PDA

View Full Version : why we dress

aprilwall1977
11-25-2007, 05:23 PM
My wife asked me why we love to wear womens clothes. I have no real ans. for her. I started dressing at a young age 4or 5. the frist time dressed was by a babysetter after I got push into the water and all she had was a dress and a a pair of panties. after that day I was dress as a gril by her untill all the others kids were to come home from scool. I dont know if this is what started my dressing or just the triger. can anyone help me out thanks
april:straightface:

charllote34
11-25-2007, 05:25 PM
The $64,000 dollar question , my answer because its part of who i am and i like doing it!

DeeInGeorgia
11-25-2007, 05:31 PM
We dress because for the same reasons she dresses in womens clothes. Why does she like to wear womens' clothes?

Ruth
11-25-2007, 05:35 PM
This is not the answer, but I think it's a deep down part of you, it's a life long thing, and it's not caused by somebody randomly putting some female clothes on you at some point in your childhood.
I never had the experience you describe, but for as long as I can remember I have liked the look and the feel of women's clothes (either on me or on her!).

Marla S
11-25-2007, 05:40 PM
Nobody has the answer to the WHY.

I assume you and your wife will come closer to an answer by asking: Why not ?

Imagine to play the piano would be meant for men only, while to play the guitar would be meant for women only.
If society says so, most will arrange with it, but there will be some women that would like to play the piano and some men that would like to play the guitar.
Why ? Why not ?

Men's wear has its tunes and women's wear has its tunes.
How reasonable it is to determine which tunes to play or like by your plumbing ? Wouldn't the mind be a better adviser or are we indeed slaves of our plumbing?
The latter is a scary thought, but society seems to work this way.
Here I ask: WHY ??? does the society determine how we are allowed to dress ?

jennifer41356
11-25-2007, 05:43 PM
For me, its who i am , I feel I am a female and would like to live as much as my life as a female..I enjoy the cute clothes, the makeup, looking pretty...the same as any female..i guess you could ask her the same...its who we are:love:

Dizzy-Chan
11-25-2007, 05:48 PM
Girls just get better clothes. It's not fair.

Raychel
11-25-2007, 05:50 PM
I am sure that you could ask 1000 different crossdressers and come up with 1000 differant answers. But for me it started when I was very young and curious. And I would bet that you know once you have tried an article of womens clothing, then you are hooked. There is no turning back from there. Now I am close to 50years old, Marrie with 3 kids, And I dress because I like the feeling of the clothes. One little thing that I get to do for myself.

Get the kids ready for the buss and of to school. Work all day long trying to make a living to suport my family, Come home deal with screaming kids, and very often a grouchy wife. Sometime make dinner, Get the kids off to bed, So I like to wear some nice clothes once in a while. My treat to me.

Mary Morgan
11-25-2007, 05:53 PM
My answer is that I have no more control over my need to appear as a woman than I do over my left-handedness, my blue eyes, my blonde (now grey) hair, or my height. I am what I am, and that is what God intended for me to be, because God doesn't make mistakes. God only creates opportunity.

susanmichelle
11-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Well said everyone, especially Louise . I could not have answered it better

Susan Michelle

trannie T
11-25-2007, 06:31 PM
There have been many threads on this subject and a little it of scientific research. After reading all I can find on the subject of why we dress I have come to a conclusion; Ain't nobody knows.

Kelly Greene
11-25-2007, 06:34 PM
Why do I have a desire to look feminine?
Why when I dress up in a dress do I want to look pretty?
I don’t know the answers to these questions, all I know is that I have a desire in my heart and when it goes unanswered I can go kind of nuts.
So maybe it is to maintain a level of sanity that I would not have if I did not crossdress.

charlie
11-25-2007, 06:39 PM
For me, its who i am , I feel I am a female and would like to live as much as my life as a female..I enjoy the cute clothes, the makeup, looking pretty...the same as any female..i guess you could ask her the same...its who we are:love:
From my wife and most girls I see and talk to, they would rather not wear the very clothes that we risk so much to wear. Go to a mall, church or concert. Ninety percent of the women there are in tennis shoes, jeans and blouse. None of the skirts, dresses and high heels that I like.

Karren H
11-25-2007, 06:44 PM
"Why" doesn't matter because if you knew why it wouldn't change the fact that you do love to wear womens clothing.. So the persuit of "why" doesn't add value to your life... I'd tell her you don't know why and you could care less why... Ya just do..

Karren

Deanna2
11-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Femme gear is more colourful, softer, has a greater range and, most importantly, is far more comfortable.

wannabie
11-25-2007, 06:49 PM
The $64,000 dollar question , my answer because its part of who i am and i like doing it!

Girls just get better clothes. It's not fair.

These are my reasons!!!

Mistybtm
11-25-2007, 06:49 PM
because I love it so , no other reason needed :2c:

christina marie
11-25-2007, 06:57 PM
'cuz i want to!

sweetpea
11-25-2007, 07:04 PM
Wearing female clothes is one thing. But why is it that you go from wearing the under garments to wearing the complete outfit, makeup, wig, etc. When most of the GG dress we don't go to the full extreme, 98% wear blue jeans and shirts and still look very nice. I don't get the need for CD to take it to that extreme unless they are BI or trans-sexual. Explain why you feel that need to make such a change. There are men clothing that can offer you the same feel as womens clothing without going to such extremes so explain why you feel the need to wear womens clothing.

(P.S.) Not trying to hurt anyone feelings just trying to find answers.

Wendy me
11-25-2007, 07:06 PM
lol because Wendy wears Wendy's clothes ....what's the point to having this wonderful part of me if i don't dress her in women's clouthing?????.....

Raychel
11-25-2007, 07:16 PM
Wearing female clothes is one thing. But why is it that you go from wearing the under garments to wearing the complete outfit, makeup, wig, etc. When most of the GG dress we don't go to the full extreme, 98% wear blue jeans and shirts and still look very nice. I don't get the need for CD to take it to that extreme unless they are BI or trans-sexual. Explain why you feel that need to make such a change. There are men clothing that can offer you the same feel as womens clothing without going to such extremes so explain why you feel the need to wear womens clothing.

I can only speak for myself. And I am sure that other may feel differant. But for me as a neck down dresser, there is a feeling of being in a differant place when I have completely dressed, Girdle, Forms, Pantyhose and a Dress. You can't get that feeling in mens clothes. I get totally relaxed and it takes my mind off of all the daily grind, money problems, family issues. they all seem to just drift away for the short time that I get to dress. I nice little mini-vacation, without leaving home.

MJ
11-25-2007, 07:16 PM
My answer is that I have no more control over my need to appear as a woman than I do over my left-handedness, my blue eyes, my blonde (now grey) hair, or my height. I am what I am, and that is what God intended for me to be, because God doesn't make mistakes. God only creates opportunity.

well said Louise

hey the good lord made me this way .. i accept that , and i don't have a problem ....if people can accept me then they have the problem

aprilwall1977
11-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Sweetpea its alonging in are hearts that just wont go away.
for me it relives stres and pressure from time to time. its not a sexaul thing yes at first it was and at times it sill is Now you say women dont cd all women do use to be you laddy's diddnt wear pants but now its evryday. women wear mens boxers to bed and some under there clothes. I know your going to say men never use to cd but crings has been around for ever. cding dose not make us gay bi it is a way of life. :love:
April

p.s. im not trying to pis you laddys off I love all women

MJ
11-25-2007, 07:39 PM
Wearing female clothes is one thing. But why is it that you go from wearing the under garments to wearing the complete outfit, makeup, wig, etc. When most of the GG dress we don't go to the full extreme, 98% wear blue jeans and shirts and still look very nice. I don't get the need for CD to take it to that extreme unless they are BI or trans-sexual.

Explain why you feel that need to make such a change. There are men clothing that can offer you the same feel as womens clothing without going to such extremes so explain why you feel the need to wear womens clothing.

from my point of view why on earth would you not dress all the way .
i have some nice outfits for church and i also have blue jeans and don't dress to that extreme and i feel i do look nice .. and i don't feel bi or gay ..

mens clothing is just that MENS ... you gg have much prettier clothing and colorful plus the amazing style's and the heels oh my .. men clothing is sooo boring . how many woman have i heard say " i wish HE would get in touch with his feminine side " ... and those of us that do well you can read the many story's here at the forum !!! were is the justice :rolleyes:

Kate Simmons
11-25-2007, 07:45 PM
For myself it has become less of a need and more of a choice. Simply put, I do this because I want to. Many of us question ourselves all our lives about this. Pretty soon it becomes less of a "why" and more of a JDI (just do it). I think Marla hit on a good point and sometimes it just feels like the right thing to do and we may just need it to fine tune ourselves and get another perspective. Not everyone is willing to do this but, then again, not everyone is willing to be an individual and stand up for their rights (concerning many different things). The actual motivations may be various and sundry but deep down it just feels "right" sometimes. Who we are as a person may be involved and that, in itself, is reason enough.:happy:

TerriM
11-25-2007, 11:18 PM
For me my answer is no answer. I stopped asking about 10 years ago and life got a little easier.

Yours Terri

Lisa Golightly
11-26-2007, 11:02 AM
They fit me better.

Jazzmine
11-26-2007, 04:49 PM
The "why" question is vexed and mysterious and best left to a scientist to sort out. In the meantime we can have fun doing it!

I don't think early exposure to wearing girls clothing affects much - many boys get this - but they're too dumb to work out how much fun it would be to try it. We just happen to be the bright ones that got it all together and made it happen.
So the real answer to "why" is the old Yogi Bear routine "I'm smarter than the average guy"!!

:hugs: Jazzmine

KatieC
11-27-2007, 11:55 AM

(P.S.) Not trying to hurt anyone feelings just trying to find answers.A couple of thoughts that may (or may not) help . . .

GGs have the option to dress up or dress down, depending on their mood (and the practicalities of what they have to do that day). I would be surprised if the GGs I see who are usually in jeans and a t-shirt, don't also have some more frilly clothing in their closets for when they want to dress up. When CDers dress up, why would they want to wear the same sort of thing they wear in male-mode? That'd be like a GG deciding to "dress up" . . . in jeans.

Also, I personally find it nearly impossible to find clothing made for a man, in the softer materials that is pretty much standard in women's clothing. Oh, I have a few really nice cotton shirts with just the right weave to make them soft, and a few silk shirts, but I find it very rare to find items like that. I also happen to adore lace, and I have never seen (modern) male clothing with lace.

-Katie

Oh, a third thought about the "extremes" of makeup, wigs, etc. Society does not at all approve of the "guy in a dress" look. If a CDer likes to wear dresses, and wishes to go out of the house without risking ridicule or worse, it's a good idea to try to look completely female. Which requires makeup to hide the 5-o'clock shadow, possibly a wig to get feminine looking hair, breast forms/hip padding to get the body shape more female looking, etc. You don't have to be TS to feel you need to go to those "extremes".

dazzed
11-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Because it makes me feel good . There are very few things not fattening or illegal ,that do that .

LA CINDY LOVE
11-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Look at all the cloths and shoes that women have to wear they got all the fun..........and I want to have fun too.

LA CINDY LOVE

CROSSAMANDA
11-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Because it just feel good.