PDA

View Full Version : interesting encounter

Kaitlyn Michele
11-24-2007, 01:39 AM
happened to me today...

shopping at macy's dressed...i wore black stretch jeans tucked into suede black boots...top was very casual cute gray and black striped sweater..it was very light and had cute little rhinestones at neckline..

so i liked how i looked and shopped for quite some time...
i was checked out by a very nice cute tall (yay) saleslady and she packed me up and i used my macy's card..male name..

she says..ohh how do you prounce that last name...sir...
i answered and then she said too bad i didnt bring a coupon and she said "tsk tsk..no girl shops black friday without coupons!!!" and then lent me some coupons.....i said..."well, i havent been a girl as long as you" and she laughed and said That i looked like i had gotten the hang of it!! it was a strangely dissappointing but also very satisfying experience too!!!

SandyR
11-24-2007, 01:55 AM
Sounds like a fun Friday. Did you get some new stuff?????

Hugs.

SandyR

robyn1114
11-24-2007, 01:59 AM
now that brave, going out dressed on Black Friday

Karren H
11-24-2007, 08:32 AM
It's those little things that give us away... coupons... no cell phone gluse to your ear.... hehehe

Amy Hepker
11-24-2007, 08:48 AM
Most people in a store setting just want to get what they want and to get out, especialy on black Friday. I myself went out Yesterday with Padded Bra, Panties, Pantyhose, and female sandals on. I had jeans and a t-shirt on and nobody noticed or said anything.

Edwina
11-24-2007, 09:46 AM
Michele
I really admire you shopping in Macy's as you did but could you please explain Black Friday?
Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am in darkest Africa. :heehee:

:love:

Edwina

Sally24
11-24-2007, 09:52 AM
could you please explain Black Friday?
It's the crazy shopping day after Thanksgiving day. I think people who work retail started the term because it was such a pain with the crowds, and the sales, and opening up so much earlier. Now many retailers have huge discounts on certain items to draw crowds in and some places open at 4 or 5 am! It's not too bad if you get done before lunch but by afternoon the crowds and the parking are really stressful!

Megan70
11-24-2007, 10:01 AM
Edwina, no prblem dear. Don't know where you reside but if outside of the continental U.S I will tell you that for zillions of years now the day after Thanksgiving is called Black Friday because its the "official" crazy start off of the mad shopping frenzy, and I do mean MAD! Major name retail stores in most cities in malls and plazas have taken to opening at 4 am or earlier (some at midnight) to bring the mad rush of crowds in for crazy doorbuster specials. There are often a lot of pushing, shoving, fistfights, and people being trampled as soon as the clerks unlock the doors and let in the literal hundreds of angry impatient people that wait outside in the dark cold ( and have to pee).

In my city in Upstate NY things greatly calm down by late morning and by Friday evening the shopping crowds anf traffic are back to normal like they would be most weeks of the years. Strange?
In Canada and UK the have a similiar shopping frenzy day called Boxing Day on december 26th , usually for after christmas sales and returns.

You figure it out.

Megan

Kaitlyn Michele
11-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Edwina!!! hi from the USA!!!

Black Friday is SALE DAY at all the stores...its the day after our national holiday thanksgiving...and stores open at midnite and 5am and there are lines to get into the stores sometimes because of the discount sales....

Genifer Teal
11-24-2007, 01:33 PM
It is called Black Friday because it is the day most stores are in the black financially. Their profits for the year to that point, exceed their expenses for the entire year. Any sales beyond Black Friday are purely profit.

Gen

Kerrie Sifton
11-24-2007, 02:24 PM
Great for you Michele, not only did you get "checked out" by a tall sales girl but she also gave you the coupons too, she could probably have passed on the "sir" comment, but she savey you money! that gilr gets a hug for being so concerened for her clients.
:2c:

Nicole Erin
11-24-2007, 03:47 PM
happened to me today...

shopping at macy's dressed...i wore black stretch jeans tucked into suede black boots...top was very casual cute gray and black striped sweater..it was very light and had cute little rhinestones at neckline..

