PDA

View Full Version : Crossdresser In Worlds Fastest Indian

vivianann
11-25-2007, 03:58 AM
My dad asked me to come over to set up a new dvd player so he could watch the movie "worlds fastest indian" He then asked me to stay and watch it with him, so I did. What a great movie, anyway right to the point there was a crossdresser or a transgendered person who worked at the check in counter in the motel, I was wondering if any of you have seen the movie, the crossdressers name in the movie was Tina, I sure liked the way she dressed. After the movie which my dad enioyed and so did I, my dad kept commenting about the guy in the dress, he thought it was pretty neat that he could wear a dress at work, and help out Mr Munroe buy a used car, and go to breakfast, and call the shipping company, and accompany Mr Munroe to the shipping yard and other places aroud the city while dressed as a woman. my dad especially liked the part where the crossdresser(tina) told Mr munroe that he was not a woman and that he was a boy in a deep voice when she said she was a boy, then mr Munroe's reply "I thought there was something odd about you but you are still lovely". Then my dad told me that back when he was growing up in the 40's and 50's that sometimes if a man wanted a job where they would only hire women to fill the position, that he has seen men dress up like a woman to try to get the job, some were succesful at and others were not, has anybody heard of this, I did not think that would happen back then in this country, my dad grew up in California. I almost came out to my dad about my crossdressing and my desire to dress as woman, but the words of my mother from a few months ago kept ringing in my mind dont tell your dad, so I did not tell him, He wants me to watch it again with him tomorrow, so who knows what will happen, my mother will be watching the movie with us tomorrow also.

Megan70
11-25-2007, 04:48 AM
My dad asked me to come over to set up a new dvd player so he could watch the movie "worlds fastest indian" He then asked me to stay and watch it with him, so I did. What a great movie, anyway right to the point there was a cross dresser or a transgendered person who worked at the check in counter in the motel, .... I almost came out to my dad about my cross dressing and my desire to dress as woman, but the words of my mother from a few months ago kept ringing in my mind dint tell your dad, so I did not tell him, He wants me to watch it again with him tomorrow, so who knows what will happen, my mother will be watching the movie with us tomorrow also.

Hi Viv,
Regarding your partial quote here dear... No I have never seen this movie much less heard of-it. But something sounds (pleasantly for YOU) fishy here if you are describing this like you say happened. Why would your dad want you to stay around and watch that particular movie with him and then ask you to come back again today to re-watch it again????:eek:Unless:
1) he is or was a crossdresser himself and is tepidly hinting about the old days or

2) he KNOWS about you and this is an easy ice- breaker that will open you up and spill the beans after you watch the second time.
Either option TO ME is not negative but a positive factor in your favor. Just too many overt hints were made about this scene and that that spell something more than an unusual in tersest in the subject.

I find it really unusual and not th norm to recall of stories of men dressing as women and female impersonating them during the 40's and 50's to get a females job. That NEVER happened around my neck of the woods in Upstate NY in that period; why it is a FACT you could get arrested back then for even appearing on the street dressed as a woman!. There were archaic laws on the books in most cites dating back to the Victorian era. I clearly remember reading and article in either Life or Look magazine in the early or mid 60's talking about the NYC vice squad and they interviewed a city cop who was on the vice squad and would talk of arresting female impersonator hookers, NOT for soliciting BUT for appearing dressed in public as a woman. It was , back then considered a nuisance crime punishable by fine or several days jail time.

Anyway in closing here Viv I say GO for it watch it a second time and just be prepared for either fishing questions from your Dad to seek you out or you might hear a revelation about him that might surprise you. I would ask the question though "Dad, why did you want me to come over here again to watch this and why are you so enamored by that crossdresser." I think its a WIN, WIN situation Viv. I be eager to know what happens? Keep us posted Hun! :2c:.... can I come watch too!:heehee:

Love :happy:

Megan

Angie G
11-25-2007, 04:51 AM
If I had a monent tike that with my dad I may have told him I knew he dressed ans that I also do it :hugs:
Angie

Beth-GDB
11-25-2007, 05:58 AM
Ask your father if he wants to see the movie "Kinky boots". It's about an English shoe factory on the verge of bankruptcy that finds itself a new niche market making women's style shoes & boots in men's sizes for the TV/TG/TS market (based on a true story but the movie events don't exacly match the real events. The real factory is still in business). The movie is a low-key comedy in style.

