PDA

View Full Version : HRT and Bust Development

Cara Allen
11-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Are you on HRT? How long? What kind of breast development have you experienced? I have read alot, and I hear con flicting reports... from nothing, to good results. If you would please tell me your age, too, because some reports say that, if you're over 21, forget it... (smile)

Care to share? I hope to begin HRT in about a month...I am as excited as a new born puppy!

By the way, I am a no-cup, 57 years old, starting very soon, I hope....

Sharon
11-24-2007, 01:36 PM
I'm fifty-two, been on hormones since the first of the year, and I fill a B-cup. Results do vary, however, from person to person.

AmberTG
11-24-2007, 01:41 PM
Hi Cara,
I've been on a low dose of estrogen for about 9 months now, most of that time, I was on 2 mg of Estrofem, melted under my tongue, for the last month, I've been on the Vivelle patch, the largest one, .1 mg per day. I may actially get less estrogen from the patch, but at age 52, the patch is supposed to be safer then the pills, although, letting the Estrofem pill melt under your tongue is safer and more effective then swallowing it. You can't do that with Premarin, it doesn't work. That's why Premarin is riskier, it has to be swallowed and passes through the liver on the way to the blood stream. That's the short explaination.
Anyway, me being as skinny as I am, no fat to build breast filling tissue with, I'm probably somewhere just short of 1/2 A cup right now. The glands are pretty well developed and stick out probably about an inch above my muscle tissue. The right side is more developed then the left side, which is fairly typical. I think they might grow a little faster if I had more estrogen in my system, or if I add progesterone to the mix, but I'm not in that big of a hurry as to push my luck at this time. I just need to gain some weight.
Genetics do play a part in how they will develop, as Sharon said, results vary. I may never develop much, that's just the way it goes.

GypsyKaren
11-24-2007, 03:01 PM
I'll be 55 next month, been on mones since January, I fill a B cup and the rest is rearranging quite nicely. I've cut the Estrofem to 4 mg./ day and stopped the Spiro since my SRS, and yes, everyone is different.

Karen Starlene

Maggie Kay
11-26-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm 56 been on HRT of one kind or another for years. Currently on Spiro and Oestragel and fill a B cup. I switched a few months ago from a menopause treatment cream with all three estrogens to a 2.5 -3 mg estradiol and I am much happier with the results. Even though this is DIY, I am about to get a prescription for these as I have just talked to an endo about going legit. The new regiment has caused a growth spurt up top so those B cups are getting fuller and fuller. Darn sore too but it is a soreness that brings a smile to my face.

Cara Allen
11-26-2007, 04:18 PM
I'm 56 been on HRT of one kind or another for years. Currently on Spiro and Oestragel and fill a B cup. I switched a few months ago from a menopause treatment cream with all three estrogens to a 2.5 -3 mg estradiol and I am much happier with the results. Even though this is DIY, I am about to get a prescription for these as I have just talked to an endo about going legit. The new regiment has caused a growth spurt up top so those B cups are getting fuller and fuller. Darn sore too but it is a soreness that brings a smile to my face.

Maggie,

Can I ask you how long the other forms of HRT have been used? What kind of HRT, Maggie? Thank you for sharing... Sorry to be so nosy... I am trying very hard to plan a transition that won't have me developing too soon...

You know another thing that just blows me away? I think every one of us who responded are in our fifties! I think that is soooo wonderful, and it makes me feel happy about myself. Thank you all very much for sharing, dears!

Another thing? None of us look 50-ish! Congratulations!

Genifer Teal
11-26-2007, 08:57 PM
I was on horomones for 3 months - doc supervised. Estrodile (sp) and avodart (which I'm still on). Not sure of the exact dose, but (pun) I was getting injections every two weeks. My age is 37.

What did I learn from this? Harmones = Breasts. Immediately my nipples doubled in size (not the areola) and got very sensitive in a hurt kinda way. This happend as soon as the second week. By the end of 2 months I had a small lump, but enough that a CD friend could notice it with no top on. By the end of 3 months, anyone might question it even with a tshirt on.

By no means were they totally obvious but if you looked you would notice. I've heard 3 months is the point of no return. After some soul searching, I decided this was not the right choice for me at this time. I stopped the estrodile and now everything is as it was before I started. Not sure exactly how long that took.

