PDA

View Full Version : My sister

JoAnnDallas
11-28-2007, 09:15 AM
Last night while laying in bed reading, my wife tells me that my sister told her at Thanksgiving that it was not right that she let me wear womens clothing. Then my sister made a comment about my polished toes and nails. My sister has seen me in my lady Hanes T-shirts and shorts but thats all. My wife told me she got a little mad with my sister and told her that she was OK wiith me wearing womens clothing and if I wanted to go all the way, she was OK with that too. I looked at my wife and asked what was my sisters response to that. Wife said my sister just stared at her for a moment and then changed the subject. So don't know if my wife getting mad at my sister outed me or not. LOL

Julogden
11-28-2007, 09:37 AM
Hi JoAnn,

My opinion, yeah, you've been outed. But your dear wife was defending you, so don't go off on her, just give her a big hug. Often.

Carol

AmberTG
11-28-2007, 10:02 AM
Ya, you better thank your wife for that one! Obviously, you were already out if your sister was making those comments.

Emily Ann Brown
11-28-2007, 10:23 AM
YOU ARE OUT SIS !!!!!!!!! YEAH !

Emily Ann

Jenny Beth
11-28-2007, 10:41 AM
I think your wife knows more than you think she does. Whether that's good or bad only time will tell but the really sad part is that there is a wedge between your wife and your sister over this. I don't know what I'd do in your situation but I wouldn't ignore it either. This may be an opportunity to have "the talk".

Violet
11-28-2007, 10:56 AM
I'm under the impression JoAnn's wife knows about her CDing, just from what was posted (I could be wrong, I'm not trying to make assumptions!). Good for her for standing up for JoAnn and being so supportive!

I agree with Jenny Beth, though, in that it might be time to have a talk with your sister, but obviously that is a decision that is completely up to you. Maybe your sister was just trying to get some more information on the subject and thought going to your wife would be easier? I wish you the best!

Vivian Best
11-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Sounds like the cat is out of the bag! Couldn't tell your post whether your wife knows you go all the way or not. If she doesn't, would be a good time to tell her. As for the sister, good thing you don't have to live with her. It also sounds like she had no desire to debate the issue with your wife. It's great to have an understanding wife!

Gemma1968
11-28-2007, 11:31 AM
well at least ur wife is ok about you doing, how good that must be!

Michelle 51
11-28-2007, 11:46 AM
Well one thing for sure with cding is its a one way street.You can,t back up and say it isn,t so. When your out your out.I guess you should talk to your sister heart to heart and see what she thinking.Hopefully you can be yourself around her when this settles a bit.Just think you may have a new shopping partner justabit

lisa_e_love
11-28-2007, 12:10 PM
How heartening to have your wife sticking up for you under a barrage of attack!

It's kind of unsettling to hear that your sister was so overtly critical. It makes me wonder who I should tell if I get in a serious relationship. Honestly, that seems like something that is totally you and your wife's business.

Susan.
11-28-2007, 01:37 PM
Good for your wife. I have two sisters, one would think my CDing was great and the other would think that I'm going to hell, but that's Texas.

trannie T
11-28-2007, 11:44 PM
You have to live with your wife, not with your sister. Aren't you glad now that when you were twelve you put that frog your sister's bed?

JoAnnDallas
11-29-2007, 09:02 AM
Yes my wife nows about my fem side. She found out a few months ago. We talked about it all and she got real quite for a couple of days. She was not anyway Hostile but for a couple of days I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. LOL She Finally told me that she puts my dressing in womens clothing in the same light as when I dress up in customes for SciFi Cons and when I used to play D&D with a bunch back in Virginia. She did say she was not ready to see me fully dressed and told me she would rearrange her gym schedule so I could have a Saturday afternoon for myself.
My sister and I don't always see eye to eye on subjects, which is normal for siblings. I don't really think my sister was trying to be mean. She is very religious and I guess this just doesn't sit with her that her little brother is TG. She can get a little too concern with a subject and once in a while you just have to tell her enough is enough and then everything goes back to normal. I guess as long as I don't walk into her house fully dressed as JoAnn, she will be OK with it. She has only seen me in women's T-shirts, shorts, and sandels. All of them are unisex enough that you have to look closely to tell. I think as long as my wife is OK with me and I don't flaunt it around the family, my sister will be OK with it. My sister stayed withs us for about 4 months, so it was hard not for her to notice things like my cosmetics, that I color my eyebrows to cover up the white hair, I goto the nail salon and etc.