As for World's Fastest Indian, I have it but haven't watched it with anyone. Just one comment about it. Burt made several trips to the speed trials in Utah and the events portrayed in the movie didn't all happen in one trip, Different events happened on different trips but were condensed into a single trip for the movie storyline.

Suzy Harrison
11-25-2007, 06:40 AM
I've seen that film - it's really good ... and Tina is a bonus I think. I’ve even paused the film several times to check out her make up and style…

I also think your dad seems to be trying to get you to make a comment on Tina's activities. Something is going on here.

Megan is right about the attitudes years ago. From what I've read about it, if you think it's difficult now, well it was illegal years ago in the US. I can't remember the exact name of the offence, but I think it went along the lines of ‘masquerading as a member of the opposite sex' - with the implication that you would have been doing it for prostitution purposes.

So I can’t see that his story has any truth in it – it’s more likely he’s after a response from you.

Good luck ! :hugs: Suzy

maryjanecapri
11-25-2007, 08:48 AM
i don't remember that scene but i will say that is one of my all time favorite movies.

Nicole Erin
11-25-2007, 10:07 AM
Yeah he either does it himself or he thinks you do and is wanting to find out.

Just be careful with this. It kinda reminds me of those scenarios where someone says "I have a gay brother..." just to milk someone for info.

What if movies came to be a regular thing, you know, birdcae, the crying game.... :heehee:

vivianann
11-25-2007, 01:12 PM
My dad said that he got the movie from an old friend of his that told him that he has to see it because it is a great movie. and like some of you suggested maybe he might be on a phishing expedition since seeing that crossdresser in the movie, this incident really threw me for a loop, because my dad is a very macho type man, sometimes I wonder if he is that way to cover up something, who knows. As far as the the era of the 40's and the 50's I always thought that it was not legal for a man to wear dresses, so I dont know why he would say that other than to get me to out myself, other than the fact that he grew up in california and they were more open to that sort of behavior back then, because from what I have read it was taboo for a man to dress up like a woman back then. I am not ready to out myself to him just yet, I want to, but I need to see what my dad is up to, if he would freak out if he saw me that way. I am starting to get the art of putting makeup on, because when I am out enfemme (like I have been alot lately when I was in Salt Lake) I am geeting a lot of positive comments about my makup from women and some men. anyway I am going to be careful. I am wondering if my mother has been talking to him about me crossdressing since I came out to her while I was wearing a dress makeup and wig last summer. now that my mother knows and is going to be watching the movie with us, I wonder what she is going to do. I will let you all know what happens.

vivianann
11-25-2007, 01:28 PM
Anyway in closing here Viv I say GO for it watch it a second time and just be prepared for either fishing questions from your Dad to seek you out or you might hear a revelation about him that might surprise you. I would ask the question though "Dad, why did you want me to come over here again to watch this and why are you so enamored by that crossdresser." I think its a WIN, WIN situation Viv. I be eager to know what happens? Keep us posted Hun! :2c:.... can I come watch too!:heehee:

Love :happy:

I would love to have you over to see the movie with us, too bad you are so far away, if you were here then we both could dress up like 2 women to watch the movie. :heehee: I really appreciate your insight and you sence of humor Megan. Love you too

vivianann
11-26-2007, 02:09 AM
Well things did not work out as planned, my mother was on edge today and said she did not want the movie to be played, and talked about. I dont know what happened but things were not pleasant at all today, so I left and went on about my busines I will find out eventually. Sorry about the letdown.:sad:
:hugs: Vivian

Raquel June
11-26-2007, 02:29 AM
Well, you did say that you already told your mom, so don't you think there's a good chance she let it slip to dad?

Maybe I'm totally wrong, but it sounds to me like your mom told your dad, and your dad is trying to show you that he's cool with it and he wants you to come out to him. Your dad got World's Fastest Indian and thought it would be the perfect ice-breaker, so he pretended he hadn't watched it yet and invited you over. Well, his hints didn't work so he invited you over to watch it again. But that's a little obvious, so after you left your mom got pissed off at him because she doesn't want you to think she betrayed your trust by telling him.

So turn the tables on them. Go over there and say, "Hey, since we already watched that, let's try a different movie," and pop in Priscilla or To Wong Fu this time. ;)