Gen

Stephenie S
11-27-2007, 12:27 AM
I am older than you (don't even think of asking). I have been on HRT for more than a year. I am developing nicely. I have no complaints. Of course I would like to be larger, but it will come or not, whatever. What I do have is me and I love it. So will you. Trying to micro-manage a transition before it has even begun is fraught with difficulty. Just start, hon. How much breast growth you get, and how soon, and on what dosage, is entirely up to your individual genes. Relax and enjoy the process.

Lovies,
Stephenie

helenr
11-27-2007, 12:41 AM
I am nearly 61 and taking 100 mg spiro daily as well as 1/4 fincar pill. I was on the Climara patch about three months and, honestly, felt I had to stop as I was developing a bit too 'visibly' to be comfortable in my required male role. I had the super sensitive nipples, wake up if I rolled over,etc. I have been off the patch about 2 months and I don't have that semi soreness, but I can tell you the plump tubular breasts with pouty nipples stick around---at least for me. I am slender so they are fairly hard to conceal. I am OK with this, I like my little girls, and they fit a nice satin bralet comfortably, but I am afraid I may have lost my 'pool privileges' as far as appearing in public. This has lead me to reflect on the special rules regarding tits on men, but that is for another posting. I wonder , frankly, if my 0 testosterone level and the natural estrogen alone might be a major factor in my titties. I am much happier now on spiro, calmer, lower BP, etc. helen

AmberTG
11-27-2007, 01:05 AM
If you just have the lumps behind your nipples, you haven't lost your pool privileges yet, but I'm pretty sure I have now, they just don't look like "man boobs" anymore. They're not very big, but they are starting to have that classic girl shape. I was going to say they look like teen-age boobs, but the last time I saw a pair of those was so long ago that I don't remember what they looked like.:heehee:

Nadine
11-27-2007, 11:30 AM
I'm 67 and have been on hormones since 15 June. Before that I was on herbals for two years with a little development in the breast area. Since going on to hormones ( 4mg Estrafem and 200mg Spiro daily) my breasts have developed to fill a "C" cup and are still growing! The tenderness is still there and they can be particularly painful if I bump into something.

If you go on to hormones be prepared for visible growth in a few months. You soon won't be able to hide them - even under a loose shirt!

Cara Allen
11-27-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm 67 and have been on hormones since 15 June. Before that I was on herbals for two years with a little development in the breast area. Since going on to hormones ( 4mg Estrafem and 200mg Spiro daily) my breasts have developed to fill a "C" cup and are still growing! The tenderness is still there and they can be particularly painful if I bump into something.

If you go on to hormones be prepared for visible growth in a few months. You soon won't be able to hide them - even under a loose shirt!

Wowwie! Nadine, you blow away the bell curve!!! I think that is just wonderful! Can I tell you that I have read my eyes bloody trying to find some positive indications that breast growth can happen for us mature ladies? Everything says, "you'll get an A Cup if you're lucky."

What are you taking, may I ask? What ever it is, I want it, too!

AmandaM
11-27-2007, 12:53 PM
I think it's supposed to be with your genetics. If your mom and sister are C cups, you can expect a B cup. If they are a D cup, you can expect a D cup. One cup size smaller. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Maggie Kay
11-27-2007, 01:13 PM
Cara,
I started with herbals then added progesterone cream. Then I added Cimetidine (Tagamet) for anti-androgen as I also had acid reflux and this was a Two-fer . Then I found a US source of a hormone cream with 80-10-10 of estriol,estrone and estradiol with progesterone. Most of my five years were on this cream. I like topical applications because they bypass the liver and are safer. I had a blood screening for general health during that time and everything was OK as far as my liver was concerned. I did have high triglycerides but I was also 50 pounds overweight. I lost the weight.
I also had a lot of problems with being down or sad on Progesterone and stopped taking the cream because of it. It was expensive too and my finances got to the place where I had no choice but to look elsewhere. (Now I am on Spiro and estragel.) I won't go in to dosages as I am not recommending this path to anyone. I did it out of desperation, no heath insurance and I also have a scientific background to understand the data. I was lucky and I knew I was playing fast and loose with my health. However, the alternative for me would have been so much worse. I might not be here if I didn't use these meds. I'm sure you know what I mean.
Seriously, the best way is to follow the Dr. or find a free clinic which allow for our care. These are popping up in many places now.

