PDA

View Full Version : Went out dressed.

Jeri Rene
11-22-2007, 09:19 PM
Sort of. It really wasn't much or for very long but considering how deep in the closet I am I'm a bit proud of it.

I had to go to Home depot last night and decided to go dressed (I had thought about it all the day before). I was quite nervous although there really wasn't anything to be nervous about. Not wearing a wig (don't have one anymore) or any makeup (no skill at it). Cold and raining so I had a winter coat on but not done up..
I was wearing womens jeans and hooded zip up top. Of course all necessary under garments. I also had my breast forms and I was wearing a pair or plain black shoes with a small silver buckel and a 1" heel.
I drove there and just walked in, got what I needed and paid for it and left. I did not wander to browse, not quite brave enough for that.
I know that this probably seems fairly uneventful considering the only thing that could have possibly given anything away was if they noticed the shoes or the lumps (C's) under my hoodie but I just sat in my truck for a few minutes after before I got over the "did anyone see me?" feeling.

Little steps.

Karren H
11-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Well you picked the right place to do you initial going out after all Home Depot's moto is You can do it, We can help hehehe Way to go!!

Karren

racquel
11-22-2007, 09:51 PM
Congrats Jeri :love:
I well remember the heart thumping and the dry mouth.It gets easier each time.

Brenda1423
11-22-2007, 10:02 PM
Great, that was step 1. Now for step 2.

Congratulations.

Mariah
11-22-2007, 10:04 PM
yay! good for you!

hopes
keris

michelleliz
11-22-2007, 10:49 PM
We all start out slow,then it just grows from there. You get to a point where you just feel like you should be in the cloths you are in

Michelleliz

Billijo49504
11-22-2007, 10:55 PM
Fantastic!!! Every little baby step is a step forward. Pretty soon you'll be wandering thru the malls with Karen and me. Then you'll look back and wonder why was I so afraid? I too thought of the Home Depot saying, but Karen beat me to it. Just keep going forward and you will have more fun being out...BJ

Patty
11-22-2007, 11:10 PM
Good first step and now the next step soon you will be shopping at the malls.:hugs:

Dawn Marie
11-23-2007, 12:38 AM
That a way to go Jeri!!! Believe me it does get easier as you progress and get more confident in yourself. One you get your confindence the rest is just icing on the cake.

Best outing next time,
Dawn Marie