PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever went to Hollywood Tans?

trinity24
04-06-2005, 08:42 PM
Thinking about going myself, and have a few questions. Do you have to bring your own protective eyewear? Are their changing rooms private, or is it more gym style? Thanks.

CindyT
04-06-2005, 08:57 PM
Is Hollywood Tans a chain type place? I haven't heard of them before, but I'm considering getting signed up for some tanning too. I usually go to one the smaller local places, that all we have around here. ;)

CindyT

trinity24
04-06-2005, 09:11 PM
Yes - it's a chain. I feel more comfortable going to chains for anything.

http://www.hollywoodtan.com/

Cissy Suzie
04-06-2005, 10:42 PM
Thinking about going myself, and have a few questions. Do you have to bring your own protective eyewear? Are their changing rooms private, or is it more gym style? Thanks.

Actually at gyms I have had experience with, you could go into the tanning booth, bringing whatever you care to bring in with you. I went in my street clothes a lot of times and picked up my goggles at the desk and just went in and got naked and got in the tanning bed. I would imagine anyplace accomodates you in that way.

EEK! Bring a bottle of antibacterial spray if they don't have them there already and have some paper towels too. I think most places furnish those things as well as the little goggles for your eyes.

trinity24
04-06-2005, 11:51 PM
So is it a booth or a bed? Do you stand or do you lie down?

DonnaT
04-07-2005, 12:32 AM
Is it a spray tan or UV light?

Sweet Susan
04-07-2005, 01:19 AM
Yes - it's a chain. I feel more comfortable going to chains for anything.

http://www.hollywoodtan.com/

You feel more comfortable with chains for anything? Do you mean like chains for your tires when it snows? Chain letters that promise riches beyond your wild dreams? Chain gangs that work hard while linked together to make our freeways and highways a better place? Do you feel more comfortable around chain smokers? What about chain link fences, how do they give you comfort? And have you asked Aretha Franklin about a chain of fools? Just curious. I know that corporate America is heavily involved in chains, and they exist only for your dollar, with not much to say for your comfort. ;)

trinity24
04-07-2005, 12:28 PM
I don't care about spray - I want the real thing - UV light. And yes - I'm all for chains - they offer the widest selection for the lowest price (I'm more likely to find a movie I want in BlockBuster than in a local rental store).

Cissy Suzie
04-07-2005, 04:27 PM
:)
So is it a booth or a bed? Do you stand or do you lie down?

The places I have been, have small rooms, or booths, which contain a tanning bed. You lie in there and pull the lid down over yourself and you are surrounded by UV lights.

Usually there is a small shelf or something to put your things on or in while you are there. I usually get nude to do the tan, and I assume a lot of people do, that is why I suggest bringing your own spray disinfectant. Sometimes you find a spray furnished by the facility, sometimes not. EEWWW! :eek:

Make sure where ever you do go for the tanning, that they have guidlines for you as to how long to stay in there, and DO NOT over do it! You can get really fried up good and proper in those things if you stay in too long. Just a little too long and you will get a bit of a burn.

trinity24
04-07-2005, 07:34 PM
So you actually lie down on what another person has been lying down naked before you? There's no disposable insluation or anything to lie down on? I think I'll try to find something where you stand. Thanks for the input. Are the booths lockable by the way?

Cissy Suzie
04-07-2005, 09:16 PM
So you actually lie down on what another person has been lying down naked before you? There's no disposable insluation or anything to lie down on? I think I'll try to find something where you stand. Thanks for the input. Are the booths lockable by the way?

Yes of course they are locked, and the reason I suggested the disinfectant spray is for the very reason ... you have no idea who was there before you.

A good spray and a wipe with paper towels, it is clean as a whistle. You are lying on plexiglass ... it is smooth as can be and very easy to clean. But I once went to a gym that seemed to expect you to bring your own spray? How very odd. I only went there once and canceled my membership.

Usually they have the spray right in the booth for you.

andreataylor69
04-07-2005, 09:52 PM
I've been tanning "professionally" for the past 3 1/2 yrs. I'm a tanning salon junkie. Really. I wear a faded pink bikini bottom ( and occasionally a top) to generate sexy tan lines. It really makes me feel sexy at the end of a work day.(1) The machines are in private booths (2) they supply the eyewear, but it only costs a buck or 2 to buy a pair from them (3) COVER YOUR FACE WITH A TOWEL. DON'T PURPOSELY TAN YOUR FACE. Only leads to premature wrinkles, i.e. sun damage. Also cancer - but hey girls, cancer is one thing, but who needs to look like a wrinkled hag. If you don't believe me take a trip to Saks or Nieman Marcus and take a good look at the rich women over 50. Get my drift? Also- when you start, wear a good sun block for the first few weeks if you have fair skin, until you build up a base. And no matter how quickly you tan, take it slow. Each booth has a maximum time. Start out at 50% for first 10 days, then increase gradually. Don't go more often than 3x week for the first month. It will probably take you about 6 weeks to really build up a base. Also, of course, the type of bed you use is a personal decision, but I highly recommend the standup units for very even all around tanning without streaks. Most stand up units are 8-12 minutes which is much more tolerable and less boring thatn a 15 or 20 minute bed. Hopefully your place will have piped in music too.

Have a good time and do post some pix!

Kisses,
Andrea Taylor
http://www.geocities.com/sissyandrea2003

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-3/981565/and1104_0486small.jpg