PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of crossdressing...

Sally2005
11-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Here's a good article about speaking to others about crossdressing. I thought it would be worth sharing.

"Imagine, for a moment, that you grew up having to hide a deep, dark secret. One so terrible that, if revealed, people will call you a 'pervert', a 'freak', or an 'abomination'. If you're lucky you'll only be called names; reveal your secret to the wrong people and you'll get harassed, beat up, perhaps even murdered. How would you feel if you couldn't even talk to anyone about it? Every representation society provides about what you feel inside is negative. If you suppress it until you are married, you can never tell your spouse for fear of divorce, losing your job, being legally denied visitation with your children. You're in for a lifetime of shame and guilt and denial. How would you deal with it?"

full article...
http://www.laceyleigh.com/HowToOutreachII.html

Karren H
11-23-2007, 03:39 PM
Pretty comprehensive... Thanks

Karren

Alice B
11-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Excellent reference. I've booked marked it for my wife to read. Thanks.:hugs:

Deanna2
11-23-2007, 05:45 PM
It is a very well written article. The material has been presented many times before (one example is Yvonne's Place). I've even seen bits of it in the mainstream media.

Unfortunately, the message is being picked up by the community at large and ignorance still abounds.