PDA

View Full Version : What was I thinking ???

lahr
11-27-2007, 07:53 PM
I have ben down with a virus for two or three days. Today I felt a little better and dressed in hose, capri slacks, a low cut red top and bright red boots with 5"Stiletto heels. I Fired up the fire place and sat back to enjoy the moment with a cup of tea and a shot of brandy. OK... The phone rings and my Sister is bending my ear. Next its my cpa and attorney on a conference call. I was in a daze. The mail man dropped off my mail and I ran out to the mail box, high heels clicking away on the pavement and me dresed like a woman wearing girly clothes and red lip gloss. Several of my neighbors saw me and and did double take. I'm concerned! I just hope think they were imagineing things or mistook me for my sister.

beau
11-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Sound like a very good day glad you are feel better:p

suzanne
11-27-2007, 08:20 PM
You are still mostly in the closet, no? Many of us who are in the closet, myself included, wish it was possible to out ourselves and be done with it. Was your little excursion a Freudian slip? (maybe with us it could be called a Freudian skirt!)

Nicole Erin
11-27-2007, 09:15 PM
THAT'S going to be fun to explain if anyone asks about it. :joke:
But probably no one will say anything.

What impresses me is you can run in heels, I can barely walk gracefully in them.

Denise Barrett
11-27-2007, 09:47 PM
Hi Lahr, :hugs:

Oops! Do you know your neighbors well? Do you talk to them a lot, more than just "hi"? They're not noticing is probably out of the question, and, in some neighborhoods most of them know by now. Don't panic. I don't believe anything will change. Just go on about your life as if nothing had happened and maybe nothing will. But looking at the positive side, this may become a blessing in disguise. All depends, of course, on how it all turns out. Good luck.

With all my love and respect,:love:
Denise

RobertaFermina
11-27-2007, 10:06 PM
Ummmmm....so what party was it that you were going to ?

:rose: Fete Chick :rose:

alyssalove56
11-27-2007, 11:18 PM
Most mornings, I go out to get the paper. Usually I am totally femme when I go out to get it. I live in a diverse neighborhood. The college girls think I'm cute.(No greater thrill than to be complimented on your nail color choice!) I have an older neighbor who was quite taken aback but did eventually speak to me again- he probably decided it wasn't me! Oh well, when I wake up I'm alyssa. I don't care for the aspect of freaking people out and wish I could help them understand. However, its my house and my life and alyssa sleeps much more restfully than alan ever did.

marny
11-28-2007, 12:06 AM
I go out for the paper every morning too. I live on a pretty quiet street but there are often cars or service trucks going by. If I'm wearing a coat no one can see much. Maybe they notice the gold sandles and the painted toes! In the spring and summer when I'm just wearing shorts an a t-shirt, well, they would have to be blind. But I have lived here for 10 years and walking around enfemme for 5 and so far no one has bothered me. I'm sure there are comments at the neighbourhood gatherings but unless it is busness i gave those whine fests up after my first year here! :D

alyssalove56
11-28-2007, 12:24 AM
cool. as i add more and more "crossover" things to my wardrobe more and more of the people i'm around are catching on. and i love it. its the real me. summer is more revealing, though, isn't it? however i've got some new holiday jammies that are gonna stand out!

Tracy_Victoria
11-28-2007, 05:20 AM
I never feel like dressing If i'm under the weather, and sadly I've been ill for well over a month now so although the desire is there, the energy and will isn't.

I have to admit my dressing has always been for fun, and If I'm not fully with it, it never is. therefore I prefer to wait until I can enjoy it fully over making do, or making such a mistake as above.

Angie G
11-28-2007, 05:34 AM
Good luck with this one hun :hugs:
Angie

Katie Ashe
11-28-2007, 10:40 AM
Sounds fun, but can be deathly scary to be seen.
Options always available:
1. Lost a bet
2. Girlfriend
3. Sister
4. Holiday Party try on's
5. Laundry Day
6. Amature Model for Seemstress

Kristen Marie
11-28-2007, 01:28 PM
Good news is you're from the Boston area. We tend to be a little more CD forgiving here. You can always say you were experimenting for next year's Halloween party.

Deanna2
11-28-2007, 03:48 PM
What's to explain. If anyone comments just tell them you'd been unwell and you weren't yourself that day.

Dawn Marie
11-28-2007, 06:22 PM
Sounds like to me that you had your sister over!!! That one ususally works for me. One time My ex-wife saw a picture of me all dressed up and asked who that was. I just told her that was my cousin. She really didn't recognize me. But later on I told her the picture was me.

Sinthia
11-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Sounds fun, but can be deathly scary to be seen.
Options always available:
1. Lost a bet
2. Girlfriend
3. Sister
4. Holiday Party try on's
5. Laundry Day
6. Amature Model for Seemstress

Katie . . . I have always found that honesty rules. Just mention that you occasionally like to get 'dressed' and if it bothers you to see me like that, I will try to not expose you to it. They will probably say that you can do what ever you like whenever you want.

trannie T
11-28-2007, 11:22 PM
If anyone asks, just tell them that you're a crossdresser.
Hope that there was something good in the mail like a Victoria's Secret catalog.

Ibuki_Warpetal
11-28-2007, 11:40 PM
Lol.
Are you sure people were looking at you?

Just remember they probably either don't care, or think it's funny.