PDA

View Full Version : Ask Aethen . . .

CaptLex
11-27-2007, 09:34 PM
. . . or Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Librarians, but Were Afraid to Ask . . . :heehee:

As some of you may know, Aethen is Tristan's SO and a rare species around here 'cause he's also a GM (which is why I'm going to clone him). As such he's become a big part of the TransMasculine section (and ship's Navigator), so I thought it would be cool to ask him some questions and get to know him better. He's graciously agreed to answer stuff for us, but, of course, he reserves the right to refuse to answer anything he doesn't want to answer.

So, I'm going to start you off with an easy one, Aethen . . . what's in that mug you're always drinking from? :D

aethen
11-27-2007, 09:39 PM
So, I'm going to start you off with an easy one, Aethen . . . what's in that mug you're always drinking from? :D

Easy

Coffee... black, no sugar. It's what God meant when he said "Let there be light."

~Mark

CaptLex
11-27-2007, 09:44 PM
Easy

Coffee... black, no sugar. It's what God meant when he said "Let there be light."

~Mark

I'm sorry, the correct answer would have been "RUM"! Or we would have accepted "Grog". :tongueout

Next question: you've been known to frequent Tony Soprano land . . . so is it true that you "know people that know people"? :heehee:

aethen
11-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Next question: you've been known to frequent Tony Soprano land . . . so is it true that you "know people that know people"? :heehee:

I don't know anyone, anywhere, anyhow.. and I sure as hell didn't see anything.

~Mark

PS Seriously, though.. uh.. yes... but they live on Long Island, not Joisey.

Tristan
11-27-2007, 09:46 PM
I know you are way into movie quotes (and Lord knows I've heard more then a few), but what is your favorite movie quote of all time?

aethen
11-27-2007, 09:59 PM
I know you are way into movie quotes (and Lord knows I've heard more then a few), but what is your favorite movie quote of all time?

Impossible to answer. There are too many. Right now I'm partial to: "Do the world a favor, man. Get yourself an office, with a desk, and a lamp!"

~Mark

CaptLex
11-27-2007, 10:02 PM
Right now I'm partial to: "Do the world a favor, man. Get yourself an office, with a desk, and a lamp!"
What's that from?

Also, do you play any musical instruments?

aethen
11-27-2007, 10:04 PM
What's that from?

I'll answer later, but we've gotta give everyone else a chance go play! Anyone know?

Also, do you play any musical instruments?

4th grade to 12th grade I sat behind a cello and made very convincing playing-like motions. I'm quite terrible at it.

~Mark

Kieron Andrew
11-27-2007, 10:12 PM
I'll answer later, but we've gotta give everyone else a chance go play! Anyone know?

i do! :heehee: but i was under the impression this thread is yours, we have our own lol.......

its a 1986 film

ZenFrost
11-27-2007, 11:08 PM
What's your least favorite quote?

CaptLex
11-28-2007, 09:46 AM
Office Space? :idontknow:

Also, was Mrs. Peacock really a man? :heehee:

aethen
11-28-2007, 12:21 PM
i do! :heehee: but i was under the impression this thread is yours, we have our own lol.......

its a 1986 film

Well, I'll answer all the other questions.. but Name That Movie's no fun if the guy who comes up with the quote gives the movie title too.

What's your least favorite quote?

Anything uttered by Keanu Reeves when he was trying to be "dramatic". That's just painful.

Office Space? :idontknow:

Nope.

Also, was Mrs. Peacock really a man? :heehee:

Nope *slaps Lex*

It's okay guys... he asked for it... really!

~Mark

SirTrey
11-28-2007, 12:24 PM
Hey Mark....What is the one thing in life you MOST want to accomplish....and how do you think you are doing on the road to getting there? :) **Trey**

aethen
11-28-2007, 12:35 PM
Hey Mark....What is the one thing in life you MOST want to accomplish....and how do you think you are doing on the road to getting there? :) **Trey**

Is being content an accomplishment? If so, then here are a few of the steps in progress:

Getting out of debt--My parents were kind enough to help me out a big way here recently when they got a pretty big inheritance from my father's aunt. I still owe a ton in student loans, though, and I'll have a lot less stress when those go away.

Getting my boy here--Just a few more months!

Further down the road, I'd like to own my home, cuz renting sucks. Then me and my boy will travel the world.

~Mark

SirTrey
11-28-2007, 12:38 PM
Is being content an accomplishment
Absolutely!! And one that most never accomplish...so GOOD for you....and your boy, as well...:)

CaptLex
11-28-2007, 12:46 PM
Nope *slaps Lex*
How do you know? When were you in that mens' room? :heehee:

It's okay guys... he asked for it... really!
Yeah, I did - a double slap, actually. :p

Where would you most like to travel to?

Kieron Andrew
11-28-2007, 02:16 PM
Well, I'll answer all the other questions.. but Name That Movie's no fun if the guy who comes up with the quote gives the movie title too.

ok ok its jumping jack flash :D

aethen
11-28-2007, 03:57 PM
How do you know? When were you in that mens' room? :heehee:

Last Tuesday.

Where would you most like to travel to?

I'd love to see Iceland.

~Mark

Tristan
11-28-2007, 10:12 PM
What is your idea of a perfect evening?

aethen
11-28-2007, 10:37 PM
What is your idea of a perfect evening?

7:30, April 24th, because it's not too hot, and not too cold. All you need is a light jacket!

Seriously, though.. for me, it's all about the company. What, where, when doesn't matter, it's all about who.

~Mark

CaptLex
11-29-2007, 10:53 AM
What's your zodiac sign?

SirTrey
11-29-2007, 10:58 AM
Dark, milk, or white chocolate?

aethen
11-29-2007, 05:32 PM
What's your zodiac sign?

Taurus, proving that, despite all common sense, the planets and stars have little influence over neurological development.

Dark, milk, or white chocolate?

Dark. Milk's okay if it's really good... and white chocolate just plain isn't chocolate. They should rename it and stop pretending:p

~Mark

CaptLex
11-29-2007, 05:38 PM
white chocolate just plain isn't chocolate. They should rename it and stop pretending:p
I'm so glad someone else sees that - pretty smart for a Taurean. :heehee:

Next question: which character on Seinfeld do you most identify with? Yes I know that was pretty random. :p

aethen
11-29-2007, 06:18 PM
Next question: which character on Seinfeld do you most identify with? Yes I know that was pretty random. :p

Bob Sacamano

~Mark

ZenFrost
11-29-2007, 11:53 PM
pretty smart for a Taurean. :heehee:

Hey! I'm one too! :hmph:

CaptLex
12-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Hey! I'm one too! :hmph:
Aww, sorry Zen I was just trying to pick on Aethen - I don't have anything against Taureans, really (though they're usually pretty stubborn). :hugs:

Another question, Aethen, what's Santa gonna put in your stocking this year (assuming you've been a good boy)? :raisedeyebrow:

aethen
12-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Another question, Aethen, what's Santa gonna put in your stocking this year (assuming you've been a good boy)? :raisedeyebrow:

Well, I asked for an Elf (mmmm Legolas) but I dunno if he gives them away.

~Mark

CaptLex
12-16-2007, 12:19 PM
Aethen,

I gave the rest of the boys a homework assignment and I think I should include you too. You like homework, right? :p

So . . . tell us at least three (preferably more) things about you that you do well. I'll start you off with the first one: you make people laugh. So tell us some more. :happy: