PDA

View Full Version : Wigs

Joanna-Louise
11-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Hey

I think this is going to be my first "proper " thread lol... so please go easy (only joking)

I was sat wondering whilst wondering if i should get changed or to have an eve as Steve, anyway I reaslied that through looking at pics posted on here; that most people are wearing wigs and makeup.

When I had my purge last year i threw my wig and makeup out along with all my clothing (expensive thing to do that im kinda paying for now, as so miss my old wardrobe as much as loving my new one).

However, does anyone here think that re-investment in a wig is important along with the makeup? To me looking like a woman can be a hard thing to achieve even with these items, but to me its not all about looking like a woman to feel like one.

I live in a shared house and found it v difficult to cook dinner or do simple chores round the house as kept having to remove makeup and straighten my hair from the wig before doing the simplest of tasks, just incase my flat mate walked in or noticed.

I used to make a checklist which worked, but then you can't plan for every event.

My very loving a patient SO has now moved in with me and although ive been caught en femme (no wig or makeup tho) by my flat mate its not something my SO feels she has a reason to know about Joanna so going back down those roads is kinda impossible. Secondly kim (my So) has pointed out that she couldn't handle the wig/makeup thing (only majour rule set when i came out to her).

But the point to the above is, does it really matter?!? ive been told before i look half and half while dressed so just assumed when i started again i don't need to fork out for another wig (that i could only wear while Kim was out). Any feedback would be good...

btw sorry about the essay lol

Jo
xx

McLegs
11-24-2007, 01:05 PM
Jo,
Does it matter? Only to you and only you have to answer that question. Yes the photos you see are with wig & make up, but that is each individual. There are no stead fast rules. It is entirely up to you as to how you feel, what makes you happy and what satisfies you. Some girls are in the closet, some out and others are CD's 24/7. Is it necessary to have a wig & make up? Absolutely not. If you are happy with getting dressed then enjoy. I myself am in the closet, dress when I can and sometimes because of the risk that means no wig or make up. When the opportunity is there yes I do go all the way. You make the best of the situation. So just enjoy CDing to whatever extent you can and your situation allows.

Hugs,
Michelle :happy:

Karren H
11-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Well for me anymore, I don't even think of crossdressing without them.... It's like all or nothing... Any single piece of womens wear just doesn't do anything for me at all... I rarely even under dress any more..... Karren has her clothes and anti_Karren has his... Two separate worlds, one shared body!!! hahahah

Kate Simmons
11-24-2007, 02:15 PM
I agree with Karren. All part of the "costume" for me and pretty much all or nothing. The same goes with the two modes, no mix and match, Rich has his, Sal has hers. It depends on each person however and what works for them and that is the important thing.:happy:

Alice B
11-24-2007, 03:13 PM
It kind of all depends on how far you are willing to take a risk. Wearing a wig makes you feel more like a woman and completes the illusion in your mind. But, is it worth the risk? Only you can decide. I think an open discussion with your new SO would be in order. Plus, it might not hurt to discuss it with your room mates. If one has seen you then the rest most surely know.