As for cup size, I think that the breast mass is about what the GG's in the family have but a male chest is usually bigger so the breast is spread over a larger area and thus is smaller in relation.

Cara Allen
11-27-2007, 01:50 PM
I think it's supposed to be with your genetics. If your mom and sister are C cups, you can expect a B cup. If they are a D cup, you can expect a D cup. One cup size smaller. Tell me if I'm wrong.

I have read that too, but I also read a few pages indicating that, as you get older, the potential bust growth also decreases. Supposedly, as you reach your 40's, it is reported that you won't see beyond an a cup.

This is a good site, lots of diagrams and pics, but also containing this A Cup bad news... (pout)

http://www.tgguide.com/Library/breast-development.htm

MJ
11-27-2007, 03:56 PM
well i am 47 and have been on hormones for 3 years 200 mg Spiro and 5 mg estrogen and i am c-cup ... my boobs are sore and itch after 3 years i would think that would stop ..my mum and sisters are big .. i don't think they will get much bigger

so i can't do the guy thing at the beach ... and there is no way mj is going to the beach :eek:

Scotty
11-27-2007, 07:30 PM
year and a half, 2mg - I did 4 months at 4mg.

Maybe 1/3rd of the time on T-blockers, the rest not - this is where I wanted to be so I could function in guy mode.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57573&stc=1&d=1196083781

Vaerise
11-28-2007, 12:44 AM
Hi Cara

I started HRT at 26 years, almost 2 years ago..

I begin with very small dosage and progressively moved on to higher dosage and tried different drugs to see if they have any effects at all.

I have tried from Progynova, Premarin, Provera, Marvelon & Spironolactone.

I currently stayed with 8mg Progynova (Estradiol Valerate) and 200mg Spironolactone.

I have only gotten AA cup.. very disappointing.

helenr
11-28-2007, 01:19 AM
I agree with the genetics remark. My older sister developed quite large breasts about age 11-12-remember walking into her room once unannounced and my eyes nearly popped out! I was on estrogen patch about 3 months, off about 2 now. hardness under nipple subsiding, alas, and also super sensitivity. But the look is definitely not one of man boobs-more like young teen tits. I can bend down and kiss the girls goodnight, however silly that may sound-even to me! best, helen

Nadine
11-28-2007, 11:05 AM
Wowwie! Nadine, you blow away the bell curve!!! I think that is just wonderful! Can I tell you that I have read my eyes bloody trying to find some positive indications that breast growth can happen for us mature ladies? Everything says, "you'll get an A Cup if you're lucky."

What are you taking, may I ask? What ever it is, I want it, too!

Hi Cara,

As I said in my previous post, I am taking 4mg Estrafem and 200mg Spiro daily (split evenly in the morning and evening). Prior to this I spent 2 years on herbals with a little growth - about an "AB" cup size. In 5 months on hormones my breasts have really grown. A possible reason for this is that I was recently diagnosed as having "XX-male syndrome" - in other words I have female X-chromosomes and no male Y-chromosomes. Also my testosterone levels are way below normal and my estrogen levels are way above normal for males. This may have helped a bit!

charla42
11-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Hi Cara: I am 65years old and have been taking herbal homones since March also use a herbal T-blocker. I have developed a A+Cup my hips have expanded about one inch. The feelings are great. and my skin has really got very soft. My bald spots are filling in. Hope this info helps. Sincerely Charla

Cara Allen
11-29-2007, 08:22 PM
[QUOTE=Scottie;1099486]year and a half, 2mg - I did 4 months at 4mg.

Maybe 1/3rd of the time on T-blockers, the rest not - this is where I wanted to be so I could function in guy mode.

Scottie,

You look beautiful!

Thank you so much for sharing.

Hugs,

Cara

Cara Allen
11-29-2007, 08:27 PM
Thanks to everyone for helping me try to understand what will happen to me soon, and how quickly.

It is soo hard to try to plan an effective transition without trashing one's life. This information is so valuable to me.

NOW, any chance that you all will be willing to share the next question? See my new thread, "HRT, Hip and Bumm Development."

(smile... no, really!)

Love you all,

Cara