PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco and the "2-sock" rule

nornor
11-25-2007, 09:26 AM
When I first started exploring TS bars in San Francisco (mid 70's) I was talking to the bartender who told me about the "good ol' days" of crossdressing in the city. She told me that in those days there was a law that if you were dressed in public and stopped by the police, you must have 2 articles of men's clothing on. So the girls back then, in all of there creativity would carry a pair of men's socks in their purse and would show them, along with their ID. The nicer "cops" would let them go on their way, The meaner ones would make them put them on over their stockings and put their pumps back on and walk around that way.
Amusing story that I thought I would share. Anyone hear of this law?

Karren H
11-25-2007, 09:33 AM
I always wear at least one article just because of whre I crossdress... in the back woods of WV, and KY... VA.... Still a lot of old laws on the books.. Maybe I need to wear a second something.. lol

Angie G
11-25-2007, 12:26 PM
No bit I believe it there are some stupid laws on the books in some places :hugs:
Angie

Niya W
11-25-2007, 01:07 PM
When I first started exploring TS bars in San Francisco (mid 70's) I was talking to the bartender who told me about the "good ol' days" of crossdressing in the city. She told me that in those days there was a law that if you were dressed in public and stopped by the police, you must have 2 articles of men's clothing on. So the girls back then, in all of there creativity would carry a pair of men's socks in their purse and would show them, along with their ID. The nicer "cops" would let them go on their way, The meaner ones would make them put them on over their stockings and put their pumps back on and walk around that way.
Amusing story that I thought I would share. Anyone hear of this law?
SFBAY local

THose laws have long since been abolished. Look up the movie screaming queens. its movie about the incident at the Compton's cafeteria.
California has laws that protect TG's

Dizzy-Chan
11-25-2007, 03:29 PM
I'd just wear the socks in my bra. Two birds with one stone.

charllote34
11-25-2007, 04:02 PM

Ha ha thats just what i was thinking !!

Kieroney
11-25-2007, 06:33 PM
Wow, I'm learning something new everytime I come back to the site.

trannie T
11-25-2007, 06:42 PM
It is amazing how much progress we have made in the last fifty years. We must continue the fight for LBGT rights.

Mollyanne
11-25-2007, 07:41 PM

Needed that laugh!!!!

:love: Mollyanne

nornor
11-25-2007, 08:04 PM

I think the problem with stuffing your bra with the sock was that when you were stopped by the police, they would:
1- make you pull it out to show them, leaving you lopsided.
2- make you put them on your feet, again, leaving you lopsided.

I didn't post the original story to be political. Just thought is was amusing.

Michelle 51
11-25-2007, 09:31 PM

Thats a good one dear.hee hee

Ðarissa
11-25-2007, 10:38 PM
I'd just wear the socks in my bra. Two birds with one stone.Bwahahahaha.... that's a good one.

Niya W
11-25-2007, 10:40 PM
Hmm does it count if you have a man hagging off you ??

Joanna-Louise
11-26-2007, 03:53 AM
from what ive read on the internet it seems these laws are still in force in some areas of the states (ill try and find the internet links for you all) and also other countires.

Im now wondering if the UK has such laws?!?

Jo
xx

Angela Burke
11-26-2007, 04:47 AM
I'd never heard of the "two sock rule" either and I also assumed it was some strange law about how much padding you could have in your bra.
You could argue that a condom is an article of male clothing!

Melissa_Z
11-26-2007, 09:51 AM
from what ive read on the internet it seems these laws are still in force in some areas of the states (ill try and find the internet links for you all) and also other countires.

I'd love to see this info if you dig it up :)

Niya W
11-26-2007, 10:16 AM

Im now wondering if the UK has such laws?!?

Jo
xx

THey can not be enforced in California. They are anti discrimination laws for TG's That takes precedences of any ant TG's laws .