PDA

View Full Version : The possibility of losing your whats closest to you!

katie.louise
11-21-2007, 08:00 PM
Hello all,

Now that I’ve rekindled my youthful love of cross dressing, I don’t seem to think of anything else. Sometime thou I do stop myself as I still worry about others around me. I know my mother (Who I guess may already know) would totally understand and love me but my father and brother would disown me.

Ok I’m 31 years of age and living alone again, so yes I am free to do what I want, but losing my family would destroy me. Yes possibly I’d get over it and be happy, but to what cost to my family. Who knows maybe life could be simpler and I’d get to be me for once when I next see them over Christmas.

I have questioned my desire for dressing as something more than just a bit of fun as something that I know will consume my life. Where this leads to I don’t know, so my Question is “How do we keep friend and family close, when they don’t and may never understand why we feel the way we do?”

Sorry to post such rubbish, but as I’m new I hope you’ll forgive me.

I love you all and this site has been such a breath of fresh air, if only I had this site for advice when I was kid.

:love:

Claudia Zylindrias
11-21-2007, 08:06 PM
baby steps hun, open up to those who may understand and be accepting, save those the heartache that cant but love them for who they are. My family has know since i got caught alot as a child and i know there feelings on the subject. On crossdressing, body mods etc. So I am one person to them and another to others. But I will always be me and I refuse to be ashamed of it.

You know yourself best open yourself when you can and protect yourself and those you love when you must.

Some people just don't like roses!!!!

Nicole Erin
11-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Simple - dress and go places where they won't see you.

But also, almost everyone I have talked to about being GLBT has said their families didn't react as harsh as one would think. One of them being this lesbian woman I work with, she said her mom is a holy roller but after the first talk, it was never mentioned again.

Now mind you I have never been real close to anyone in my family, our family just isn't "close", but they didn't seem to act any different than before.

So for you, if the dad and bro do find out, there might be an initial reaction, but I doubt it will ruin your relationship with them.

Alice B
11-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Simple, but hard to apply. Keep it to yourself.

Joni T
11-21-2007, 08:16 PM
I too have family that wouldn't understand. I don't talk about it when they're around and dress in drab if/when they're in the equation. I feel for you.
Joni

Vivian Best
11-21-2007, 08:35 PM
You are still pretty young to have to face a life changing decision such as the one facing you and my heart goes out to you. I understand what you are saying that sometimes dressing consumes you. I guess I'd have to say, do you want it to? Are you contemplating going farther than just dressing? Does you father and part of your family really have to know?

If you are planning to live full time as a woman, then they do deserve to know and know why you feel you must live as a woman. If you don't plan to live full time or transition to female, then why risk all to tell them.

If you are just planning to dress but remain a male then what is the purpose in telling any of your family? You know the risks! Are the risks worth the reward? That is a question you and only you can answer.