Gennee, it's been a long time - you look great. :hugs:

TV Wannabe
11-21-2007, 03:43 PM
The revolution moves forward, I salute you Captain.