She was dressed in black for "Black" friday

...then she said too bad i didnt bring a coupon and she said "tsk tsk..no girl shops black friday without coupons!!!" and then lent me some coupons.....i said..."well, i havent been a girl as long as you" and she laughed and said That i looked like i had gotten the hang of it!! it was a strangely dissappointing but also very satisfying experience too!!!
She was disappointed cause the thing she wanted most, they did not have in her size.

:tongueout

tiffanyanne_69
11-24-2007, 03:49 PM
That is brave going out on Black Friday . . . not only because you did it dressed, but because you actually did brave the craziness.

I hope you bought some great new clothes!

janet1234
11-24-2007, 04:35 PM
and safe on Black Friday.

Mitzi
11-25-2007, 01:28 AM
I'd been eyeing a Jaclyn Smith leather skirt and jacket set at Kmart that appeared in a weekly ad. It was on sale Friday and Saturday so I decided to go get it, toying with the idea of going en femme. But since I go to that store from time to time, didn't want to take a risk of being recognized. So I went in guy mode. The lady who checks purchases at the entrance looked at my purchase and smiled. Unfortunately the outfit did nothing for me, so I took it back later the same day. The lady at the entrance looked at me and says "You're returning it already?" I wonder if she suspected it was for me...

Mitzi

Edwina
11-25-2007, 03:44 AM
Thank you all for you explanations. So I suppose the correct dress code is full body armour?:D
We don't have anything approaching that here in Cape Town, South Africa but I well remember the cartoons in the London Daily Mirror (Giles) of just such madness. :heehee:
My admiration for you Michele knows no bounds for your courage in facing that and dressed too. Well done Love:thumbsup: I have been in a couple of Macy's stores so I can picture the scene.
:love:
Edwina

Kaitlyn Michele
11-25-2007, 11:50 AM
hi girls... if you want to go out!! do it!!
some simple thoughts..

DONT GO TO THE MALL YOU USUALLY GO TO !!! i have heard many tgirls say this and it really works for me..the mall i go to is 10 miles away from my normal mall.. i dont go into "My" mall dressed ever...not worth it..

also...you will be read...but over time you realize that many times you are not and it really doesnt matter..i have had a smirk or two but to heck with them!!! i am almost 6'2 for crying out loud~~!!

just make sure you look great and your outfit is put together well and beleive me people will treat you nicely and you'll never go back!! and be a girl in your head...just have fun with it and develop some confidence in yourself!!!! that's probably advice for anything you do!! but lets face it...dressing up and going out seems so scary but i can PROMISE you its fear of unknown..

that was point of my post...i used to go out on tues morn at 11am to go when mall was empty now i'm hitting the sales witht the rest of the girls!

2 yrs ago i drove to mall many times and sat in car but now i just go right in.

and after you do it!!! pls post and let us all know!!!

:hugs: to all

michele

Angie G
11-25-2007, 12:32 PM
Shopping black friday hay you go girl :hugs:
Angie

julia ann
11-25-2007, 07:46 PM
I'm not able to go ouy dressed ,to many complications, however, black friday is a great time to get deals as ever man needs to begin shopping for his "wifes" christmas presents dosen't she.

marny
11-26-2007, 12:56 AM
First, Do you really need anything that much? Pushing and Fist fights. Tough in a dress!:tongueout And Jennifer teal is right. Black Friday means when they go in the Black. 300 days to cover cost and 65 days to make profit. Business is tough girls! :thumbsup:

Di
11-26-2007, 01:04 AM
Very cool.....and she gave you a a coupon to boot....what a win -win shopping day you had.:thumbsup:

Billijo49504
11-26-2007, 01:17 AM
I went out Friday at 5:30 am for a 6 am sale. dressed as BJ. When I made my purchase, I had to pay at their register, so I just signed the wifes name. It worked for me...BJ

Melinda G
11-26-2007, 12:12 PM
It's those little things that give us away... coupons... no cell phone gluse to your ear.... hehehe

That is sooo.....yesterday. The new cell phones are surgically implanted on the side of peoples heads. :D

charllote34
11-26-2007, 03:58 PM
Hey its those moments that make us all feel special xxx